How you percepted the tracks at the beginning

radi6404

So the more goa trance music we know or knew, the less will tracks surprise us, we still love the music, but know a lot of it so we will not flip out as earlier.

When I was much younger tracks appreaed much different to me. I was aware of goa trance and it was my first genre to listen, but I had only a few cds and no internet yet. So I bought a few more cds and was quite blown away by the tracks, I couldn`t believe my ears and thought, what the fuck is that.

Today I would not react like that anymore, but when I was younger I did, and with some tracks I do even now.

Tracks, which I really couldn`t believe are real are People can Fly, Maia, Alcione, LSD and New moon. When I first listened people can fly with the very different sound of it I really couldn`t believe my ears. It sounded much different to what I expected and was so powerful, that I listened to several times a day for at least half a year. Especially the last and most euphoric melody always blow my mind.

New Moon and LSD on the other hand, when I heart them first were different, they put me in a deeply psychedelic state of mind and sounded like very geniune goa trance. They directly put me on some dry mountains with a lot of sun and incredible atmosphere and I also listened to them in a row for half a year. The more psychedelic tracks I got, the less impressed did I get about them, but I still love them and listen to them, they just don`t surprise me as much anymore. So I am wondering if other people who don`t know those tracks react the same to them and get really blown away by them.

Another track that blow my mind a lot much later was Zerotonine - Lunatic. It is such a unique amibeint track and hreally has the right mood to it. It is really hypnotic and til this moment noone could recommend me anything similar to it, it is really a shame, because that track is one of the best ambient tracks I have ever heart.

How did you feel at the beginning about the tracks?

oh man, i know exactly what you mean.

when i was about 13 i heard goatrance for the first time, but i didnt know what it was so to me it sounded magical.

it was mindfield - lets get stoned and watch the freaks. it remains one of my favorites to this day.

i thought it sounded extremely strange but i liked it soo much.

not until about 5 years later or so, i heard goatrance again. but it didnt sound at all like the mindfield track, so i still didnt know it was goatrance.

at that time i called it "rave". many of us did in my country.

the track was Juan Domi Jorg - Spiritual healing remix. At the time it was on tape and NOONE knew what the track was called, it took over 2 years to find out. The tape actually turned out to be an almost full recording of Goa-Head vol 5 CD2.

I had never heard such a thing, and i thought it was the most special and amazing thing i have ever heard..

i listened to it ALLL the time on my Sony Walkman (casette :P)

i showed it to all my friends and spread the tape around like wildfire.

much much much later I realised that it was goatrance and I could find alot more.

other tracks I heard in that time that I didnt know what it was, was for example Gamma Goblins 2 and Cosmosis - Moonshine.

Another track that was on the tape was the magical Quietman - The sleeper (MWNN remix) .

I thought it was extremely special and magical in a different way than the others, because it made me feel like I was part of something much bigger than just the ordinary life around me. None of my friends at that time thought it was anything special about the music, which made ME feel even more special.

Later,

As soon as I learned what goatrance was I started to learn about Astral Projection, MFG and such aritsts. It still didnt sound at all like the other stuff I already heard, because in my mind astral and mfg were much softer and nicer.

but i soon learned it was all called goatrance.

So my experience with goatrance is a very very long and strange journey, and now im 31 and its still the longest and strangest journey i have ever been on - and the most special one too.

I love many types of music but nothing is quite like goatrance.

It did. Yes, at the beginning goa trance is very different to other music. The first tunes blow me away so deeply, because I was unaware about the music. I listened to Westbam and such stuff and then I heart a spirit zone compilation with Electric Universe, S.U.N. project and more and it blow my mind so deeply. I had a feeling like, that is just the music I always wanted to hear.

There is music and there is goa and psychedelic trance. Goa trance is heavily focused on melodies and the melodies represent emotions, other music is not focused on melodies, which is why it sounds quite different to other kinds of music.

yes i always thought goatrance was the music of the mind, the spiritual and the magical.

also some ambient like for example SUN Project - Energia Magicka

I always thought such music was extremely special since you could just sit on bus for example and float off into another dimension for a while, or just sit in your room in the dark or whatever.

Nothing had such power as goa and goa ambient like such.

The sounds are very new and mystical at first, but if you spend some time understanding sound synthesis it all makes a lot more sense. Goa always has those characteristic elements and form, I just listen as the pieces fall into place. Regarding your lack of reaction A) upgrade your speakers! B) drink a fair amount of liquor or smoke some cannabis, listen to your favorites or something new; Problem solved.

Panoptes' Solutions are great, hahahaha. When I first heard goa, I thought it was a really strange genre because of the sounds which were new to me. But I eventually came back to it after couple months. Whenever I hear anything new to me, I love it. It is a whole new journey every single time.

I agree, but most things are like that actually. The first time you encounter something, it's always different from later encounters. With goa/psy, for me, it tends to be due to the layering. On a first listen I'll get a general sense of the emotional impact of the song, and the more I listen to it the more detail starts to come out as I hear more things that were a little masked the first time around.

On the other hand, if I hear a good rock song for the first time, there is very little sonically that I miss the first time, but subsequent listens usually make the emotional impact evolve and become more nuanced to my mind.

meh, to me, good music never loses it's splendor, i can still get lost in the messenger the way i used to do over a decade ago!

on another note, i do believe some music which you don't find so good the first time you listen it, can become special over time, like a nice memory to a moment they play it on a party or something like that ...

meh, to me, good music never loses it's splendor, i can still get lost in the messenger the way i used to do over a decade ago!

on another note, i do believe some music which you don't find so good the first time you listen it, can become special over time, like a nice memory to a moment they play it on a party or something like that ...

my thoughts exactly.

i still marvel in the magic of my most dearest tracks, and can still get very much lost in them, even though ive heard them thousand times before. One good example is Gamma Goblins II which I feel I hear something new in everytime. Its mixed in such a way that different details are audible at different moods/times you hear it :) Magical.

The second thing you said i agree with completely. There are very many tracks I really disliked at first, but grew on me over time into something really special. One example is astrals Amen, which at first I disliked just because I excpected something else. But after a while it really grew on me to the extent I now feel its their best overall album.

ps. The Messenger is one hellofatrack ;)