Shpongle - Museum of Consciousness [Twisted, 2013]

Guest antic

• 8 months later...

Good but not great... at the same time, Shpongle has put up SOOO many quality tracks over the years that I guess it's pretty hard to keep the standards. The most notable change from previous albums is that this time, instead of taking you through a World trip (with musical influences ranging from latin to indian) this time they're taking us through a movie trip, for example minute 7:15 from Aquatic Garden uses a sample from Twin Peaks (Laura Palmer's theme to be exact ;) ).

This also sound much more "contained" than older stuff, you don't have that "wild ride" feeling anymore, which kindof makes it boring after a while. 3/5 from me.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like this album. It has so many memorable moments that even without giving it a spin time , I find myself enjoying and when I actually get down to listening it , it puts a smile on my face. :)

(May be because of the good time I had when I saw shpongle when this was released)

And yeah first half is favoured to the rest.

• 2 months later...

Totally got Shpongled on this one.  His style is so recognizable.  The way he draws out melodies as well as the frequent shift in direction is a huge selling point.  Crazy sounds and big beats get me caught up.  As others have said the first part of this album is just stellar and psychedelic as hell.  Which is not to say the 2nd half isn't good, it's just that the bar was pretty high.

I liked the soundtrack sounding Epiphany of Mrs. Kuggla...lots of weight behind it.