So does everyone here dislike Darkpsy?

Ormion

Used to dig it big time.. not so much now. too fast too furious. But give me some dark wtih less bpm and im totally up for it. for eg Hypo Geo anything more than 146 bpm is just too noisy now. If its too fast then im too old already maybe ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should wait for the 2 dark,psy lovers to post but i want to post one of the best tracks ive heard here

play it loud ;)

can some one post some of these south african style tracks. I've been hearing good things about them.

Check this video here.

I'm glad that people here are not so negative about it. About the bpm I agree that it maybe too fast now, but keep in mind that if you follow the music for years you adapt in the higher bpm.

For me there are three bpm ranges in darkpsy/psycore:

140-165: No problem with it

165-175: Only by artists like Furious/Crazy Astronaut, Kashyyyk or the new Kindzadza. They seem to know how to create really fast psytrance that still has a groove.

175 and more: That's a no-no.

BTW here are some recommendations of last years' darkpsy that isn't too fast or hectic.

V/A-Infinity Keepers 2

Darkshire-Path Of Memories

Phobos Azazel-Organistic

Primordial Ooze-Discomedusae

Dragon-Spirals Of Time

Orestis-Recursive Consciousness

Red-Audio Drama

Karash-All In

Ahh come on! I hope you were not serious when posting this, I mean you should know it more than you an Rotwang who digs dark psy around here :angry:

What is not to like?! :P

When it comes to psy-core then I only like a few artists (Kindzadza, Psykovsky ect.) but generally I get tired of listing to it quite fast.

I thought you were more in Forest and not 'regular' Darkpsy. My bad. :P

140-165: No problem with it

165-175: Only by artists like Furious/Crazy Astronaut, Kashyyyk or the new Kindzadza. They seem to know how to create really fast psytrance that still has a groove.

This.

I should wait for the 2 dark,psy lovers to post but i want to post one of the best tracks ive heard here

play it loud ;)

i can say lots and lots...but i'll stay with this:

totally uninteresting music.

Its possible you dont like darkpsy at all and are not open minded about it ? Maybe Rotwang or Ormion can post better tracks .

Its possible you dont like darkpsy at all and are not open minded about it ? Maybe Rotwang or Ormion can post better tracks .

To be honest.. i can understand why find he finds the track boring. It's basically an ongoing bassline with pretty boring drums/percs, some FX shots and a couple of FM sounds modulated with a filter. You need to be into that kind of sound already to like it IHMO.. I know there are a lot of ppl that hear the details on the atmospheres, find modulated filters on FM synths interesting, like the fx or whatever, but you need to like that kind of sound before already - can hardly imagine that goa, fullon or prog freaks will start listening darkpsy after listening to this track.

It's not to downgrade this track.. quality is ok and I'm sure it was quite a lot of work to make such a track, but if you "don't understand" dark-psy this is just plain modulated noise with a bassline.. lost interest after first 32 bars already.

If you compare that to uplifting dark/night psy at about same bpm it is quite a difference, there usually all the fullon guys join you immediately while with the track above they aren't. Misses some structure and definition inside the sound, as known from "normal" sound, and if this is missing, it sounds like plain randomness or chaos to most ppl... until they strart to listen to a lot of dark-psy and start to "understand the sound"

Follow it, no.

Hate it, no.

The artist Darkpsy, yes. He's good. 8) (Have his albums and seen him perform here in little ole upstate, NY - haha!)

from some of the other answers - the really fast BPM - just cant do it. the random glitchy twitchy sounds - cant do that either.

lots of dark psy to me is the same sounds arranged in different patterns. it's easy for an entire dj mix to sound like one long track. these tracks also fail to hook me. If dark psy uses these squishy psy fart, dark acid sounds to create layers and god forbid, a dark melody - then that sh*t is awesome! I find myself liking some dark psy that plays on DI when I'm streamed in.

also - what level of dark are we starting with? I like Penta, some Kindzadza and Parasense, Rawar at times, I have a Simian track on my phone... ;p (thinks other random stuff)

Xenomorph is dope, but has he done anything recently?

To be honest.. i can understand why find he finds the track boring. It's basically an ongoing bassline with pretty boring drums/percs, some FX shots and a couple of FM sounds modulated with a filter. You need to be into that kind of sound already to like it IHMO.. I know there are a lot of ppl that hear the details on the atmospheres, find modulated filters on FM synths interesting, like the fx or whatever, but you need to like that kind of sound before already - can hardly imagine that goa, fullon or prog freaks will start listening darkpsy after listening to this track.

It's not to downgrade this track.. quality is ok and I'm sure it was quite a lot of work to make such a track, but if you "don't understand" dark-psy this is just plain modulated noise with a bassline.. lost interest after first 32 bars already.

