Classic tracks that you think are nothing special

Manuser

That's the problem with text as your only medium of communication. Text doesn't sound like anything, you lose the tone of voice. And no, this isn't literature.

Oh well. Time to get this derailed thread back on topic, right?

You dont lose the tone of voice. Your own mind adds it.

That is why it is important to write what you mean exactly, so not to be misinterpreted by the readers. Litterature or forum posts, its the same principle.

yep, lets end here

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this shows that you have big difficulty downloading a track in order to check if it is good and later consider to buy it. When someone says check an X-dream track, it is very good and you probably will like it, ofcourse I will try to check it, altough I don`t like X-dream. Maybe that particular track is great, so why not check it out? If you didn`t hae difficulty downloading a track or finding it, if it wouldn`t be a big business to you, you would not say I am forcing you to do so. Because forcing people to do things is usually with difficult and unpleasant things, go and clean the bathroom - you must. But opening a fiile****ing app in 15 seconds and typing in the trackname is nothing that is a big business for you. So either you really don`t know how to get that track and it IS a big business for you, or you deliberatelly started the insulting.

Anyway I am not someone who likes to put things up, if that happened in the past it was not to provoke people but just to share my opinion, for example the talk about Filteria and Ehereal. I really don`t know why I am writting all this and why this thread has to go out of topic only because some members really start insulting.

You don´t like when someone tries to force you? I hate when someone says things like shut up, maybe in English it is not a bad word, but in German and Bulgarian shut up is said during fights.

If someone doesn't share your taste just let it be, 7 billions people in the world can't share the same taste as you, it doesn't mean they are not fan of music, admit it you wish the whole planet could share your love for Radio Space without vocals but it's just not possible, just deal with it :D

Forgot to mention Transwave - Land of freedom, most people seem to be in love with that track, most of the time it bores me :blink:

Doof - Double dragons

arf sounds too cheesy for me, and i like cheesy trance sometimes but this track i can't like it :D

actually i don't think i ever really liked a Doof track... LSD remix and Hyperspaced are fine, the Kode IV track remix too, but nothing really amazing to me.

If someone doesn't share your taste just let it be, 7 billions people in the world can't share the same taste as you, it doesn't mean they are not fan of music, admit it you wish the whole planet could share your love for Radio Space without vocals but it's just not possible, just deal with it :D

but the point was not that he didnt like it, but he just refused to even listen to it. that was the point. had nothing to do about taste IMO.

just clarifying.

Yeah I agree. It's one of the tracks that originally got me into psytrance, but it's really one of his worst tracks. I also prefer The Lone Deranger to Twisted, which I know a lot of people disagree with.

Agree the lone Deranger is far beyond twisted. But that's not cause it is better they are equally good just comes down to what style of Hallucinogen you prefer as they are very different.

Lone Deranger is the easy choice for me.

This thread is all about experience. To listen to The Delta, for instance, in a huge sound system or at home makes the band sound like two distinct acts. One very entrancing and powerful, the other a dry thump-thump that does not shake your body. The so called sub-sonics, or the absence of them at home, can make you change your opinion in minutes.

+1

The classics become classics because people generally agreed with each other about how good certain acts/ tracks were because they were representative of what people came to love about goa trance from the early days but i still dont know what entails a track becoming a classic. What is the objectve criteria ? Doesnt have to fall under a particular pattern of production or is it some unwritten rule. I say this becuase the so called classic acts like Hallucinogen / Pleidians dont move me at all as opposed to less vintage magnum opus acts like Darshan , Psychaos , tandu , indoor which for some could be more classic than what is perceived to be classic today . But in the same breath I would also say - Pleidians doesn't move me at all when i hear it at home but i bet under different circumstances it would be a mind blowing experience.

Its all about the experience like Proycon said

just to clarify, i read somewhere once, simon doesn't like it, and shamanix (original) is his favorite hallucinogen track

that remix has almost no resemblance of the original

So why did he create it then at all? The track sounds very good and has a more trancey atmosphere than the original. The original track is great without doubt, but it is very cheesy and sounds very gay with all the strange male singing, which is very annoying for me. Without the gay singing it would be much better.