Nitzhogoa? Where do u draw the line?

Shpongled247

Agneton is the only Nitzhogoa artist I like and he is a damn friggin good one!

cool :) there are others i like too persistent aura did excel stuff too bro ;) real good vibe and real cool rhythmic patterns :)

album is nice too that concrencence track is pure fire so joyous its unbelievable :) full of cool rocking patterns

recommended

What is a cheesy melody? The more I see this description, the less I understand it. "Cheesy" sounds more and more like an all purpose criticism that basically means "something I don't like". How is a "cheesy melody" qualitatively inferior to other styles? I'm confused.

a cheesy melody is when that super detuned trance lead sound comes in thats real stinking matured molded cheese! :lol: you can find it in lots of greek music they know da shit lol you can find it in old israel recordings too

2:15 bit of cheese not so bad i heard way worse in some old astrix asterix recordings :lol:

a cheesy melody is when that super detuned trance lead sound comes in thats real stinking matured molded cheese! :lol: you can find it in lots of greek music they know da shit lol you can find it in old israel recordings too

2:15 bit of cheese not so bad i heard way worse in some old astrix asterix recordings :lol:

Tsifteteli trance for the win, lol. That's how it used to be called in Greece

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok. So I am fairly late to the picnic on this thread, but I came across the album "Mysteryland" by Zopmanika tonight, and saw it was called Nitzhogoa. It has a track on it that was done with Agneton, whom I see praised in this thread. Ok. So. Here's my problem with this whole 'thing'. After listening to the examples people have posted, I am still, mostly, stumped at the blurry lines between nitzhogoa, neo goa, goa, uplifting, and nitzhonot. Someone posted a "cheese" video of Astral Projection's "Kabbalah" track which was/is always been my favorite older goa track of all time, so now I am very confused. I was hoping to revive this thread to have people post more specific/definitive examples so I can see what the difference is. JBC Akardii is the only artist so far that I have ever heard of being called 'nitzhonot' before and I liked it. thought it sounded like goa, to me, though. So HMMM.. help!

Heh, this is going to get even weirder if this Balkan / Slavic sound popularized by Lunar Dawn, Goasia, etc. catches up. For people from Western Europe, Scandinavia, Americas or Asia they probably sound 'exotic', for me it just sounds like folk music from my region, or - sometimes - a medieval minstrel song. Which is not bad - quite awesome, actually! - but there's very thin line between this being enjoyable and cheese, aka the Nitzhonot territory.

In the end, does it really matter to "draw the line"? For me it's usually not that I dislike certain type or style of music on a principal basis, just specific releases or artists that get on my nerve. In this time & age you can usually listen to stuff before buying, so I try not to bother myself with setting artificial boundaries here or anywhere else.

• Like 2

Someone posted a "cheese" video of Astral Projection's "Kabbalah" track which was/is always been my favorite older goa track of all time, so now I am very confused. So HMMM.. help!

Kabalah was posted there as example of oriental mellos, i think, not as nitzho. It sure isn´t nitzho. ;)

Agneton's list is a pretty good try (if the only one) to categorise the main era of nitzo (uplifting called in Greece) stuff. If anyone is interested for the latest releases there is http://www.digitaldreamsmusic.net/releases.html with free to download stuff (the Hyparxis compilations are descent), as well as https://www.facebook.com/Eutuchia/ and https://www.facebook.com/MusicExperienceRecords .

Enjoy ^_^

The problem with nitzho(not/goa) for me: it is the exact opposite of a "solid" style, by solid I mean something you can listen 20 times and still like it ten years apart. For me nitzhonot/goa is the opposite of that. I tried a few years ago, I enjoyed some of it but it does not stand the test of time. I just got bored of it pretty quickly.

I still recommend Goalien - Psychedelic dilemma especially the title track which is my favourite track ever made in the genre. Agneton sounds spectacular and in your face but I can't stand it anymore. Matter of taste anyway. But I noticed something, every release in the genre get forgotten quickly and I am not surprised about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I will just have to listen to all of it and if I like it, I like it, if not, then I don't and I shouldn't worry about what it is called or why it wasn't called something else.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

ok here u really wanna know what i think???

this is where you draw the line honestly its just childish taking the piss off fucking everything .... fucking sad shit... guy lost it like fuck the sound is just boke and i dont understand ...

look too many fans too much shit you get lost and thats it ur fucked thats why i never went for it. each one for his own but this aint my cup of tea at alll . i like to be informed about things but this i think its just riddikz ridiculous... pfff even taking the piss about god n shit like i seen once on facebook memes n shit ... man i dont find it funny at all

and what age is he? still playin shit with pokamuns?? grow up mate seriously

just watch... pffffffff

there.jpg

whatever baboon

Um.. could anyone else not decipher a single word of that post or is it just me? lol..

I can.

Much like Bruce Lee created the way of the intercepting fist, in which he utilized everything the world had to offer - his post is describing why limit yourself on music, and if you decide to deprive yourself, why word it in such a demeaning way?

I like everything. There are things I don't prefer and of course I avoid those. For a Goa Web site, negative vibes far surpass positive. "Albums you dislike" "Worst goa track" just to name two of the top topics that focus on the negative

If Bruce Lee thought something was negative, he would have never found the positive. People who can achieve a level far beyond average understand the value in searching for beauty in even the most obscure circumstances.

So ultimately he was saying, why bother making a post about drawing the line? I'm sure you can word it differently, but the trend on here is the negative vibes, so much so it could make you miss what an open mind might have enjoyed.

• 2 months later...

Guys, guys!

I'd like to refer to my own little discogs list, where I put a little description of the so-called genre... :)

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Releases-With-NitzhonotUpliftingNitzhogoa-Tracks/20797?page=7

Thank you! I realized going through your list, that the stuff I like is what you're calling Nitzhogoa. The Uplifting and Nitzhonot are things I was either unfamiliar with, or did not prefer. You note that Nitzhogoa isn't a real genre, but I think it should be because there is an obvious difference (to me, now).

• 2 weeks later...

I can.

Much like Bruce Lee created the way of the intercepting fist, in which he utilized everything the world had to offer - his post is describing why limit yourself on music, and if you decide to deprive yourself, why word it in such a demeaning way?

I like everything. There are things I don't prefer and of course I avoid those. For a Goa Web site, negative vibes far surpass positive. "Albums you dislike" "Worst goa track" just to name two of the top topics that focus on the negative

If Bruce Lee thought something was negative, he would have never found the positive. People who can achieve a level far beyond average understand the value in searching for beauty in even the most obscure circumstances.

So ultimately he was saying, why bother making a post about drawing the line? I'm sure you can word it differently, but the trend on here is the negative vibes, so much so it could make you miss what an open mind might have enjoyed.

You must have missed my entire first post?... I mentioned i wondered why it wasn't more popular and that to me it sounds like good full power goa lol.. Nothing negative about it at all. Was just wondering how we as a whole define it, which others have answered in a few ways. Anyways, as you were. :)

You must have missed my entire first post?... I mentioned i wondered why it wasn't more popular and that to me it sounds like good full power goa lol.. Nothing negative about it at all. Was just wondering how we as a whole define it, which others have answered in a few ways. Anyways, as you were. :)

Be like water