03 - Concrete Combination (100 BPM)
04 - Amygdala on diamonds (130 BPM)
05 - Rudra (138 BPM)
06 - Stone Steps (124 BPM)
07 - Karma Never Forgets (102 BPM)
08 - Be Human (120 BPM)
09 - The Same (104 BPM)
10 - Northern Lights (140 BPM)
Wow. That's a big f*cking image. This is Klaus Balzarek with his sophomore album. That is all.

Awake is a nice spiritual opener that sets the table.

Aum has a dirty hip hop groove like I'm about to go put in some work and catch these fools slippin.

FjaIyoj.gif

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...But it's hard to feel like a gangsta with that damn Buddhist chanting. Can we do another run through?

Concrete Combination has a couple of good beats but I found it much less powerful and a little aimless. The percussion was top notch though. Kinda felt like I was high and things were happening around me in which I had zero control.

Amygdala On Diamonds is more hallucinating while sh*t happens around me. Minimal and boring. Maybe if I was high. Unless my reads this in which case you guys are a bunch of drug addicts who need help. Stop trying to corrupt me. Love you honey.

Rudra has more chanting. Sense a theme? Exotic instruments fire away in a mid tempo groove which I suppose would be good for meditating.

Stone Steps is another tribal ambient offering and I wish the album was a lot more of this. It's lush and full of feeling.

Karma Never Forgets -

D3TGjR9.gif

Shoulda used your right foot. Karma never forgets, but I will. And this minimalistic progressive stuff makes it easy.

Be Human- See every track here with a beat.

The Same-

fzwPjY1.gif

Oprah can't believe you described your whole album in a track title.

He finally ends this disappointing album with a hopeful and very positive downtempo piece that sounds very relaxing. Northern Lights sounds like the forest bursting with life after a cleansing thunderstorm.

Meh, I was hoping for more. A lot more. When I first heard Aum I thought he was going to combine hip-hop beats with tribal elements, but that's not what happened. He does dip his toes in a lot of genres (progressive and tribal mainly), but it didn't really stand out to me. It just kinda went. The scope is large however with huge pads and a deeply spiritual feel and I believe he excels in the ambient stuff. It just seemed to have more gravitas than the minimally boring stuff.

Cue sad price is right music.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk

• 7 months later...