If you compare that to uplifting dark/night psy at about same bpm it is quite a difference, there usually all the fullon guys join you immediately while with the track above they aren't. Misses some structure and definition inside the sound, as known from "normal" sound, and if this is missing, it sounds like plain randomness or chaos to most ppl... until they strart to listen to a lot of dark-psy and start to "understand the sound"

Well the youtube quality is bad and doesnt do the track justice . I heard it outdoors and the vibe on the dancefloor was killer. Its possible the DJ was adding some of his own effects which made the experience even better. If you want to dissect tracks then any darkpsy is /can be noise . Like you said you need to be into that sound to appreciate it.

I was into darkpsy especially when Deja Vu vas active, and after the death of Zolod I've lost interest in darkpsy music in general, but sometimes I like to play some older darkpsy releases.

I remember liking dark psy less back when Terminator was around, I would like it more now like I do that song. Then, I remember disliking his one (last?) album. But Deja Vu!! Love their releases! Ketuh has some good compilations (some of my favorites) full of usually twilight psy with some dark thrown in.

I deeply appreciate and respect darkspy. The level of creativity is astonishing and the speed is just so trippy and relentless. With that said I couldn't tell one artist apart from the next and I feel almost no emotional connection to it. It's not rhythmic and is hard to dance to so darkpsy is basically just a cerebral and psychedelic attachment for me.

I'm usually harsh saying the artists need to be more creative which I still find true. As for the dancefloor, I can go mad to this stuff easily! It's more enjoyable to me at a party than at home.

play it loud ;)

ok, so I like all the sounds and effects here. Like I said with my last post, the structure of them doesnt catch me. The sounds here are intense but they lack the punch a lead from Absolum can deliver. If somehow these squishy dark scratches made my ears bleed the same way - ;OOOO (face exploded) ;p

the speed of this one really wants to turn me off but the melody (woa!) finally has a good hook in me. as if created by the devil that sits on Simon's shoulder, while his good angel has done all the music we know ;p

sounds like this:

excuse me guys, don't won't to insult, not to create any controversies.

i can't appreciate this music.

psy music is about layers and textures and atmospheres.

this thing is just bass, kick and modulated noise.

i hate words...let the music speak, of what i call dark psychedelic music...

just to give an example what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0i1XHxDl_I

that falls under dark-psy genre too.. but if I hear such a track on the floor my dance-mode is activated immediately, while on the track above nothing happens *g*

Not to play a tit for tat and without getting into technical details just to make a point this track doesn't do it all for me and i could call it noise ( cant stand the highcosmos use of random effects that ruins everything) but if played at the right time in a party with the right setting it can be awesome . whats music to ones ears is noise to another especially in the case of darkpsy. some can enjoy psycore and to some its double dutch . there can be no debate really about what qualifies as better darkpsy.

Not to play a tit for tat and without getting into technical details just to make a point this track doesn't do it all for me and i could call it noise ( cant stand the highcosmos use of random effects that ruins everything) but if played at the right time in a party with the right setting it can be awesome . whats music to ones ears is noise to another especially in the case of darkpsy. some can enjoy psycore and to some its double dutch . there can be no debate really about what qualifies as better darkpsy.

Hehe, heard same from others too, while those random effects kind of create a new virtual melody inside my head, that sounds a bit different every time listen to the track and make it exceptionally interesting for me.. :D but that's exactly what you write.. everyone has a different taste and experience, e.g. I'm listening to such kind of sounds really a lot (as I'm working on an office it's probably 8 to 9h of psy banging into my head ever day xD) what brings me back to the "understanding the sound" thing.

But anyway.. there is no bad, good or better darkpsy.. just darkpsy one likes or one doesn't =)

excuse me guys, don't won't to insult, not to create any controversies.

i can't appreciate this music.

psy music is about layers and textures and atmospheres.

this thing is just bass, kick and modulated noise.

i hate words...let the music speak, of what i call dark psychedelic music...

Not to sound like an ass, but you can't bash darkpsy as just kick, bass and noise music while posting a Midi Miliz track. Midi Miliz is just kick and bass and I like Midi Miliz.

i posted a certain track from midi miliz!

if this track sounds to you like just bass and kick, then i conclude that there is lots of variation (between listeners), even in the objective perception of musical composition! :P:D

It's not that I dislike Dark psytrance.

I like every genre of psychedelic music, except maybe suomi but it's a very specific genre.

The problem is that I've some difficult in getting in the dark psytrance music. It go too fast and too strong for me to be able to correctly understand every element of the track.

However it doesn't means I dislike Dark psytrance. It's just my least favourite subgenre of the psychedelic genre. I even went to party where only dark psy trance were playing.

Some example of dark psy I like : Mergel.