Do you remember your first 3 goa /psy tracks ?

Neurosect

In July 1994 I had a tape with the following amongst: Hallucinogen - LSD, Juno Reactor - Labyrinth, BPC - Midian, Optica - Somniferium, North Central Positronics - The Great Bear !!

Of course didn't know what the style was called then, for me it was all Techno-Trance.

Was 17 then.

Astral Projection - Mahadeva in the year 2000 or 2001.

Soon after I listened to Paul Oakenfold's A Vogage into Trance which had the seminal Hallucinogen - LSD, among many other good tracks.

The first normal trance (non psychedelic) tune I listened to was Robert Miles - Children, and this was before I got exposed to any goa trance.

Astral Projection - Mahadeva

Astral Projection - Kabalah

Miranda - Le Passage

Back in 2004 in local cafe it was burnt on CD together with some serbian commercial crap, i heard them in early hours and i hooked on at same moment ^_^

i remember that those days i wanted to find out more about "goa trance" but only software i knew was Napster

a friend had one of the first internet cafee in town

the only problem was that i couldn't copy them..so i ask him to help me split some mp3's into files for diskettes ,...damn..memories

Do you consider this track goa trance ? Anne Clark - Our darkness (Total eclipse remix), if yes that was probably the 1st one.

I'm sure the following were:

- Astral projection - People can fly, on TV with the video, around 1997

- Astral projection - Mahadeva, on the radio

Also Asia 2001 Strange world, on the radio, took me 15 years to finally find the name of it :)

i have no idea.

the first i remember were a collection of low quality mp3s i got from a friend. basically all the classics, but the ones that made the most impression on me were astral projection - let there be light, dimension 5 - deep space 5d and total eclipse - free lemonade.

hmmm... must've been all infected mushroom I think...

The first one is definitely Cities Of The Future... The other two I don't remember as well but I do know liking Psycho and Where is S? a lot...

Hallucinogen - LSD, a couple Astral Projection tracks (Mahadeva, People Can Fly), and IM - Bust A Move.

Around 2001-2002 I asked some people on an online trance forum (mostly dedicated to Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, etc) for some suggestions on more complex/less repetitive trance and they recommended some progressive and psytrance tracks. I was blown away by goa/psy (particularly Hallucinogen) and instantly fell in love and knew I had to find more of this strange wonderful music. :)

I don't remember the first 3 tracks, but I do remember the first 3 cds:

- VA - The Power of Goatrance: A red 3xCD that I bought in a typical multimedia shop to see what all the fuss was about. The third cd was a reissue of Psygone - Optimistique, but I didn't make it to that one. I thought CD1 and 2 were boring.

- VA - Accidental Occidentalism: a random cd I listened to at a friend's house, didn't like it then

- And of course this one too:

hmmm... must've been all infected mushroom I think...

The first one is definitely Cities Of The Future... The other two I don't remember as well but I do know liking Psycho and Where is S? a lot...

:D

I was 15 at the moment, young and naieve enough to like this sh*t :D

I still think Psycho and Where is S? are some of their best tracks, and pretty good psytrance stuff as well... Cities of the future has indeed degraded to shit in my eyes :P

And then a friend said I should listen to this:

I'd heard some psytrance already, some euphoric Israeli like Vibe Tribe (which I still have a soft spot for even though if I discovered them now I'd probably reel at the sound), and then a mate said I should check out the "older stuff". Karan's torrent took me to these, which I adored and still rank in my favourite tunes:

Hallucinogen - LSD

Boris Blenn - Jeboa-Electrogarden

Blue Planet Corporation - Overbloody Flood