Badoo

Procyon

Kill facebook you say?

Well personally, I hope thats true because anything that can kill facebook is a good thing.

Although I doubt it is gonna be a dating service.

Im also using it btw, and have gotten a few dates from it.

It is very easy to use and easy to meet people.

But really doubt it is a facebook contender

I think Facebook is close to saturation. Some of my friends aren't using anymore as a way of communication, it's clogged with senseless discussions, ads, things you really don't mind or want to read. That is happening to me too. I am returning to SMS services like iMessages and Whatsapp more and more. And in fact, isn't FB a way of meeting people you know and new ones? I was invited to Badoo ages ago, but I refused to take part in another social network. A friend of mine showed me how it works: it's basically a service where you can find people for dating, but you can also meet your friends a la Facebook. After trying it for some weeks, I see I visit it at least 5 times a day versus 1 once/every two days for Facebook. I also read an article saying that Badoo is the service that is growing faster in a yearly basis, while Facebook is already decreasing.

Of course, as always, this is my opinion and I may be wrong.

Disagree. Badoo exists since year 2006, i don't see any reason why 8 years later it would "kill" Facebook when it didn't manage to do it since year 2006?

Also, both website don't serve the same purposes, Badoo was made for shy people to be able to date ( or have the hope to :lol: ), as Facebook is to keep in touch with family and friends, actually very good when you live thousands of Kms from your hometown. Also useful for insecure people who can write something random and get many "likes" from the "friends", help them to sleep good!

So yeah, it's like saying this new ice cream will kill Coca cola :P

From my experience I'd say it's near pointless to look for dates online. Just go to a random party and you'll have a more valuable picture of the people there within a few minutes than searching for profiles online by some criterias and reading profiles for a few hours. Reading some stats online, even if there's some personal text, cannot be compared to having someone live infront of you when it comes to determining any kind of social compatibility. Chatting people up online, just to see if there are some general shared interest and maybe eventually meet and become friends/whatever is a different story, but for pure dating purposes I really can't recommend the internet.

Might check out badoo eventually since I don't want to use facebook, maybe it's a good alternative after all.

From a personal experience: after 3 weeks I have been contacted by 48 people, 2 women among them, for friendship, serious dating, chatting or sex. Some matched my profile, but I am only chatting for the time being. I think it's been more useful to me than FB. I using our lounge FB page for promotions and it works great, I pay 5 dollars per campaign and it makes us reach 10,000 potential customers. It is great for our business. My personal profile, I am seriously thinking of deleting it. Badoo is doing a great job for my personal life the same way FB is doing for our business.

From a personal experience: after 3 weeks I have been contacted by 48 people, 2 women among them, for friendship, serious dating, chatting or sex. Some matched my profile, but I am only chatting for the time being. I think it's been more useful to me than FB. I using our lounge FB page for promotions and it works great, I pay 5 dollars per campaign and it makes us reach 10,000 potential customers. It is great for our business. My personal profile, I am seriously thinking of deleting it. Badoo is doing a great job for my personal life the same way FB is doing for our business.

Just 2 out of 48 were women? Bro.. :(

Or wait. Maybe you like men :)

I honestly don't know anything about Badoo, but I find social networking more and more pointless. And since I'm not looking for dates either, even more so. Facebook especially. Don't get me wrong, it is a great way to keep contact with your distant relatives and friends, as in my case - having relatives in both Switzerland and Hungary. But it has come to a point where the newsfeed almost entirely contains updates from people who obsessively share every-fucking-thing they do. I've unchecked a handful of people already but cannot be bothered anymore. It ain't helping.

The only thing that keeps me coming back to Facebook these days are the science and gaming pages that I've subscribed to. My own page is slowly becoming a wasteland too, besides the occasional updates. Couldn't care less if Facebook were to be no more.

If I wanted to meet someone, I prefer to do so at parties as someone said earlier.

Just 2 out of 48 were women? Bro.. :(

Or wait. Maybe you like men :)

Ooh! I like women. They're great for cleaning, washing, doing the dishes. :D:D

Seriously, my profile states clearly that I "want friendship, chatting, dating and sex with men". But some women don't care about that. Go figure...

Ooh! I like women. They're great for cleaning, washing, doing the dishes. :D:D

Seriously, my profile states clearly that I "want friendship, chatting, dating and sex with men". But some women don't care about that. Go figure...

In my version of Badoo sex is not an option, only chatting, dating and friendship.

Do you have some sort of X-rated version?

Thats what Im saying though, on my version I got just chat, date and meet friends. No option for sex.

You really surprised me as Ive never seen that before. Maybe you have another x-rated version :P

You don't have the "option" indeed. You have to type what you want in the empty space reserved for you to write things about yourself. Got it?

You don't have the "option" indeed. You have to type what you want in the empty space reserved for you to write things about yourself. Got it?

But you can write anything there. Can very well write you are a unicorn.

Thought you had the option as it sure sounded like it at first since you said "here to date, chat, friendship and sex". Aka 3 options which actually are there + sex directly after in the same sentence. Sounded like you had the 4th option of sex. Which is why I asked. No need to get snappy.

But you can write anything there. Can very well write you are a unicorn.

Thought you had the option as it sure sounded like it at first since you said "here to date, chat, friendship and sex". Aka 3 options which actually are there + sex directly after in the same sentence. Sounded like you had the 4th option of sex. Which is why I asked. No need to get snappy.

Sorry, I never intended to sound snappy. Well, as you said, you can write your preferences there.