One hit wonders of goa

aliendna99

Cydonia - Animals, nothing he did comes close to this absolute stormer of a track, what a bassline and what an incredible melody.

Although Cydonia (as a group) sadly only had one album, In Fear of a Red Planet, which is one of my all-time favorites, they had many other singles. "Screaming Darkness" is an absolute classic, and they had many, many more.

So many of these artists that have been mentioned have several albums and even more single releases.

Do most of you even know the meaning of the term "one hit wonder?" It does not mean you only liked one track of theirs, it means that as an artist, they did not have many releases and only one track of theirs really ever became popular. As an artist, they never became successful, rather only one of their tracks is really known...

If you can name several songs/albums of theirs, they are definitely not a "one-hit wonder"!!!!

Before you reply to this topic, many of you should consult Discogs, and you may be pleasantly surprised!

Synchro - babes on broomsticks

If there is more good Synchro stuff lay it on me

Lots of great Synchro stuff! My favorite album of his is Science Friction (his first, on TIP Records). He sort of combined psytrance with breaks and techno, so it was a different sound at the time, but very funky and bad-ass. But I really like all four of his albums. He did a track "Next Stop Oblivion" (originally released under his different project name Z to A, but remixed on his second album) that was a big hit. It's too bad he hasn't released anything for a long time...

By the way, Rainbow Spirit = Boris Blenn, aka Electric Universe, Galaxy, and a number of other projects. But yes, he only released a couple tracks as Rainbow Spirit...

Rainbow Spirit is impressive, three tracks and all of them are really great, however Sirius shuttle is by far the best Rainbow Spirit track in my opinion at least.

Rainbow Spirit is impressive, three tracks and all of them are really great, however Sirius shuttle is by far the best Rainbow Spirit track in my opinion at least.

You forgot two. :) Sirius Shuttle, Aquarian Spirit, Prana, Wavin Electronic, Smooth Elevator.

Smooth Elevator is the only one I'd call good, not great. It has the typical Electric Universe sound. The other four are on a whole other plane of godliness.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I don't recall Laughing Buddha having any other tracks even half as fantastic as this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95LMcORM5Pc

Love Karma, but imho this is THE best Laughing Buddha track. From 4:16 onwards, pure magic is conjured! But, I'm pretty sure Bilbo Baggins had a hand in this...

Guest antic

I'm not sure people really understand what 'one hit wonder' means. It's an artist that had LITERALLY one very successful & popular track but otherwise hasn't produced anything else that's memorable.

For example:

Spectral Alchemy - Celtic Alchemy

Rhythmystec - Plasmatic

Power Source - Goaway

I'm not sure people really understand what 'one hit wonder' means. It's an artist that had LITERALLY one very successful & popular track but otherwise hasn't produced anything else that's memorable.

For example:

Rhythmystec - Plasmatic

Power Source - Goaway

It's Spectral not Spectral Alchemy

And they are awesome, had a couple other singles, and a real fantastic album called 'Diffuse'

And Rhythmystec is Masaray and Snake Thing. They may not have done much else together, but they both had many hits.

Infected Deedrah would be a one-hit-wonder by this definition, but I don't really think that is what you're searching for.

For example:

Rhythmystec - Plasmatic

Power Source - Goaway

I agree with your definition. Thates why I agree with Laughing Buddha - Karma even if he made a few other decent tracks.

Still in that case, Power source might be a 2 hits wonder, since his track Granada is popular as well and was released in many VA...

• 2 weeks later...

Laughing Buddha is a VETERAN of the scene for more than 20 years! Not a one-hit wonder by any means. He was half of Cosmosis (and Bill Hasley was one half of Laughing Buddha) before they both became solo projects after the first Cosmosis album. He is also half of Fearsome Engine (with Tristan), and they put out an album a few years ago. Since then he has put out two solo albums, including one within the past month or so... He continues to make new music and play at major festivals all over the world, so he does not fit this definition AT ALL!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Yeah I love that track.. both tracks.

And regarding "Tapu", I think parts of it subtly reminds me of this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK49k3OYu8g

For example Tapu @ around 07:06 Electric Shower @ around 03:35. Anyone else can hear the similarity or is it too far-fetched? :)

jeez yea bro , laughing buddha done some outstanding traxx back in the day. Karma , megamorphosis ep , really good. tapu is ok very much in same line as shakta lepton head deedrah rmx <_< sorta oversaturated of that.

this one is really good :) has that sorta weird funny warped acid thing and pretty unique smooth ambience track keeping a good level without the need of going all over the place and going apemad lol , it has its moments. it's in the same megamorphosis ep if you guys wanna grab it.

You forgot two. :) Sirius Shuttle, Aquarian Spirit, Prana, Wavin Electronic, Smooth Elevator.

Smooth Elevator is the only one I'd call good, not great. It has the typical Electric Universe sound. The other four are on a whole other plane of godliness.

yea i got those too. honestly the best tracks are the ones that made it in most compilations . the other tracks are just like <_< ...

Sirius Shuttle , Aquarian Spirit and Prana are best ones to point out.

Raia - Twilled

Who was this guy? And what an AMAZING track

not bad , lots of twisted pandemonium vibe.

this one is ace!