exotic

Fear of death.   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does death scare you ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I don't think about it.

Sorry for the morbid topic but i sure would like to hear what you guys feel about death.

I for sure am worried about it if not scared but im really curious about whether consciousness continues to exist outside the physical body and what the afterlife is like and where it takes me.

The thing that bothers / worries me the most is losing loved ones due to their death before mine and the pain incase of unnatural death.

nice topic Exotic!

I voted maybe because that depends if I got a few things, messages, out of myself before dieing. Although, I am ok thinking about death. It's a weird coincidence to stumble into this thread now because death has been on my mind lately (in ways, not suicide or anything) - and just yesterday I shared some of those thoughts with a friend in an email. I'll try to get the similar thoughts out here and will update if I missed something.

The person you are now can really show itself to others after you have passed. It's what you left to others especially if they see you as an influence or someone to look up to, admiring traits. Maybe you are the type of person who has touched many people or changed lives simply by living your own, and people seeing that. After you have passed, it will heartbreak those who really love and appreciated you. That moment is then something really beautiful. You left something positive behind within others.

I lost the closest person in my life in 2008. When she was still alive, I still saw her the way I do now. A uniquely special person I knew it would be hard to live without but never thought that day would come. Now I try to better myself or share the same traits we had when with other people. We were very much the same, she was my sidekick soulmate as I like to call it. If only the whole world knew someone like her. It's almost unfair to talk about. A positive person and always happy and easy to get along with. Insta-friend ;p

Death can also bring people together who havent talked or seen each other in a long time. Hopefully those bonds will stay that way instead of it just being a temporary thing at a wake or whatever.

Death can also give the worst feeling in the world. With my same friend, we hadn't seen each other in months which was a big mistake on my part. Something I wish I could have done differently. It was probably 2 weeks before she passed, I told a friend we need to go visit. There shouldn't be regrets on that though. Loving someone very much will usually make you question if death is real. It still does to me. Somewhere in my brain I think I can see this person again but remember that it wasn't a joke when I got the bad news.

There are a few things in my mind, ramblings or secrets you could say, I would like out before my time comes. Just because I guess. To me, it would feel like a waste not sharing and also bring about something very beautiful too. Poetic and sweet.

Life after death? I'd like to think yes. Sometimes thinking not helps. It's a hard sell.

I'd like to see other's input here. 8)

Good topic. Death, to my religion belief, is a stage, not the end. Our loved ones will be there with us, in the afterlife. One thing that is so mind blowing, mind challenging and that brings a new perspective to one's life is to try to understand that THIS life, the now, is not the main act of one's story. That there's more than life.

No, Im not afraid of death. I don't believe in any religion and I do believe that after the death...there's simply nothing. Like when you feel asleep (but not when you dream). Do you guys remember of you sleeping ? Most of time no. I only remember when waking up.

I think that it's the same for the death. Everything stop suddenly and it's all.

Maybe I am wrong, we'll see it then

Something I'd like to add..

Obituaries always feel the same. Same ole high praises and posiive things said for the person who has just passed. These type of feelings should always be shared while we are still alive. Don't keep them for the wake/funeral speeches or obituaries in the paper. We need to grow these feelings to strengthen the bonds we have with one another. Saving them up after someone has passed feels generic just like when you say "have a nice day" or whatever over the phone.

Scares the shit out of me if i am honest.

Thinking of actually dying horrifies me!

imagine knowing its your last moments!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

I hope I go in my sleep

heart attack or choking? yikes!

:(

Its inevitable. Yes I'm scared of it however I find comfort in contemplating it. I also wouldn't mind going in my sleep, seems like the easiest transition.

O, and once you're dead, you are done. Non of that afterlife hocus pocus, I'll leave that to the cowards who can't face and accept their inevitable demise.

I have no idea if I should be afraid of death. Nobody knows what's really going to happen, and I haven't made my mind up on it for me, personally. Facing the loss of everything and everybody including yourself, on the brink of death, should be assumed to be the most devastating experience one can have, but maybe it actually feels much more like salvation? And what's with all those neurotransmitter getting released by the brain then, which are said to get one really high?

In regards to physical pain, I guess most people who ever were seriously injured in an accident can attest that the shock prevents any pain from being felt at that time.

Scares the shit out of me if i am honest.

Thinking of actually dying horrifies me!

imagine knowing its your last moments!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

I hope I go in my sleep

heart attack or choking? yikes!

:(

I don't want to go in my sleep. I kind of want to know that 'this is it' when its happening. and hopefully not I see my death coming from fire, drowning or a bus ;p But to know your body is to give up soon. while conscious in a hospital bed or heart attack. Im curious on that. the thoughts I have before that moments will be all over but what about during? I see beauty in it somehow..kind of like the next quoted post below..

I have no idea if I should be afraid of death. Nobody knows what's really going to happen, and I haven't made my mind up on it for me, personally. Facing the loss of everything and everybody including yourself, on the brink of death, should be assumed to be the most devastating experience one can have, but maybe it actually feels much more like salvation?

yes, I kind of think it would be a salvation almost. Just thinking 'wow, my time is up' powerful right?

I can't wait to go back to the Earth. To become worm food. I deserve it for all those poor worms I've used as bait for fish.

poor poor worms

this is silly but I like it 8)

Death is just another stage of life.

like to believe so myself but where is the proof ? I keep feeling this human condition is the test before we move on to higher form of life without any form of suffering etc but there is nothing yet to substantiate that feeling. the mere thought is just pure speculation IMHO.