Simon Posford live interview on Reddit.

MakkaPakka604

I seriously can't believe anyone seriously thought he'd do h3? Shpongle & YB is where the money is at. Benji is smart and making money, can you blame him after years in a scene like the goa/psy one? Raj sounds like my Dad, who's the same age & has a similar personality in many ways. I just wish the neo goa/psy folk would at least try to be a quarter as original as these guys. I'd rate the last YB over most neo goa/psy.

I think stuff like M Run, Artha, Mindsphere etc is plenty original whilst staying within the boundaries of goa/neogoa.

Younger Brother doesn't really have any boundaries to stick in, and certainly Shpongle doesn't. That's one reason I love them.

Every single user on here has responded relatively negative to the new Shpongle album. Do you really think that inspires an artist to make a new album based on a genre they don't like any more? For a scene that openly supports piracy over legit payment?

American hipsters aren't going to finance a Hallucinogen album. They want Younger Brother & Shpongle which is much more accessible to the average person.

It's very easy to see why there'll never be a H3. It's the same reason why I'm sure Benji is much more keen to work for a massive app company than for a small time label.

I think the money factor has very little to do with it actually..

He simply doesn't like the freaking genre anymore and has been well and truly over it for more than ten years.. Shpongle on the other hand he still enjoys.

And Shpongle more accessible than hallucinogen.. Um.. I guess? Barely.

• 3 months later...

That was 4 months ago? Wow time flies by. I remember I just came back from Mexico, and during my time there I didn't have access to the web. On the day I finally did come back, he did that ama. It was a pretty interesting reading.

Every single user on here has responded relatively negative to the new Shpongle album. Do you really think that inspires an artist to make a new album based on a genre they don't like any more? For a scene that openly supports piracy over legit payment?

American hipsters aren't going to finance a Hallucinogen album. They want Younger Brother & Shpongle which is much more accessible to the average person.

It's very easy to see why there'll never be a H3. It's the same reason why I'm sure Benji is much more keen to work for a massive app company than for a small time label.

I find the new Shpongle album brilliant. It is similar to the first one and has great samples and psychedelia in it. It is a varried album with less world music influuenes that always annoyed me in Shpongle music. The only thing I don`t love with the new album is the mastering but it is not too bad to skip the album.

Half a promise yes! The truth is i don't know if i will do another Hallucinogen album.... I notice with Shpongle that some people's reaction to a new album is "I'm disappointed - it doesn't sound like my favourite earlier album" or "I'm disappointed it sounds too much like earlier albums"... in any case there is so much baggage associated with previous albums that it can weigh you down, so i'm more likely to release under another name... maybe even 'Simon Posford' :)

Hah, I did not hope for any Hallucinogen album anymore but knowing this it shard for me listening the old masterpeaces. I can`t listen to tracks with such quality when I know only two Hallucinogen albums exist. I tam wondering why he doesn`t want to do another album, partly people are faulty because they complain and complain and complain. This is not ok, that is not ok. If people had complained less probably Simon would be doing another hallucinogen album but with these complaints it is unlikely a new album will be released.