Jaia

aliendna99

Mai Mai and Brainstrom are phenomema; tracks, but nasty angel is my favourite... It has this dirty sexual feeling to it, that's rare in an elecronic track..

Fiction is also an amazing psyprog album, one of the best of it's kind IMHO.

Never hear Ophee.... must check it out.

+2

thanks for sharing anoebis. i wonder why this track isn't more well known and never has been re-released if it's so rare, that even here so many people haven't even heard of it.

Good question, many artists have those hidden gems, but this one is beyond league :) but Shit, now I made one of my secret dj set tracks widely available :P

• 2 weeks later...

No one - and I mean no one - does morning melodies like Jaia! :)

"Mai Mai" is my favorite psytrance song, period, not just my favorite Jaia song. Brings tears to my eyes - so much emotion :)

"Blue Energy" is probably my favorite trance album - for many years that would be the album I would listen to while driving home from a party.

In terms of singles/compilation tracks (off the top of my head - I know I will forget a few of my favorites):

"Brainstorm (live mix)" is amazing

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Exosphere(Late Morning Mix)" - from the excellent "In My Brain" comp. He also did a remix a few years back, but the original (afaik the "morning mix" is the "original" released mix? is a nice uplifting morning track.

"Le Chant Des Sirenes" is an amazing downtempo track

"I would Like to Live"

"Electricity"

"Passengers" (with Silicon Sound)

But really, you can't go wrong with Jaia :) He has a project Even 11, with Silicon Sound, and another downtempo project (but not very active) called Passengers, with Silicon Sound and Blue Planet Corp.

He also makes house music as Kama (he is the Kama of Kama and MacGregor) but I'm not as familiar with that music - the track "Yellow" is nice - almost sounds like it could be a Jaia track...