Tomb raider soundtrack has the goa trance melody ?

darkill

Don't you think that some tomb raider game soundtrack's got some goa trance melody or sounds by moment somehow like goa trance ? I find it just fantastic, it's melody like I just love and as I love to hear in goa and psy trance.

Here are some good example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdu7hOrbnQQ

http://youtu.be/svrAtAGw2Sk?t=1h34m9s

Well I think it's simply because they use a lot of melody that goes well with the theme of the games, and since it's a lot about adventure (Tibet, Egypt, India) it has necessary some connections with the melodies used in goa trance.

Yeah I also noticed it back in the days :) The skidoo chase music in TR2 was perhaps the first one I noticed to have some similarities with goa/psy (I still have the game). The Last Revelation IIRC was full of interesting melodies (although the game itself was straight out irritating at various points...). Also, TR Legend has some rather well known vocals in the Himalaya levels :)

Edit: all in all, the TR games have always had gorgeous music <3

Yeah I also noticed it back in the days :) The skidoo chase music in TR2 was perhaps the first one I noticed to have some similarities with goa/psy (I still have the game). The Last Revelation IIRC was full of interesting melodies (although the game itself was straight out irritating at various points...). Also, TR Legend has some rather well known vocals in the Himalaya levels :)

Edit: all in all, the TR games have always had gorgeous music <3

Eh, I too still got the Tomb raider 2 disc game ! I've also still my PSone ! She's running fine.

I think The last revelation IIRC had a lot of excellent music because most of them were related to Egypt.

Tomb raider Legend had also very nice soundtrack, especially the one with the beautiful voice. However the fact that soundtrack is playing during the whole game instead of appareaing and disappearing like in the old one make it different. Before you may had some sound playing in back during the level, but there were only specific time when you could hear some special soundtrack.

I've hear and seen about every tomb raider game, except the last one, released for next gen console. Have you give it a tryout ? What's your opinion then ?

Im happy to see Im not the alone one loving the tomb raider saga ;).

I've hear and seen about every tomb raider game, except the last one, released for next gen console. Have you give it a tryout ? What's your opinion then ?

I've missed only Angel of Darkness and the newest one. Summer time, no time for computer games. Maybe when winter comes along :)

I've missed only Angel of Darkness and the newest one. Summer time, no time for computer games. Maybe when winter comes along :)

Ehh, reason of why I missed some of them are of course the time. When I started playing those game I wasn't even 9 year old. I was playing with my entire family back then.

Now I don't really have enough time to give for videogame. Some multiplayer game on Fifa 2013 or new FPS game with friend, it's all.

Well Angel of Darkness had also very nice soundtrack !