Classic tracks that you think are nothing special

Manuser

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite Oforia tracks are for example Uplifter, maximizer and cream.

They are for sure not sad or melancholic :)

Name a few tracks of him that you feel is sad and I will have a listen :)

The most melanchoic Oforia is Soil, it is a very melanchoic track and is great to listen when you feel sad, it is beautiful aswell but definatly melnachoic. The most melanchoic melody starts at 5 12 and it is really beaitufl. I have asked several times for similar tracks like this one but noone gave me recommendations.

Listen to this track loud on a good sound system outdoors (or better yet, from X-Dream playing live!) and you would probably change your mind... :)

This is a track your whole body feels, not just your ears and brain...

I love this track even for home listening, but it was truly multi-dimensional when I heard X-Dream play it at a festival!

I have heard it out, buuuut, nothing special to my ears or my ass. ;) I guess I like less aggressive music.

Oscillator is the one I go crazy to. :)

The most melanchoic Oforia is Soil, it is a very melanchoic track and is great to listen when you feel sad, it is beautiful aswell but definatly melnachoic. The most melanchoic melody starts at 5 12 and it is really beaitufl. I have asked several times for similar tracks like this one but noone gave me recommendations.

I think I understand, some of his morning and downtempo music has a wistful/sad feeling to it. It's subtle but it's definitely there.

Maybe try X-Dream: Rain? Or old Morphem?

Not trance but something that gives me similar feelings is this album: http://www.discogs.com/Alpha-Conspiracy-Aura/release/264638

Ok, let's put all things together. What I understand is that Simon considers:

1. "and the day turned night..." as his best track.

2. "lion sleeps..." his best trance track.

3. "shamanix" best Hallucinogen track.

Does it make sense?

Yes.

i heard it was Simon's boyfriend singing in the beginning of Shamanix, only rumours though it may be wrong!

:lol:

• 8 months later...

So I don't know if this was already brought up but... blasphemy coming here: Electric Universe has never been my thing :D

Except some tracks that are classix, many others are truly forgettable and for sure after stardiver it really never appealed to me.

The full on stuff, i have never heard anything of it, so I can't judge, I am only speaking of 95-00

I am a person who thinks that quality matters over quanitty, and Boris Blenn has undoutably released some of the best goa trance songs ever produced, for example the classical Aquarian Spirit, Sunset Skyline, Astral Voyage, Galaxia, Electric Pulsation, Synthadelic Glide, Portamento, Solar Energy and many many more. One track that I don´t regard as a classic however is Rain. This track has such a high status but I never thought of it as a special track. To me this track is not one of his best songs and I don´t get the hype about this track. Astral Projection even remixed it when they could ahve remixed a much better track that is closer to their style aswell.

I can't get enough of Divine Design. Maybe his most emotional album. It always moves me, anyway.

Waves is pretty spiffy too. More on the hypnotic/droning side, which is a style of goa I miss.

One Love I can't quite get into for some reason. Maybe because it's the foundational album, and I heard his later work first, but a lot of the tracks sound a little too... basic, and repetitive, somehow.