I'm done with the gifs.

Trance2MoveU

I've been reviewing albums for a long time. I started it because...well I don't know why. I do know this. Before I did the forum was dying. Reviews were boring lines of text in broken English without much appeal and becoming few and far between. So I decided to do some reviews throw some pictures up with mine. Educate as well as entertain. I figured if I could entertain people they would get a chuckle and more people would frequent the forum. You know they would tell their friends and so on.

Maybe that has worked as there have been some others hopping on the review bandwagon. Good ones too. But more likely it has nothing to do with me. I enjoy doing this and I guess I feel it's my way of giving back to the music that has given me such great music. Well, most of the time.

The way I've been doing reviews takes a long time. I'm not the greatest writer to start with, but the gifs take even more time. Gotta find them, make them fit, struggle with hosting...it's a headache that I don't need. So this is me saying that I won't use the pics or gifs in my reviews any longer. I apologize to the people that really liked them and am pretty sure those that didn't don't care anyway. I will still do reviews and requests of course, just without the pics.

Was a thread needed for this? I feel a part of this community and felt like putting it out there.

Mdk

Well I don't mind, your writing has gotten funnier anyway so that'll replace the gifs neccesity :P

But as a suggestion, I'd still say that you should use a picture if you have a joke in mind that really is golden and requires it.

Wow thanks so much for the appreciation everyone! I had no idea the reviews were popular like this.

Huh, I thought there was something like a gif-tube like site, and one just had to copy and paste them. No idea you had to prepare them yourself. But that's ok. You write funny things, I like your acid style. Can do without the gifs.

Oh I find them on the web and don't have to do anything to them except find a site that will host them. Thing is, Photobucket keeps telling me that I'm close to my bandwidth limit. When I hit that, all the images go down until it re-ups each month. So I either have to find a new site that doesn't restrict me like that or find another way to put the images up. Hotlinking isn't an option.

So because it seems like people like the pics, I'll keep doing it if I can find a alternate option where the images won't disappear monthly. Like Penzoline said if it really brings home the joke I will use it.

Thanks so much everyone you made my day.

Mdk

Gonna miss them for sure, but will continue reading your reviews because they can be funny without gifs aswell.

+1

Oh I find them on the web and don't have to do anything to them except find a site that will host them. Thing is, Photobucket keeps telling me that I'm close to my bandwidth limit. When I hit that, all the images go down until it re-ups each month. So I either have to find a new site that doesn't restrict me like that or find another way to put the images up.

Have you tried imgur? That's where I usually upload images, don't have an account there but you don't need one.

Th

+1

Have you tried imgur? That's where I usually upload images, don't have an account there but you don't need one.

Thank you for that link. Used it this morning on a comment for 7even Sister7. Works great!

Oh...and I wasn't kind.

Mdk

I think it's a good thing that you stop using giff.

Why ? In my opinion your review will have a more profesionnal look this way. It's not I don't like gif but there's too much of them in your review.

And by the way, are you going to answer me on the thread of the review of the album "Music revolution" from Atma ?

Good luck for the next, you did so many reviews, I which I will do a lot me too.

thanks for the outstanding work, your reviews are Top Notch, so if I were to do as you do I'd say they are as sweet at this :

qYIn6.gif

Cheers mate!

Tinypic doesn't require registration for uploading images, only you need to solve captcha and paste img link into your review. I'm not sure tho does images stay permanently on their servers.