Planet funk

exotic

Oh boy.

I remember way back when I had a school trip on the 6th grade and when we were finally heading back home I borrowed a CD (Back when we actually had pocket CD players) and it had all these pop hits of early 2000's and one of the tracks was Inside All The People. Obviously this was yet the mass-information age where we had high speed internet and whatever that was even remotely electronic was always up to my alley.

Absolutely adored this sound. The vocals were something I enjoyed (and still do, this type of melting voice) and the electronic elements just sealed the deal. I had such affection for this track but alas I couldn't get much more of it and it eventually disappeared.

Now fast forward some years and I remembered the track and googled, got their albums and The Illogical Consequences just completely made one of my summers, good memories, lovely chill electronic sound. Guys really made masterful stuff and I always felt were way under-appreciated even considering they did sink into mainstream with a couple tracks.

Was disappointed as fuck with the shit 3rd album called Static. What made Planet Funk so flippin good and unique was gone and instead replaced with this wannabe artsy crap, like they tried too hard and it ended up being just a fucking disaster. Apparently 2 years ago they released a 4th? Haven't listened yet but I'm not holding my breath.

Was disappointed as fuck with the shit 3rd album called Static. What made Planet Funk so flippin good and unique was gone and instead replaced with this wannabe artsy crap, like they tried too hard and it ended up being just a fucking disaster. Apparently 2 years ago they released a 4th? Haven't listened yet but I'm not holding my breath.

Its crap just like Static. God knows what happened .They lost the power over the vocals which they exercised so well in non zero sumness. I always find it extremely bizarre how quality falls to such levels with bands that 'seem' to know what was it that made them click so well with the audience initially. Guess they didnt afterall . :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...