Classic tracks that you think are nothing special

Manuser

Am I? You don`t seem very mature aswell, when reading that you think Shamanix Remix sucks, because unlike you may think I don`t care what you think about the Remix. Anyone has different views and you may hate that Remix, while I really like it.

i don't have a mature bone in by body , keeps me laughing,keeps me honest and true to myself. unlike some other serious people :ph34r:

chill out radi, have some fun for a change

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened original Shamanix again...

Technossomy got point, it's not vocal. Well it can be vocal that is gated or croped? Again you have so called talking patches/presets for synths and for VST too, i saw on few VST and they are called something like goblins/gremlins/trolls talk... i used smiliar stuff in some of my tracks. One you have in Gladiator called Goblin i think.

There is nothing gayish in this. If you listen careful it's very tribalistic and it has to be, because of track name. Gayish singing could be Bieber with his voice...

For me, when i listen intro with this chanting i got idea, ok this introduce me to shamanic rituals, this is just beggining, i am expecting tribal and twisted mystical goa sounds now ... i mean that chant makes perfect introduction to track, completly fits in track name and general idea. That is what makes track trippy and 'Shamanix'.

Maybe my view on that is wrong, but thats how i see it.

I wish more goa tracks have mystical voices and chantings like this, i remember only one now: Miranda - Le Passage, starts on 26 second. It's so perfect.

You should read more about goa trance. There are plenty stories on internet. Starts on Wikipedia where it says that decoration is associated by many things, but shamanism too. I mean there is no party you can't see tribalistic deco. But not just decoration, goa trance is associated with tribes and tribal music, and there comes shamans.

I am not on Techossomy side, nor yours. Comparing this so called 'vocal' and gayism doesn't make any sense really.

As you know goa doesn't have singings so those short 'vocals' and speeches are MOST welcome. Few words makes you remember some track sometimes... Imagine MWNN - Teleport without that epic speech? Blaaah... it wouldn't be that epic without it.

You don't like speech in Radio S.P.A.C.E. too, man its perfection. It's so unique and so nicely said, with great effects, that speech is verifies track name and tracks story lol. There must be something in track that can associate you with track title... thats the point of story telling. Not just name track and ok, this is about Shamans...

Ohh i wrote to much agaaaaain... and don't get offended, recieve this as advice. After all it's yours to don't like something, just choose words better while explaining something. But before everything, be well informed on whole concept of goa trance. If i don't know you i would think that you are some commercial guy that thinks every electronic music is teHno :mellow:

Total Eclipse - Waiting For A New Life

Shpongle - Divine Moments Of Truth

NDMA - Vitan

X-dream - Psychomachine

Juno Reactor - Masters Of The Universe

Etnica - Trip Tonite

Morphem - Hypnotone

Deedrah - Lepton Head remix

I love most of these artists, just not feeling it where these particular tracks are concerned.

I just listened original Shamanix again...

Technossomy got point, it's not vocal. Well it can be vocal that is gated or croped? Again you have so called talking patches/presets for synths and for VST too, i saw on few VST and they are called something like goblins/gremlins/trolls talk... i used smiliar stuff in some of my tracks. One you have in Gladiator called Goblin i think.

There is nothing gayish in this. If you listen careful it's very tribalistic and it has to be, because of track name. Gayish singing could be Bieber with his voice...

For me, when i listen intro with this chanting i got idea, ok this introduce me to shamanic rituals, this is just beggining, i am expecting tribal and twisted mystical goa sounds now ... i mean that chant makes perfect introduction to track, completly fits in track name and general idea. That is what makes track trippy and 'Shamanix'.

Maybe my view on that is wrong, but thats how i see it.

I wish more goa tracks have mystical voices and chantings like this, i remember only one now: Miranda - Le Passage, starts on 26 second. It's so perfect.

You should read more about goa trance. There are plenty stories on internet. Starts on Wikipedia where it says that decoration is associated by many things, but shamanism too. I mean there is no party you can't see tribalistic deco. But not just decoration, goa trance is associated with tribes and tribal music, and there comes shamans.

I am not on Techossomy side, nor yours. Comparing this so called 'vocal' and gayism doesn't make any sense really.

As you know goa doesn't have singings so those short 'vocals' and speeches are MOST welcome. Few words makes you remember some track sometimes... Imagine MWNN - Teleport without that epic speech? Blaaah... it wouldn't be that epic without it.

