Space tribe favourite tracks

Manuser

Another thread about a famous artist... Not a favourite but i was listening to the track "Solar power" a few minutes ago and I thought it was quality psytrance! More mature than loads of his old tracks...

What tracks from Space tribe are your favourites ?

I don`t think such genera topics are a good idea about all artists. Because now we talk about many oldschool artists and when we want to talk about them again in one or two months people will say that we allready discussed all artists and such topics will become unwanted to some members. Maybe the titles could be a bit more specific, so we can open another similar topic in near future.

I am not a big fan of Spacetribe by the way and only like Geo-Matrix and In the Hands of the Shaman, but there might be more similar tracks.

I don`t think such genera topics are a good idea about all artists. Because now we talk about many oldschool artists and when we want to talk about them again in one or two months people will say that we allready discussed all artists and such topics will become unwanted to some members.

You started at least 3 topics in 2 months about Etnica/Pleiadians, 10 topics about Boris Blenn ...

tchock.gif

I haven't seen any Space tribe topic in the last 6 months at least.

You started at least 3 topics in 2 months about Etnica/Pleiadians, 10 topics about Boris Blenn ...

tchock.gif

I haven't seen any Space tribe topic in the last 6 months at least.

It was a friendly advice, man. I only wrote that to you, because the questin is a bit general, U could ask which are your favourite oldschool space tribe tracks or which are your favourite full on space tribe tracks or wahtever else, but since this question is a bit general, some people will complain when we have another space Tribe topic soon. I will not complain, you can open as many general Space Tribe topics as youwant, but some others might complain.

Yeah if people don't like these threads they don't have to visit them :)

I'm gonna check out more space tribe stuff cus I haven't really given it a chance. He has many albums so might be some unknown gems there :)

Yes that is a good advice, we have to tell anyone who says that, in case we open a second and third space tribe topic next month.

Yep people will probably complain but if they do, let them complain :)

Screw them :P

It's just nice to have active discussions even if the topics has been discussed before

Its nothing too serious it's just a music discussion forum so topics are naturally going to repeat themselves.

I was a lot negative before but you helped me realise radi that it's better to be friendly and positive. So thanks for that lesson:)

It was a friendly advice, man. I only wrote that to you, because the questin is a bit general, U could ask which are your favourite oldschool space tribe tracks or which are your favourite full on space tribe tracks or wahtever else, but since this question is a bit general, some people will complain when we have another space Tribe topic soon. I will not complain, you can open as many general Space Tribe topics as youwant, but some others might complain.

No worries mate :)

He made some nice collabs:

w/ Simon Posford 'In The Hands Of Shaman'

w/ Absolum 'Astral Body Surfing'

w/ Electric Universe 'The Acid Test'

Other than that... I reckon he might be the only artist in the scene, who's been there since day one and has never produced a magnificent track by himself. I reckon his tracks are kinda cookie cutter - even the old school side by that days standard. He basically knows what he's doing, but the sound's never been too original or memorable to my ears.

A general consensus (on Discogs):

Space Tribe ‎– Sonic Mandala 4.11 / 5 (82 ratings)
Space Tribe ‎– The Future's Right Now 4.06 / 5 (85 ratings)
Space Tribe ‎– 2000 O.D. 3.88 / 5 (59 ratings)
Space Tribe ‎– Religious Experience 4.00 / 5 (47 ratings)
Space Tribe ‎– Shapeshifter 3.72 / 5 (49 ratings)
Space Tribe ‎– Heart Beat 3.67 / 5 (46 ratings)
Space Tribe ‎– Time S-T-R-E-T-C-H 3.61 / 5 (26 ratings)
Nuff said, innit? :rolleyes:
To make some positive note thou... he makes killer psyclothes!

Oopie, you are very right about Space Tribe, I have not found very interesting tracks from him aswell. Geo-matrix is an exception, but might be a collab. His collaboartion with Simon Posford is indeet great, In the Hands of the Shaman is a classic in my book, there is a remix of it by the way, which is called Flipout the dolphin, which is even better than the original.

Forgot to mention Nuclear fission chips which is also a collab with Posford.

Other tracks i really dig:

Star travellers

Atomic pow wow

Who's nutty

Out there in the universe

Dimension shift

For some reason i got bored after a while with track You can be anything.

By the way, I agree with Discogs ratings, Sonic Mandala sounds like the best album.

Old Space Tribe had a very distinctive sound. He got into a rut starting with 2000 O.D.; his next three albums were OK but didn't deviate much from the formula he laid down. Everything after Heart Beat has been generic full on, best avoided.

Sonic Mandala is a masterpiece. I didn't appreciate it at all when I first heard it, but now I realize how far from convention it was. Organic, squelchy, grinding and spiralling, with a noisy and typically Australian analog sound. Loads of samples (which wasn't as common back then), and an ever present hint of darkness, in the sounds used, the samples and the way they're employed, and the way that the arrangements kind of... fall in on themselves. It's not AS dark as say, Psyko Disko but definitely on the more alien side of things.

His oldest tracks are quite organic as well, and have a psy-rock vibe without resorting to guitars to do it. You Can Be Shiva, Cacophonix, LSD (unreleased and nothing to do with the Posford tune). There's probably a gold mine of DATs waiting to be unearthed.

There's a home made quality to the early music and artwork that I find quite comfy; again this was lost as the production got better and Olli became more assured as an artist. Ultraviolet Catastrophe and The Future's Right Now are still a bit unconventional but hew closer to uplifting goa/party psytrance; less 'lost it' feeling on those albums. By 2000 O.D. he was paying lip service to psychedelics while writing very safe sounding psytrance.

My suggestion: start with The Future's Right Now, as that's his most accessible and rocking album. Then work back through his catalog. Sonic Mandala is tough stuff, and will take time to assimilate.

Circle of Life is good, nothing else really. Released a lot of filler.

Absolutely, the tracks are fillers, most of them. Only the collabs are great and you can clearly hear the Australian touch with his sound. I don`t like that Australian touch at all.

In the Hands of the Shaman is a classic in my book, there is a remix of it by the way, which is called Flipout the dolphin, which is even better than the original.

No it's not :P

But yeah, most of his best tracks are collabs and it seems like he's been going a steady downhill with his music. I have the first 4 albums; Sonic Mandala is great and among the first goa trance CDs I bought so of course it'll be one of those special albums for me.

Nuclear Fission Chips is great, collab with Avi Algranati :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ECDvI0Tzk