Artist: Various

Title: Common Cold Remixes EP

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: July, 2013

1. Common Cold (Message To Earth Remix)

2. Common Cold (Screw Loose Remix)

3. Common Cold (Lunar Dawn Remix)

4. Common Cold (Dense Denso Remix)

How is it we don't have a cure for the common cold? I'm really beginning to believe that a conspiracy is afoot.

Male pattern baldness? No problem.

Not so fresh feeling...down there...You bet.

Grandpa needs more wee wee power? Of course.

But somehow the common cold and its Jedi mind tricks have eluded and mystified the most advanced society in the history of civilization. McDonalds can get me to eat a McRib (whatever the hell that thing is), but I can't get rid of the sniffles. Unbelievable.

New goa label Timewarp Records is right back at it with another digital EP release. The Common Cold Remixes are 4 tracks by a few projects giving their take on the Nova Fractal original from his first EP Main Sequence Star. As I've mentioned previously the purpose of a remix is to make something sound different from the original while still holding on to what made it recognizable.

The original was heavily psytrance based so these remixes aren't a quantum leap from where they began. Where other releases were goa trance, all these tracks are more of the psy-gressive variety. Long unwinding melodies with great transitions into and out of the breaks. If you like long tracks and equate that with value then this is for you as you get almost 40 minutes of music. There is some good power to be found and what keeps these from being generic full-on remixes is the level of detail and lack of copy paste structure. Once again the number of remixes doesn't exhaust the listener and they all have their little...whatever that separates them. Pretty good.

Juno Download

Beatport

Mdk