2. Cosmic Company (Talamasca rmx) - Digicult
3. Day Dreaming
4. Nightmare (Talamasca feat. Lucid Rmx) - XSI
5. Take Control - Talamasca Feat. Mesmerizer
6. Super Hero
7. Winter Tale
8. Fallen Angel
9. Time Simulation (Live version)

"Psychedelic trance originated at the parties on the beaches of goa. The sound is more modern created on the latest electronic equipment."

Someone forgot to tell Cedric. This is blatant false advertising.

And Dacru, what the f*ck were you thinking?

"No Cedric, No! Bad Cedric!"

Once a master of the genre that has now seemed to pass him by, Cedric Dassulle continues his epic freefall into generic full-on and dated music production. This might have sounded great a decade ago, but listening to this album has me questioning whether or not you give a sh*t any longer. Sickeningly sweet melodies abound and it wouldn't surprise me if you slept on a bed of sugar underneath cotton candy blankets.

Do you get paid by the sample? Because the tracks here are bursting with them. Cringeworthy cliches are everywhere as this leas common denominator full on train barrels into what were you thinking town. I'm embarrassed for you Cedric. Please tell me that your 10 year old nephew got into your Cubase and submitted this to the rocket scientists at Dacru. That's the only logical explanation. A countdown? Really, a countdown? This actually happened.

From 10.

He continues to make albums like this and further throws dirt on what he did in the past. The message is obviously not getting through. This is as cheesy and uninspiring as it gets. Cedric, you are this close to becoming a punchline. Stay away from this unless you want tooth decay or diabetes.

P.S. US customers if you pay 15 bucks for this before shipping you should have to turn in your citizenship.

Goastore

Beatspace

Psyshop

Mdk

He's making lots of money hopefully so why stop? It's better than being broke making music for cheap hippies who never pay for it. I have been doing the same since inspect most of the 90's making & dj'ing psy in Australia. Terrible scene the way punters & promoters & labels great the artists. Compared to techno, prog house & even hard style it's no wonder many ppl I know has become so disillusioned with the psy scene & are happily moving in to other areas. Even some of the classic names I know are moving in to the techno/prog scene because they are sick of decades of being shat on by the psy/Goa scene.

I'm only here because I love the music. I will have nothing to do with gigs or labels. It's a big joke this scene. Every other person in the electronica world just laughs at us. I had a good chat with friends from the other good EDM genres, and they just really laugh hard at how sad this scene has become when it had such opportunity late 90's to early '00s to develope into something very special.

• Thanks 1

Being huge fan of early Talamasca releases and sound, i decided to give a chance to his new album entitled 'PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE' just because fancy artwork and tought how might he actually decide to release some proper PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE. Well, I was wrong, this release is a true cancer of nowdays psychedelic music and one of the reasons why people are loosing their interest in this genre overall. Probably, it's something that shouldn't label itself as psychedelic at all, so avoid this release as a plague, it's corny, it's uninspiring and uber-boring. However, if you're interested how it sounds, you can check here: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dac/dac1cd019.html Prepare yourself for megacheesefest.

0/5

You know based on the samples it doesn't sound that bad...for a Trance release. Why name it Psychedelic Trance when it's not? Just name it Trance and everyone is happy. I'm not interested in this happy-fluffy style, but I heard worse things than that to be honest.

It really saddens me though seeing how Lestat has fallen. He used to be my idol 10-13 years ago. He has written some of my all time favourite tracks (including my all time favourite).

• 1 month later...

That's weird because I can't stand full on but I can listen to this album. The bad thing is that nearly every track sound the same but the melodies make this album listenable and even interesting to my ears, tracks like "Super hero", "Day dreaming", "Winter tale" have melodies I like a lot... but well I was one of the few who liked his track "Back to Bach" too ; )

I do agree though, why name this album "Psychedelic trance"?

I loved Bach to Bach.

also loved some of his other fullon stuff. Of course, it pales in comparison to his old stuff, but still.

This album hit me in the face with a shovel, then took a leak on me, then left me in the cold.

Beautiful album cover though, Im sure many people saw it and thought

"TALAMASCA! goa-trancey album cover!! Title is PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE?? omg he recovered from his psychosis I must buy this :wub::wub::wub: "

then went home and ended up in fetal position

Talamasca - Psychedelic Trance is not only unnecessary but it commits the cardinal sin of devaluing the artist's true Psychedelic Trance albums.

The artist could have avoided misrepresentation by simply it "Full On Trance." Is that so difficult?

I'm tired to rationalizing irrational behavior.

For Full On (club friendly dance), it's not bad, nothing groundbreaking. IMO it falls in with just another of the tens of thousands of Full On trance albums. I have nothing left to say.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well stumbled recently over this @ YT and took a listen. Must agree with others here, heard first 3 tracks and skipped to some parts of the others but it´s not that great.

