X-dream, the best of

aliendna99

I'm sure I piss some people off by starting yet another thread of yet another subject that has already been discussed.

But I don't really care about that since comon.. It's a music forum ofc topics are gonna repeat themselves.

Besides psynews isn't the most active forum in the world so I see no harm in these threads.

If you really dislike them don't visit them. Simple.

End of disclaimer

My favorite tracks are.

Zebra

Our own happiness

Radio

Zebra -

It is my favorite hypnotic goa track and i listen to it very often.

It has that perfect mix of hypnotic, repetitiveness, melody, and overall mix.

I simply love it to death and it will always fit into my top ten together with the other legends.

Our own happiness -

Well, this is probably their best track overall. It has everything you could ever ask for. A true masterpiece.

Radio -

At the time only planet ben imho had released such strange psychedelic music so this was quite the surprise.

It is intense, it is very psychedelic, and again it has everything you want.

A masterpiece.

There are many other tracks I love as well, but might get into that later. I'll start with the top three :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-Dream's all tracks are good, with some that are jewels like Thorazin. Radio is considered by many the work that set the pace for the whole scene with a new bassline that was never heard before, and was copied by everybody else afterwards. The only tracks I really don't like are from the last album. Awful vocals and lyrics, the techtrance version of Infected Mushroom. Garbage.

thorazin was released long after goatrance died (at least that is what everyone thought) and is thus part of a time i hate alot.

noone did goa anymore, even the legends like x-dream decided to follow the fullon/experimental/techtrance genre.

bah.

even though i like thorazine very much as pure music, i never ever mention it because it is blasphemy.

:D

Every album they did until Irritant is a masterpiece, subtle, hypnotic, rythmic, truly psychedelic without cheesy ethnic sitars, dark and relentless.

But the best tune they ever did was surely this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9t6N_7Tu8

I once wrote this about it:

"Lost in landscapes of distant streetlights, sparkles of illumination in industrial vistas and the deep purple night's sky. Cold as ice subtle melody, hypnotic x-dream style.. masterpiece."

thorazin was released long after goatrance died (at least that is what everyone thought) and is thus part of a time i hate alot.

noone did goa anymore, even the legends like x-dream decided to follow the fullon/experimental/techtrance genre.

bah.

even though i like thorazine very much as pure music, i never ever mention it because it is blasphemy.

:D

Huh? AFAIK, X-Dream was one of the acts that had techno on one hand and trance on the other from the beginning. They never were pure goa, even when goa was at its peak. So, Thorazin made a lot of sense: it was a techno track with trance, and some goa, elements here and there. But I agree X-Dream derailed into full-on, a little bit, with their last album. I can't avoid but compare their perfomance of female vocals to that awful israeli thing called Melicia.

But I hope they release another album soon, and that girl has become a monk in Tibet in a cave inside another cave where no one can reach her. Let alone let her sing again :wacko:

Huh? AFAIK, X-Dream was one of the acts that had techno on one hand and trance on the other from the beginning. They never were pure goa, even when goa was at its peak. So, Thorazin made a lot of sense: it was a techno track with trance, and some goa, elements here and there. But I agree X-Dream derailed into full-on, a little bit, with their last album. I can't avoid but compare their perfomance of female vocals to that awful israeli thing called Melicia.

But I hope they release another album soon, and that girl has become a monk in Tibet in a cave inside another cave where no one can reach her. Let alone let her sing again :wacko:

Lol!

sorry for speaking out of line, i was just being semi-serious actually :D

also im not sure i even heard their last album.

the last album of them i heard was that very strange album, with alot of robot voice, and android voice. cant remember its name atm and too lazy to look it up right now but it was like in 2005 or so.

that album was really crappy, except some very few techno tunes which sounded quite nice.

I actually like We Interface. Not as much as the earlier psytrance stuff, but I like it for what it is.

I'm mostly just familiar with the Best Of 2-disc release, and from that my favorites are:

Our Own Happiness (303 Edit) - I like this version better than the original, even though the difference is pretty minimal

The 2nd Room

Out Here We're Stoned

The Frog

And aside from that: Life Is... (I like it better than the Koxbox original).

@alien: it seems we're talking about the same trash called "We Interface". The one with the girl who swallowed a toy robot and started singing like a duck with severe flu. :wacko:

Why so much hate?? It is just music.....

I mean, each time you write about this album..... well..... it gets quite nasty.

Personally, I quite like it. It is not "Radio" but is pretty good music. And I find the lyrics quite suitable for this time and age we live in.

Yes it's just music but music means emotional involvement thus it's qquite ok to bash music when you feel they hurt you:)

Just don't bash the artist when there is no need to and you can say what you want about a piece of music or album.

Besides I don't think anyone is dead serious when saying such things and I advice to take such words with a grain of salt.

:)

Why so much hate?? It is just music.....

I mean, each time you write about this album..... well..... it gets quite nasty.

Personally, I quite like it. It is not "Radio" but is pretty good music. And I find the lyrics quite suitable for this time and age we live in.

Eeh? I don't feel hate for "We Interface". If you read carefully, you'll see I feel some disdain mixed with black humour. I love X-Dream and respect them a lot. The girl? She could make a duo with Infected Mushroom, that's where she belongs! Women...,

Eeh? I don't feel hate for "We Interface". If you read carefully, you'll see I feel some disdain mixed with black humour. I love X-Dream and respect them a lot. The girl? She could make a duo with Infected Mushroom, that's where she belongs! Women...,

It was a retoric question. I just find curious that each time this album came to conversation, you also come around to bash Ariel in a way I have not read from you about other albums..... Just curious.....

It was a retoric question. I just find curious that each time this album came to conversation, you also come around to bash Ariel in a way I have not read from you about other albums..... Just curious.....

hmm and this ariel is the android voice on the record? or ? is this a friend of yours?