Most Psychedelic Dancefloor?

Shpongled247

Not wanting to get into what is or isn't psychedelic, heh.. But what in your experience has been the most psychedelic set you have seen? Or maybe even just weirdest/freakiest..

Recently a Sensient set knocked me off my feet for just how freaking weird and atmospheric it got. Really smart guy at controlling tension in a room and using it to huge effect. But that is minimal psy for u I guess.

Looking forward to Derango at Lost Theory as I think it will probably be my most psychedelic dancefloor experience of all time!

OH MAN, I wish I could see Derango live. He is the very first darkpsy/forest producer I have ever listened to, and I can easily tell his performance will be a trip into another dimension. I have no way of getting out there... It's thousands of miles away from me :C

As for the psytrance scene where I am, I am the one trying to bring psychedelic artwork to the dance floor. I am buying a large white tarp, hanging it on the ceiling, and putting white duck tape on the dance floor with a lot of black lights, then getting two projects and streaming 720p Eectric Sheep fractal animations on the bottom and on the top for people to dance in.

Now I need some glowing palm trees, Huluhoop dancers, and poi everywhere lol. (And $2000 for the setup)

This one is easy to answer for me: Pleiadians on Ozora 2010. Everything was perfect. The music, the deko, the people, the weather, enough space to dance (as opposed to Pleiadians on Ozora 2011, where it was too crowded) and my personal condition. ;)

It felt like dancing in a huuuge cathedral.

Summer Never Ends (swiss) usually has an amazing floor deco.. we call it "mothership" as it looks like a big UFO just landed if look at the floor at night from distance :D and Saturday night with Phobos&Fog, Ajja, Laughing Buddha & co playing on the huge Kling&Freitag line-arrays usually just blows our head.. <3 this festival

DSC00662.jpg

OH MAN, I wish I could see Derango live.

Personally, I hate Derango's music... Because with every other trance track I hear it has made me think "not as good as Derango..." :D

These guys are the kings of psychedelic trance for me, their sound and composition feels so natural and energetic and there's Always a bunch of surprises in every track, especially near the end. Whereas most Forest tracks tend to spiral down near the end (although that also has its psychedelic effect ofcourse). So best live sets I've ever heard must be Derango's.

(Luckily a LOT of other Forest artists are getting very close lately :))

You lucky guys, seeing derango live !! for sure if the setting is good and the mood right ;) derango can teleport you to another dimension :D

for me personally one dj by the name of Audiobrains , french guy , totally rocked the scene way back in 2003 at a far away farm house away from the city. he unleashed some unreleased bombs in his sunrise set, believe you me I havent seen people dancing like that including myself , ever .. oh the good ol days. :rolleyes:

WOW ^ ^ ^ What in the world. One day, one day I will be in the middle of that...

If I might give you a tip for your next vaction trip to Europe.. first 2 weeks of august! *g* Travel to swiss first for summer never ends, it always (ok, up to now) ends at weekend before ozora, so you have couple of days to get some rest and travel about 1000km.. and usually you see a lot of ppl there doing the same, so even finding a lift isn't a be a big deal. So you get two of best festivals around here at once.. just in case that there is a chance that this one day will ever become true :D

Personally, I hate Derango's music... Because with every other trance track I hear it has made me think "not as good as Derango..." :D

These guys are the kings of psychedelic trance for me, their sound and composition feels so natural and energetic and there's Always a bunch of surprises in every track, especially near the end. Whereas most Forest tracks tend to spiral down near the end (although that also has its psychedelic effect ofcourse). So best live sets I've ever heard must be Derango's.

(Luckily a LOT of other Forest artists are getting very close lately :))

I'm so curious to see him for the first time this year on lost theory!

I'm so curious to see him for the first time this year on lost theory!

Also look out for Hallucinogenic Horses (collaboration with other artists) and Purosurpo (one of the two Derango guys) there! ;)

If I might give you a tip for your next vaction trip to Europe.. first 2 weeks of august! *g* Travel to swiss first for summer never ends, it always (ok, up to now) ends at weekend before ozora, so you have couple of days to get some rest and travel about 1000km.. and usually you see a lot of ppl there doing the same, so even finding a lift isn't a be a big deal. So you get two of best festivals around here at once.. just in case that there is a chance that this one day will ever become true :D

Well hey man, I would gladly pay you three oranges, a pineapple, a few quarters for a lift!!! ;)

Or maybe one day I will be paid to fly out there and DJ... (oh if only)

• 3 weeks later...