Post when you're drunk

ollylovesgoa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made a point of NOT posting while drunk. I tend to say very stupid things. Even more stupid than usual!

Why not stop drinking instead :lol:

Just kidding mate, there is like at least 50 posts of mine here made while I was khmkhm 'a bit drunk'

*kick from hell*

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm drunk.. So I guess this is as good a place as any to get what's in my head out into the world, because isn't that what you really want to do when you're drunk?!

I am SO super excited right now, the person who probably knows me the best, intuitively from the inside out (and I've never even met him in person), is coming to visit me in less than two weeks!!!!! It's a great story, actually, I think.. So I started listening to electronica in about '95, when I was about 19.. And for many, many, many (read: too many) years, I only listened to whatever this one (other) electronica person in my life gave me. (A sometimes-boyfriend type..) Then I broke from that guy, went off, had life, got married, got back in touch with him, got divorced, moved in with the guy. Around that time (2009ish) he introduced me to Shpongle. And suddenly the latent electronic hunger in me was set loose. When it became clear the guy I was living with didn't understand my need for more, or my natural love for the truly psychedelic persuasion, OR my need to connect on deep levels, I finally branched out on my own and joined the Twisted forums. From those forums, a transient IRC channel began. And it was THERE that I met my soulmate, the true love of my life. (Although he is married, so as we both understand it must not be *this* life that we're truly meant to be together ;) ) Anyway, neither he nor I can deny how deep our connection is, and recently he's begun teaching me Reason 7. He is utterly amazing on his own, but as he puts it, it's not a "need" to collaborate in this life, it's a "want" and a "duty" :D We have finally found ourselves in the time when our meeting is meant to happen, and I am just FLYING, can't wait til he gets here!!!!!!!!!! All cheers to Goa (which is where we connect on the most primal level), and may this meeting be truly as blessed as we feel it to be!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not drunk but realised lately I have to try and control myself when out drinking... Just drink way way to excess and am not the person I usually am. Alcohol = ego inflation for me and that is something I've always tried to be against.. Leads to altercations and hurting those I love.. Ugh. Much rather a nice empathogen any day or in combination.. Seems to be the only way for me to not get in some form of trouble..

Not drunk but realised lately I have to try and control myself when out drinking... Just drink way way to excess and am not the person I usually am. Alcohol = ego inflation for me and that is something I've always tried to be against.. Leads to altercations and hurting those I love.. Ugh. Much rather a nice empathogen any day or in combination.. Seems to be the only way for me to not get in some form of trouble..

Me, too, man -- when it comes to drinking, I don't seem to have a shutoff valve. I don't think my personality really changes (although I do lose some inhibition and allow myself some "questionable" decision making), but the terrible side effect is being basically out of commission the next day, followed by a somewhat deep depression on the second day out. Maybe I should just stick to smoking, there don't seem to be any bad aftereffects there. I actually finally tried "liquid" the other day, too, and BOY was that amazing... A general stocking of the freezer just might be in order there ;)

For the record, though, vodka and soda down the hatch at the moment :P

i would like to open up a bit aswell, but im afraid too many skeletens will see their way through the keys onto your screens :P

also, im not drunk today nor have i been for 4 days now, feels great.i try to maximise sober days now.

for many years it was everyday, 2 liters of wine, but the past years ive really cut down alot.

now it is almost.. ALMost starting to look like 1-2 times a week :D

so good things are happening most definately. my aim of course is to just drink a few times a month.

anyway regarding the topic of the last few posts. Well all I can say is the past years , maybe 5 years or so, I become a totally different person when drunk. its like i have 2-3 personalitys.

either i can get really really emo, and like, just be sad, listening to music and crying a little.

another personality is a really really mean one. I act really bad, which mostly have the effect online because im very alone and spend most of my time at the computer..

the third personality is that of a very friendly, good mood, and very social.

its 100% guarantee that sooner or later in the drunkedness one of these three will take over and i cant really "abort" at that point.

im fully aware of the change and its not some sortf of MPD :P

just different types of drunk.

and if you drink often enough, and big enough amount of alcohol - these drunken states become a part of you over time.

my rant ends with:

the past year or 6 months where i have cut down drastically - i am beginning slowly to return to my REAL self.

and I feel so sick of these other personalitys.

Which gives me fuel to stop drinking altogether, and not allow myself to get that drunk.

Feels like Im really entering a new paradigm of my life.

just this whole rant is extremely wierd because normally, well what has been normal for the past 5 years - i would have Had to have been drunk to post something like this. but now im completely sober and im thinking like my normal self for once and its great!

if you read all this, then hey, thanks for your time :D if not, thats okay :wub: