A trance tune is a conversation, isn't it?

Goa Travellers

In every tune, all instruments argue one another, sometimes the agree, they stop talking, and resume argueing. Each instrument has its own personality, some of them have a loud voice, some have a high-pitch voice. Some talk very fast, some express themselves slowly in the background. There are small and little guys. Some of them show up all of the sudden, in the middle of a conversation. A tune is like a conversion between a bunch of instruments. What do you think?

Awesome description.

I always wanted to hear a track where the synths are fighting each other like in a rap duel. A synth/melody plays for a couple of seconds then the other goes on, then the first one again and finally they end up together. Now that I think of it I know track like that.

[media=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lBS-_ap57I]

[/media]

First synth @ 4:55, rival synth @ 5:48, first synth comes back even more furious and they end up together.*

*Best track ever btw

Definitely for example Shpongle to me encapsulates Raja Ram's psychedelic ramblings in the music, especially the first two albums. So psy/goa for sure is a journey but much of the minimal/techno influenced styles to me is just like other electronic music, and a lot of the modern progressive is just absolute trash by anyone's standard sadly.

Not only between instruments.... a little phrase or motiv can also be an entity in a tune. Sometimes is dificult to know if the character is a motiv that uses different tones and registers, or they are different instruments that speak the same sentence out.....

I've always found Trance music to be communication from artist to listener: "Hey, did you realize you can feel this?"

Instruments being the codation of communication, the patterns which we can all perceive.

Whereas many other genres like rock, rnb, hip hop etc are more like: "Hey, check out what I have made!"

(That's why I don't like these genres as much ;))

Yes.. specially with the call/response way of writing music/melodies/harmonies.. It turns into one overall giant question/answer between all tracks in a song. Also this is a nice stoned realisation type thread, if you were of course, but it kind of is anyway. haha. :)