A cooling box for summer can work like an air condition

radi6404

I have a cheap cooling box here where you can throw in ice or bottles with eyes and cooling batteries that looki like plates and have frozen liquid inside it. At the beginning it was crap, because it had no isolation and the stuff inside melted emidiatelly. It has a fan that suciks out the air so cold air reaches the room. But this year I isolated it and put in 2 cm of good styropor and the effect is amazing. The styropor isolates the frozen bottles and ice batteries so well, that they contain ice even after 10 - 15 hours, they are not completely frozen anymore but still have ice and are pretty cold. So when I turn that thing on very cold air comes out from the box for hours and it works like an air condition and maybe better, the effect is very good, especially if you thing that the fan inside needs maybe 10 watts per hour while an air codntion might need 500 watt per hour or more. You can build your own cooling box and put in bottles with water and ice batteries in your fridge so they get frozen. With that you are off way better than with a very expensive air condition, that needs lots and lots of energy. You can build a box of 40 cm in size with one or two fans sucking the air out and in, if you get two fans and isolate it with two or more cm of styropor, so you make sure the stuff stays cold a long time and you really get out cold air. you can make ith with PC fans of size 140 mm or more. You just have to look that the box can be opened easily when needed so you change the cooling components. I really like the idea and in a hot country like Bulgaria it is really needed in summer. But make sure that the fans are not very strong if it is isolatred well. It can hurt the eyes if the fans are strong, Maybe you have to filter the grids whenre the air comes out or buy a potentiometer that you put in the cirquit so you can adjust the fans. Only a soft breeze of ice cold air is enough and you can cool your room if you want almost without any energy. If you like building that you can optimize it so the air is not too strong that comes out.

Ofcourse an air condition will be better, the air will come out perfectly and it may cool a bit faster but it will need a lot more energy. There are cooling boxes to buy and you can modulate them or you can build your own with special grids for soft air outcome.

But if it is too much work four you you can get an air condition, there are some that need less energy and are more healthy for the body and eyes.