here we goa again... New tune ready ;)

Oopie

I think it's your best track yet. It reminds me of a more evil version of Salakavala. I love the intro.

I'd like to listen a version with a heavy snare. I think it would give the track an extra punch.

Is this a solo project btw?

I think it's your best track yet. It reminds me of a more evil version of Salakavala. I love the intro.

I'd like to listen a version with a heavy snare. I think it would give the track an extra punch.

Is this a solo project btw?

Thank you. There's a variety of percussion elements, on the climax parts I tried to give it more punch... I might still adjust something. :)

ok but not more.

the kick ruins it for me.

too low and bumbly.

a clickier and more midrange kick would fit more IMO, with the rest of the mix

keep it up though

:mellow:

You might be right about the kick... I'll test the track on a super good PA next week and see how it worx. :)

somehow in my head the kick for this track should be something like MFG - Alternate dimension. :P

of course im not here to dictate on your creative process and its not what im trying to do either.

its not even a suggestion for you.

its just what I hear in my head when I hear your track. Is that kick instead.

somehow in my head the kick for this track should be something like MFG - Alternate dimension. :P

of course im not here to dictate on your creative process and its not what im trying to do either.

its not even a suggestion for you.

its just what I hear in my head when I hear your track. Is that kick instead.

My friend I thank you.

Basically, I have a very low budget studio and hearing the sound dynamics isn't too easy here.

I did this track with headphones and when listening to it from speakers (although my speakers hardly tell any truth) I finally reached the same conclusion as you.

Soon I'll post the track again with what I think is a better kick... :---)

That's an interesting track, maybe too weird for me but it caught my attention for sure! It's well made.

About the kick, yes i think that's the only bad thing in this track, is it deliberate to make it sound weak like that?

Have you tried to make it sound like, for example:Darshan-Anja the kick would be nice like this IMO :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fZNpYUwamOQ&t=110

The rest is nice, good work :)

Thank you friend for the compliment.

First the kick was too loud and now too weak. :D I'll leave it the way it is for now (I've been working on this track for too long...) although you're maybe right.

now it just sounds generic, with that kickdrum.. :(

i was hoping you wanted to opt with a lighter kickdrum, a different one - to fit in with your style.

But you opted to use the most generic 909 kickdrum to date.

not a choice i would have made :(

oh well, to each his own !

now it just sounds generic, with that kickdrum.. :(

i was hoping you wanted to opt with a lighter kickdrum, a different one - to fit in with your style.

But you opted to use the most generic 909 kickdrum to date.

not a choice i would have made :(

oh well, to each his own !

:(

I really wouldn't want any lighter kick than that... will loose the punch.

It sounded surprisingly awesome on big PA and I kinda like 909 sound anyway... ;---)

you can have a light kickdrum sound, and it can still touch the lovely frequencies needed for a kick.

the sound itself doesnt have to be heavy for the frequency to be nice.

If you understand what I mean.

If you like it the way it is now, I dont think you should change it. Good for you! B):rolleyes:

you can have a light kickdrum sound, and it can still touch the lovely frequencies needed for a kick.

the sound itself doesnt have to be heavy for the frequency to be nice.

If you understand what I mean.

If you like it the way it is now, I dont think you should change it. Good for you! B):rolleyes:

Yes I like it and gonna keep it the way it is, and hope some others would enjoy it as well.

The kick's not loud compared to let's say... Miranda. And Miranda kicks ass. B)

Yes I like it and gonna keep it the way it is, and hope some others would enjoy it as well.

The kick's not loud compared to let's say... Miranda. And Miranda kicks ass. B)

I think you dont understand what I mean. I dont mean loud and not loud when i say light.

I mean the kickdrum itself. but whatever :P

thank you so much! means a lot to me. :D

No problem mate! :)

By the way, aliendna99 when he says light, i think he means a kick like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iBQqq0kvnu0&t=71

It could be loud but it would still be "light"... then it's a matter of personal taste of course, personally I like a heavy kick in a track like yours.

By the way, aliendna99 when he says light, i think he means a kick like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iBQqq0kvnu0&t=71

It could be loud but it would still be "light"... then it's a matter of personal taste of course, personally I like a heavy kick in a track like yours.

Yeah I understood he's talking about the tone not volume. It's indeed a matter of personal reference and I prefer a heavy kick as well. :)

for this particular track, i already suggested something like MFG - Alternate dimension.

but of course with a bit heavier EQ

but yeah, youre right i dont mean volume at all

mean the actual kickdrum, both the pitch and tone.