Japanese Goa and Psychedelic Trance

GagaISM

Been trying to find info on artists like Ubar Tmar, KURO, Ree. K and Masa and the Japanese Trance scene in general, but there seems to be very little to find on the western webs. Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Ps. Recommendations are welcome as well :ph34r:

EDIT: Pretty interesting thread though it's mostly focused on personal experiences: http://forum.isratrance.com/japanese-trance-scene-info/

Yes, this is a big problem. Some very good parties are made known in Japanese only. There are some forums dedicated to psy and goa in Japan that are entirely in Japanese. Or the other way around: they print flyers in Japanese and in English, but keep it very low profile, you can find them in only one CD store. This is one of the reasons the scene in Japan is still underground somehow: you learn about that wonderful party AFTER.

If you are in Japan, I can tell you some spots where you can get better informed on local parties.

Lived in Fukuoka all of 2006. Was quite friendly with the Rockdenashi crew. Went to lots of amazing dark psy parties. Best was getting mashed up with Greg Mubali & a few weeks late Alien Mental. Nice guys, very positive vibes. Very underground scene, super hot chicas (at least at Rockdenashi gigs). Too bad I wasn't single. Saw Jikooha live, nice guys as well.

Not much to tell, if you're in the know there you're in the know, if not its hard to find info. I DJ'd at a few small gigs. I also ran a monthly hard drum n bass in Fukuoka for the year with a bloke from NZ. It was a fun vinyl only gig. Japan was great. Production gear was cheap IMO so I also had nice setup inc. a lot of vintage synths that I sold before leaving as I needed the cash. Was a good year :)

• 2 weeks later...

All Uni is cool. They had some very fresh ideas, diverging nicely from the streamlined full-on craze of the early 00s without getting stuck in the past either. If only my latest purchase would finally arrive...

Any opinions on KURO's Modulation album?

As a eternal fan of Kuro, I think he left the psychelism aside and went purely techno with Modulation. Quite different from Satisfaction, which is half techno, half trance, IMO. I think this is a consequence of the strong techno scene in Tokyo: it's cool, rich and has lots of clubs having techno nights, not trance anymore. So, Kuro just returned to his roots, he produced techno before venturing into the Goa scene in the 1990s, and all his tracks always have a technoish touch.