Goa Trance artists who do not take drugs.

ollylovesgoa

Of course Cosmosis was doing psychedelics - look at like half his track names..

Also:

1. Caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol are far worse to take regularly than psychedelics. Talk about killing creativity!

2. LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline, and DMT are non-toxic to the body/brain. Rather, they have great transformative powers.

3. There is no single "message" from psychedelics - those people who said they "got the message so hung up the phone" probably still drink caffeine and alcohol - in my opinion the real reason people quit psychedelics is because it continually confronts them with changes they could make in their life, and with their deeper issues, and most people become less comfortable with change as they age.

4. Basically, psychedelics require courage and a questing mind - alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine (and coke, heroin, speed, pills) are easy highs that provide no challenge - that's why most people eventually switch out of psychedelics into the easy drugs.

5. I hope to be dancing to psytrance on psilocybin like I do now when I'm 100 years old :P

You managed to convey in words what I was thinking all the while reading this thread :)

I might want to add that I don't give a shit if an artist takes drugs or not. As long as the music is good.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I never took any drugs in my life, I was never even drunk. Not to say, that it can't be great and life transforming to many. Especially in Israel the people just don't seem to get it, and every time I get very shocked reactions when this comes up. Dunno, people seem to think that I'm the worst shroomhead of them all... Must be the dreadlocks :P

I never took any drugs in my life, I was never even drunk. Not to say, that it can't be great and life transforming to many. Especially in Israel the people just don't seem to get it, and every time I get very shocked reactions when this comes up. Dunno, people seem to think that I'm the worst shroomhead of them all... Must be the dreadlocks :P

Haha, yes, the amount of times they came with strong alcohol, joints or even stronger stuff to me while/before playing... And you explain them: "i don't do all this", gives total hilarity and disbelieve... A pitty... The euphoria/adrenlin running through your vains during a fantastic track is better then all stuff mentioned here :)

I can say having spoken to Psykovsky's wife in the last he had a very negative reaction to lsd early in his life and has never done drugs since.

Just because the music is so crazy & the behavior does not mean drugs are involved, just as I don't believe it's needed to enjoy this music. I find my pleasant time with psychedelic trance has been drugless, whereas the times on drugs have often for me had a negative impact.

I don't believe many producers used drugs for production purposes but I'd say many used them recreationally and this has a definite impact on the music. Some Goa/Psy has no real tripped out edge to it whereas others you can hear the psychedelic edge. Alien Pets by Prana for me is definitely one track that has a defined psychedelic edge that you rarely hear elsewhere.

I find my pleasant time with psychedelic trance has been drugless, whereas the times on drugs have often for me had a negative impact.

I had a theory once that above average intelligent people are more likely to experience negative effects of drugs than those who are of average intelligence. Mind affected with drugs is like a pole on the wind, the taller it is the more shaky it will become. Just a theory tho.....

Hi! I do not want anyone to do anything, but I would like to say something from my experience and I think Music (in general) is always better being high, sorry for those who would feel offended.

amen