Green Nuns of the Revolution on MTV

ollylovesgoa

Yeah, MTV played Prana, and other great names back then. It was truly a music channel. Just a note on how bad they're now: MTV Brasil will close doors this Seotember, after 30 years in the country. They keep showing Lady Gaga, Bierber, Black Eyed Peas and the local trash, no wonder they went bankrupt.

I have been familiar with this and several of these videos too..now did MTV in the US play these or elsewhere? I always wondered that. It's weird to think I could of ran into this music when I was 11 ;p

I have been familiar with this and several of these videos too..now did MTV in the US play these or elsewhere? I always wondered that. It's weird to think I could of ran into this music when I was 11 ;p

MTV in the US had an 'electronica' show for a couple of years called AMP, with these and other videos. It had its following, and even spawned a compilation cd or two in its day. Also goa would play as interstitial/commercial music for some shows; I remember hearing Rock Bitch in an ad for Celebrity Deathmatch (!) a long time ago.

AMP would only run at ungodly hours though, so your odds of having seen it are slim, unless you were allowed to stay up til 2AM when you were 11 :)

MTV in the US had an 'electronica' show for a couple of years called AMP, with these and other videos. It had its following, and even spawned a compilation cd or two in its day. Also goa would play as interstitial/commercial music for some shows; I remember hearing Rock Bitch in an ad for Celebrity Deathmatch (!) a long time ago.

AMP would only run at ungodly hours though, so your odds of having seen it are slim, unless you were allowed to stay up til 2AM when you were 11 :)

oh wow! thanks for the info dump! ;p I never watched much MTV in general especially during the days Green Nuns would of been on since I was real young then. I do miss celebrity deathmatch tho haha! forgot all about that.