Ovnimoon

IronSun

So has anyone checked out the new album trancemutation of the mind? I'm curious becuase I was listening to some samples and it actually sounds really good... I'm totally not familiar with his works, nor the label's other releases. Yet, I also listened to some samples from mysteries of psytrance vol. 3 and was pleasantly surprised. This seems to be good fullon!

Anyone in the know on this? I'd really love to hear some opinions, pro as well as contra. I might order some stuff soon =)

i think he's great, and what got me into the progressive side of psytrance

would recommend you check out all his earlier albums, as they just as good as his new one sounds

don't have any comps from ovnimoon, but the mysteries series does sound good

Good, I ordered his last two albums and the call of goa (which I intended to get anyway). If I like them, I'll buy mysteries of psytrance vol. 3 too.

@Richpa: great track indeed!

I've not got anything from him except a few compilation tracks but am keen to get all the Mysteries Of Psytrance as I've heard positive stuff about them & the covers have a feel to them like the old Tantrance CDs lol.

Exactly! And I think the second part also sports some tracks by Nova Fractal and Trinodia.

I LOVED their stuff, it was the perfect combination between full-on and goa, it was especially surprising since I totally missed out on it when it was released. I'm really looking forward to hearing their new stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwRqPyE9WT4

BTW also check out his work as a DJ for compilations, there are some real gems in there... for example this is how full-on should sound IMO ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxljSNr6V7Y

I took delivery of "Trancemutations Of The Mind" yesterday and after the first play, I like it a lot. :D

I love the rich sounds and quality production. Not so keen on the Euro-trancey, breathy, vocal samples, but they don't ruin it. I must say I prefer it to the last album and that was pretty damn good!

The Mysteries Of Psytrance series is excellent too. The third volume arrived with the Ovnimoon CD, I've only played disc 1 so far, but it sounds as good as Vol.s 1 & 2.

Good music no doubt but he tends to get obsessed with one sample from Karunesh - Punjab (that woman singing ) in his album and im pretty sure ive heard this sample being beaten to death by overuse by so many other artist like this one effect vibrasphere used in one of their albums and everybody started copying it . does any one know which one im talking about ? ;)

but yeah good music .

I just bought Magnetic Portal from a user here. (I got it for seven bucks!!) I have never actually heard of them before, but after giving Ovnimoon a few listens on Youtube I decided to buy the CD from him.

great stuff,again crystal clear sounds,good vibes good melodies and everything,the only bad thing is i think all the tracks sounding a little too much the same.

I often put online PSY radios and very often I found myself enjoying his tracks....

BTW he's playing at S.U.N. festival tomorrow or the day after..... that's a great festival... I would have been there if it wasn't for some very serious business at home

I often put online PSY radios and very often I found myself enjoying his tracks....

BTW he's playing at S.U.N. festival tomorrow or the day after..... that's a great festival... I would have been there if it wasn't for some very serious business at home

i will report back here after dancing to his set there :D

I'm the opposite, I'd usually rather buy artist albums than compilations!

Sensient's new album is awesome though. With that I agree 100%! :)

Has nothing to do with this topic, far from it, but Sensients new album is indeed fucking awesome.

Album is epic. This track is epic - true psychedelic trance sound of 2013!

I agree! This for me then is a very nice evolution. The kick and basslines are progressive and sound very modern but the melodies really have a goan touch to them. Great production value! Some of the vocal samples used on the album border on cheesy though, but I can take it :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ovnimoon - Trancemutation Of The Mind

I love this. Okay I like it a lot. Where is the review thread? It's one of my favorite albums of 2013.

I'm not a big fan of progressive (full on?) trance but this is a strong example of why I'd listen to such music. The release is vibrant, uplifting, engaging. The samples haven't bothered me. Some are quite conscious, relating to higher consciousness and enlightenment without sounding hokey. Well done. That's my take.

Listent to the WHOLE album here in HQ.