I guess he has humour or is sarcastic with the album name :P

However has a lot´s of views masses seem to like it for some reason.

From the little bit I heard 4/10

• 3 months later...

crazy, how an artist with sooo many great old school tracks sold his soul.

when pleiadians did the same thing i almost wept.

but due to the hard work of draeke he came as an angel of light gettin max and co on the right track again.

at least he cast some divine spell on them since we had tetrahedron, live in athens, and soon 3 albums worth of old skool pleiadians. if it wasnt for draeke that never would have happened. he saved their souls :)

as for electric universe i give him a pass cause he has made som wicked awsome fullon without destroying his legacy.

shame i cant say the same for talamasca - his last decent album was zodiac and most other stuff on va's.

but having the audacity of calling this album Psychedelic Trance is just taking the piss on everyone who adored him back when he was great and REALLY made psychedelic trance.

Halloween, Telepathic Atmospheres, The Hunted Becomes The Hunter, Time Simulation, Why Not (most underrated talamasca track), Psychedelic Knights, Leo,

and thats just some of his album work.

if youre up for a goa stormer; Halloween. Acid climaxes up to here. no, HERE.

i wont bother mentioning his va classics tho like Believe but he was an insanely good artist.

rip

• 1 year later...

It is funny how sometimes perceptions can differ a lot. I read above the word "boring" and "uninspired". For me this is the opposite of boring, cheesy YES, predictable YES, overuse of vocal samples YES, but boring? It is catchy. And I don't think it is uninspired, the guy manages to produce catchy melodies (does not apply to track 4 though). I can imagine how well this kind of sound can work on the dance floor.

I also disagree with something said above about Talamasca building on his past success. I don't think so. If you listen to this album, you quickly realize it will please the mass because it is made for the dancefloor and has the ingredients that please the mass, but it is superior and more effective than most full on, and more inspired melodic wise. I don't think an album like Zodiac would reach as many people, and that is because it sounds more underground. If Talamasca gets a lot of bookings, I think it is because he found a good recipe that pleases a lot of people, tracks like Sinai, Jungle Storm have nothing to do with it IMO.

Like it or hate it, but listen to "Super hero" and you will quickly understand why Talamasca's sound is liked by many.

The album's title is hilarious, it is club trance we can all agree on that.

It is funny how sometimes perceptions can differ a lot. I read above the word "boring" and "uninspired". For me this is the opposite of boring, cheesy YES, predictable YES, overuse of vocal samples YES, but boring? It is catchy. And I don't think it is uninspired, the guy manages to produce catchy melodies (does not apply to track 4 though). I can imagine how well this kind of sound can work on the dance floor.

I also disagree with something said above about Talamasca building on his past success. I don't think so. If you listen to this album, you quickly realize it will please the mass because it is made for the dancefloor and has the ingredients that please the mass, but it is superior and more effective than most full on, and more inspired melodic wise. I don't think an album like Zodiac would reach as many people, and that is because it sounds more underground. If Talamasca gets a lot of bookings, I think it is because he found a good recipe that pleases a lot of people, tracks like Sinai, Jungle Storm have nothing to do with it IMO.

Like it or hate it, but listen to "Super hero" and you will quickly understand why Talamasca's sound is liked by many.

The album's title is hilarious, it is club trance we can all agree on that.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I really love how it's named Psychedelic Trance.

It's so far from it that it's not even funny.

Quote of the day. We have a winner :D

Not everything on Dacru is bad :)

True. They are one of the few labels releasing some good full on these days.

Too bad this isn't the one. Well, like stated here before: it is actually more normal trance, especially when one listens to the melodies and arrangements.

• 3 years later...

Now this is interesting I wrote about this already in 2015... I was intrigued by the "History Of Goa" album, if we find here also these funny "future ducks of london" moments. I just listen to this album - it might be a sign that I had forgotten it totally - and must say this one is less funny.

Whow, these cheesy speech samples are way too loud in the mix...but I kind of dig the melodies. Here is the main problem psytrance should grip you also with some harshness, darkness or unexpected moments, there is none of this here. However if we call it melodic trance / or instrumental rave in these genres it would be a good album. For latest at Track 3 I lost my patience and want to skip to the next parts of the record, to find something that screams attention.  Than I am in the middle of Track 4 and more samples... buuut I stand at my rating above 4/10 or even 5. I mean there are melodies abound and it is not some random noise thrown together over the kick&basslines - like I hear in much newer "psytrance". I am now at 36Min - and now it is really getting boring - so I think some single tracks would work, but an album of the same .. naahh Edit, I really like "Super Hero" (1 Min shorter would be better tho) and "Winter Tale" is neat too.