You don't like speech in Radio S.P.A.C.E. too, man its perfection. It's so unique and so nicely said, with great effects, that speech is verifies track name and tracks story lol. There must be something in track that can associate you with track title... thats the point of story telling. Not just name track and ok, this is about Shamans...

Ohh i wrote to much agaaaaain... and don't get offended, recieve this as advice. After all it's yours to don't like something, just choose words better while explaining something. But before everything, be well informed on whole concept of goa trance. If i don't know you i would think that you are some commercial guy that thinks every electronic music is teHno :mellow:

glad someone gets it

X-dream - Psychomachine

I love most of these artists, just not feeling it where these particular tracks are concerned.

Listen to this track loud on a good sound system outdoors (or better yet, from X-Dream playing live!) and you would probably change your mind... :)

This is a track your whole body feels, not just your ears and brain...

I love this track even for home listening, but it was truly multi-dimensional when I heard X-Dream play it at a festival!

Deedrah - Lepton Head remix

Hehe strange how taste can differ. For me that is both deedrahs and shaktas best track BY FAR.

although I agree it doesn't really sound like Deedrah stuff so if u like Deedrah I understand. It should be titled Transwave remix instead imo cus it sounds a hellofalot more like Transwave than Deedrah :)

This thread is getting a bit out of hand (or have a some points), just take a chill-pill guys and don't go into the usual troll-fest mode!

a popular track I never liked

Power Source - Goaway

I never liked Power Source that much could never understand the hype.

Wow, I did not think that someone would not find the Deedrah remix impressive. It is so fresh and dreamy, that it is a real story telling masterpeace and one of the best goa trance tracks ever created. Shakta has many great tracks aswell.

Yes Deedrah Lepton Head has always been on my top 15 ever.

^^

The track Granada and Granad Remix by Power source are in my opinion some of the most impressive tracks ever. They are very melanchoic and dark, yet very energetic and dynamic, they represent hypnotic goa trance in my opinion and are the most hypnotic goa trance tracks out there. I don`t know anything similar to that, except Oforia, which probably is the most melanchoic goa trance artist of all.

@radi

I think it is the opposite of hypnotic. Hypnotic for me is something totally different. Astral - techno drome is hypnotic for me. Or X-dream - Zebra... Stuff like that.

:)

Another track I don't like is talking souls - karma 209.

I liked it when I was younger and hadn't heard alot.. But now I think it's pretty boring.

X-dream - Psychomachine

Listen to this track loud on a good sound system outdoors (or better yet, from X-Dream playing live!) and you would probably change your mind... :)

This is a track your whole body feels, not just your ears and brain...

I love this track even for home listening, but it was truly multi-dimensional when I heard X-Dream play it at a festival!

@radi

Also i don't think Oforia is melancholic at all. Melancholic for me is for example much of BPC stuff.

strange :)

It depents what melanchoic is for you. For me melanchoic is sad and dark and Oforia are for sure dark and said in some racks. For example their ambient stuff is really really dark and almost depressive in my opinon, but sounds very good. There was an impressive downbeat song from Oforia that was really impressive.

I was going to make a topic about this, but I might as well just post it here instead. I pretty much think Boris Blenn is nothing special. I think almost all of his output is mediocre at best.

I loved Paradise Connection, so deep and trippy. I liked some of One Love. After that, monotonous drivel. In my opinion, of course. :)

^ you didn't like Stardiver? That's strange it's some of the best monotonous psychedelic trance imo:)

Very nice acid delays and nice trancey basslines.

It is my favorite EU album.

After that he still had some very good full on tracks such as the prayer and peak.

Ofc it is ok to think differently do not mean it in any way. At all. Just friendly discussion no need for anger.

^ you didn't like Stardiver? That's strange it's some of the best monotonous psychedelic trance imo:)

Very nice acid delays and nice trancey basslines.

It is my favorite EU album.

After that he still had some very good full on tracks such as the prayer and peak.

Ofc it is ok to think differently do not mean it in any way. At all. Just friendly discussion no need for anger.

I am not angry at different viewpoints, I welcome good discussion! :)

I listened to Stardiver a few times and was very bored. I might give it another listen sometime soon, mayble I'll like it better. But I have not nor will ever enjoy full on. Even when I was very new to trance and did not know what I liked yet, even then full on didn't appeal to me.

Different strokes, I guess! :D