Trance2MoveU

6ysENPm.jpg

Artist: Amygdala

Title: Modus Operandi

Label: Ektoplazm

Date: December, 2012

01 - Yeheuan Filters (73 BPM)
02 - Ridden By The Loa (66 BPM)
03 - The Construct (Oxylerator III) (136 BPM)
04 - Modus Operandi (140 BPM)
05 - Mindsweeper (142 BPM)
06 - Wintermute (140 BPM)
07 - Business End (134 BPM)
08 - Made Up Mind (130 BPM)
09 - MetaMusic (Reified Mix) (132 BPM)
10 - Simstim (65 BPM)
11 - Enlightenment Cut (60 BPM)
12 - ConunDrum (110 BPM)
Wow, where did this come from?
This is Andreas Riemer Christensen (is everyone from Denmark named Christensen?) with his debut full length album and it is a futuristic cyber world with incredible atmosphere. Booming drums, dark effects, and an all around eerie feel with crackling electric energy. The first two tracks are downtempo creepy pieces designed to thrust you into this bleak future. Part Matrix part Frontline Assembly.
Once The Construct appears it's a scorching goa melody that fits right in with the metallic and cyber heavy world of his making. He's got a great skill of heightening the atmosphere when he goes into the breaks which keeps the listener firmly in his storytelling grasp. What he lacks in melodies he more than makes up for in lush effects and layering. And just when you think you have the track figured out he surprises you. My mind was made up on Made Up Mind as a somewhat groovy minimalistic progressive track when he unleashed the melodies that danced in step with the beat. While not "goa" by today's description it certainly contains goa elements that are fairly easy to pick out. I found that the middle of the album strayed a little from the theme originally presented (Business End was a little too happy & bright) this is still an album that is easy to enjoy. The beginning and ending to me are the most vivid and lush parts of the whole shabang and I would love to hear a low bpm release from him. One of the comments on Ektoplazm about this release hits the nail right on the head:
"I can almost see the movie behind the soundtrack"
Bingo. Sci-fi fans rejoice!
Mdk

Thank you very, *very* much for taking your time to write this! I get a deep satisfaction from writing music, but it sprinkles that satisfaction with great pleasure when I hear that people enjoy the product :)

I have five or six tracks sitting ready, for when the schedule of JOOF recordings allows for release - two of them will hopefully be in october. They are definitely not down-tempo, but I don't think I can keep away from that style for long...

Thanks again!

- A

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...