How Long can you last?

Shpongled247

On the dancefloor I mean of course! Geeeeze.

Mmm I think at a festival or something when trance plays my most is about 15/16 hours or so without leaving the floor..thats with my nice friends bringing me drinks because they knew i couldn't leave because some favourite ppl of mine were playing in a row.

After that my knees really hurt so I have to sit for a bit back at camp or around the sides in shade somewhere.

Guest D N H

I don't know. I haven't tried this as a test (hmm..it needs a festival not just a party). I reckon around six hours, moving, if the music is good and i'm in shape.

On the dancefloor I mean of course! Geeeeze.

Mmm I think at a festival or something when trance plays my most is about 15/16 hours or so without leaving the floor..

You mean dancing continuously for 15 hours?? :huh: (I hope i can try this someday..)

Mmm yeah continuously. Lost track of time quite easily as it started with some favourite night artists all night then into some favourite morning artists into the afternoon the next day!

Pretty sure my body (and mind) is exhausted for a good while after those type of sessions though! I think u can try it at a festival for sure, long as the music is what you like!

most of the time I dance in bursts of about half an hour, and then move on to the side or go talk to friends or people I know and rinse and repeat. Except when a great act like Dimension 5 or RA is playing, then I dance for 2 hours straight.

most of the time I dance in bursts of about half an hour, and then move on to the side or go talk to friends or people I know and rinse and repeat.

+1

+2

but most of the time, i don't even stay at the floor for more than a few hours. the artists playing music that i like (or music that is ok) is too often interrupted by darkpsy at night or by minimal at day. for me that's time better spent at the chillout, camp, foodstalls or whatever.

my knees dont last long since I was a rough and tumble kid, not nice to my body ;p jumping off anything and every while also bike crashing and what have you. I can easily got 2 hours without stopping but regular moving and grooving.. i did somewhere between 4-6 hours on festival since artists I wanted to see were right after one another. I tried laying down in the wet nighttime grass to sleep but couldnt so i got back up again ;p that experience felt soooo long. I was getting short naps and was completely zombified. little food in my system too. I'd do it again! probably will too in August - woo!

Hm I don't try to break a records when going to a festival. I dance and when Im too much tired I just take a break, and then I dance again when I feel better I start dancing again.

For goa party it's different, since it's only 1 night party, I try to have the best time I can, so I try to dance as much as possible. At Timegate 360, I went to the party at about 21H00-21H30 (9 - 9.30 pm) and I leaved the party the next days at 14H00 (2 pm). So I've been dancing for 16 hour and 30 minutes...With some break of course ! And no hard drug used ! Only Water + cannabis + foods !

When I was still a student I could do 12 hours straight then my knees would ask me to yield.

Between 25-30 it went down to 4 hours or so.

After 30, this is exactly it :)

most of the time I dance in bursts of about half an hour, and then move on to the side or go talk to friends or people I know and rinse and repeat. Except when a great act like Dimension 5 or RA is playing, then I dance for 2 hours straight.

hmm not much of a dancer lately, although I used to love being on the dancefloor, I guess I'm gettin' old :( It's also true that less and less of the music played still does it for me, although last year there was a party with Astral and MWNN and there I was amost all night on the dancefloor, so I guess the music played does have a great influence on my willingness to dans for hours in a row ;)

The thing is... i hate Fullon and the "progressive" does the same for me (breakdowns & buildups) all the time really pisses me off!!! (and the tracks sounds the same to me)

It get´s pretty tiredsome after a set, no way i can get into a trance.

The only thing that work for me is Goatrance, unfortunally here in Sweden there isn´t much of that :(

I could easily dance for hours.... but only goa works for me!!

There haven been times that I have tore my socks from dancing...

I think the most I've danced continuously was at a Prog party in Athens, it was Jaia and Ace Ventura. I remember that it was November and I had to go help my father at the the olive harvest the next day but I was lucky that it started raining. I didn't leave the dance floor for maybe 8-10 hours and no drugs, I only drank 2 bacardis all night.

I have no problem dancing to 2-3 hours sets but its very rare to have 2 great artists back to back to keep the momentum going.

Indoor parties normally go like this (when it's not too hot): From 23h - 09h I'm at the dancefloor, or walking and talking around it. :) So I'm in constant motion for 10 hours. When the music is really really good I'm mostly dancing, sometimes +-3h with short breaks in between.

At an outdoor festival there are times that I'm at the dancefloor from 17h - 12h the day after. Constantly hearing the basses, dancing or at least shaking my head to it. I think my longest trance dance experience must have been 10 - 12 hours. I ended up in a bubble. It felt as if the music came from 360° around me instead of coming out of the speakers and would last for eternity. If I would walk 100 meters away from the dancefloor it would still have sounded just as loud. And I was sober. :)