Hot Food/Sauce/Chilli Addicts?

Shpongled247

So this last 6 months or so I progressively got into hotter and hotter sauces, to the point of drinking sauce from the bottle each day and using a bottle the same day I buy it. I actually am addicted to hot sauce, so my Gf thinks anyway, hah..

Recently have been annihilating a lot of jalapenos as well, but they aren't that hot I just like the flavour and crunch mostly.

Anyway, am I alone in this odd, possibly stomach destroying fascination?

i'm not really into hot sauces (or jalapeños, they have a weird taste and are totally mild), but i love fresh hot chilis. i got about 30 different capsicum plants with everything from bell peppers over various different annum and frutescens cultivars over thai chilis to habaneros (these imho have a nice flavour, much fuller and fruitier than the jalapeños, i'd like them even if they weren't hot). i'd also like to have a bhut jolokia plant, but haven't had any success in finding seeds of plants.

there's just no way to make a nice curry (or one of those countless other asian dishes) without adding some hot friends :)

i have also substituted bell peppers with an equal count of habaneros once, when i had none of the former at home, but i'm not going to repeat that very soon :D

Haha yes I know what u mean.. I am not really into scoville checking or trying to eat the hottest stuff possible. I rather something that I can still taste haha.

Also recently and kind of related I have been on a Bloody Mary kick... The best one I had was when the place had some kind of chilli oil in the back after I asked them to make it hotter. Ouch. :D Good though!

I love hot sauces. My favourite is probably Frank's Red Hot Extra Hot; it goes well with almost anything. Cholula is great too.

The hottest one I've tried is probably Ass Reaper. It's pretty good.

I hate hot stuff. How are you supposed to taste anything when your mouth is on fire?

well, you get a tolerance over time. what used to be fiery hot then only gives you a light prickling on the tounge, so you'll have to add a bit of extra chili to get the full taste again. if you use the right amount it doesn't cover up the taste of the rest of the food.

the bad thing about this is, that this only applies to your mouth. so if you inadvertently rub your eye on the same day you cut up chilies, you are defintely going to regret it.

the thing about not tasting anything only happens when you seriously overdo it, but then it isn't even hot anymore. i do not reccomend.

I love hot sauces.

but drinking from a bottle or using a bottle every day it very excessive!

Hottest I've tried:

Dave's insanity sauce.

Its wrong on so many levels!

Label says use as a hot sauce, or using it to strip varnish off wood!!!

Haha yes I know what u mean.. I am not really into scoville checking or trying to eat the hottest stuff possible. I rather something that I can still taste haha.

Also recently and kind of related I have been on a Bloody Mary kick... The best one I had was when the place had some kind of chilli oil in the back after I asked them to make it hotter. Ouch. :D Good though!

Love bloody mary. The spicier the better. big fan of spicy stuff as well but not so spicy that it sets some bells ringing between my ears. I had that once , not a very pleasasnt experience.

I like some hot food, but I don't really go for sauces. I do like salsa though, and the hottest I go is habanero. There's a brand I get of mango habanero salsa that is really good. They also make a ghost pepper salsa but stuff that hot is more than I want to try.

I like hot foods. the flavor of the sauce has to taste good and ofcoarse, can't be overdone where you just feel the pinching pain all over your mouth. I like the flavor of most habanero pepper sauces. I dont really like how jalepeno's taste anymore. They are just weird for me.

If you can simply enjoy the food without boasting to everyone and their dog how many billion scovilles it contains, it's OK.

true that! it can become a stupid dick comparing competition ;p

I love hot sauces. My favourite is probably Frank's Red Hot Extra Hot; it goes well with almost anything. Cholula is great too.

ew ew ew! Something about Franks and other buffalo sauces just taste so gross for me. Living in NY and Buffalo is 5 or so hours away, my brother visited once and said the place that invented hot wings, didn't have good ones haha!

There is a delicious Chili Garlic Cholula sauce in my fridge now that my brother nabbed from a mexican restaurant. 8)

The only spice I like is black pepper, I love it and put on almost every dish

Amen! I looooove black pepper ;D The smell is just as good. I wish I secreted that scent instead of body odor haha!

I also like hot sauces. My favorite would be Sriracha hot sauce, which has a cult-like following in the US.

7OkcDaC.jpg

Franks Red hot sauce is also great for making Buffalo wings...yum.

good stuff, I've gotten to the point where it doesn't cause me to tear up