Heavy toilet cleaner hurts eyes

radi6404

So the toilet cleaner I bought happens to be so heavy that it even hurts my eyes. It is some kind of domestos, but I don`t like it at all. It is bought in Bulgaria and maybe the formulas are different here. But I used it only one time and when I go to the bath my eyes and skin hurt because of the toxic chemicals in the air. I did not know it is that aggressive since even paint does not hurt my eyes, when it is new. Quite unbelievable in my opinion. I will change it for sure but I don`t know if there is something natural to buy. Does anyone know of any natural ways to clean the toilet or do I have to use those damn chemicals? I know this is not the right forum for it but I don`t want to register to a cleaning forum so I will just ask here.

Actually this is not the first time I've heard this question after the statement: ' ...a cleaner hurts eyes'.

In the US there is a growing market for environmentally friendly products, but they usually require going to a different store than a discount super store.

I was realistic man! You can't clean shits with vinegar, you need heavy acid with a bit of distortion :lol:

au contraire. toilet cleaner usually is lye. but with heavy acid and some distortion you can probably neutralize the stuff in the air before it reaches your eyes.

@radi

maybe you're using something ammonia based (which would be unusual, but toilet cleaner vapor hurting the eyes is so too)? get NaOH based drain cleaner instead (which would be the usual kind you get in most parts of the world).