Jim Appleton - Close Encounters

Jim Appleton

Greets all,

I've just posted up a couple of 90's Goa mixes. Quite acidic and uplifting. Hope you enjoy.

Completion of tracklist to follow:

https://soundcloud.com/jimappleton/close-encounters

'Close Encounters'

1. Manmademan - Athalon

2. The Infinity Project - Hyperspaced (Doof Remix)

3. Nervasystem - Decoder

4. Transwave - Rezwalker (Black Thunder mIx)

5. Rhythmystec -Plasmatic

6. Green Nuns Of The Revolution- Thunder Thighs

7. Black Sun - Ligea

8. Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Octofunk

9. Elysium - Trancelestial Psychobabas

10. Sheyba - Into The Fourth Dimension

11. Prana - Alien Pets

Great! Really looking forward to hear this... Downloading as we speak. You're Jim'll mixit, right? I always enjoy your sets very much :D

Great! Really looking forward to hear this... Downloading as we speak. You're Jim'll mixit, right? I always enjoy your sets very much :D

Thank you IronSun, hope you enjoy it, yes I was under that name but now I'm just being me ;-)

Yes, I listened to it when you posted it on Goat Ranch's FB page. Great mix man, keep it up!

I recognize many tracks, but can't seem to remember the names, which is buggin' the hell out of me, so could you provide a tracklist as well? Thank you! :)

Cheers Paradox.

I'll get onto it. I always kick myself for not writing the tracks down as I did it, so now I must do the search ;-) It will settle my own mind too :lol:

Did you stop using the old name because of the whole Savile unpleasantness?

Yes, most definitely hehe. It was a name I had for years and really was wearing thin for me, especially with the association. It didn't matter years ago, it was just a catchy name. Events in my life have now led me to just use my own name. :lol:

The whole Saville thing has been a big joke amongst my friends and myself, I've had to laugh and move on lol :D

yeah saw that, will download soon :) My decks are very much like your old ones.the slightest touch will send it off beat.thay seem to get faster as well,don't know if that anything to do with the belt. just started back on them,my last time was the mix for goat ranch.

Yes it may be the belt is perished if the deck is really quite old, but more than likely, if its dirty the belt will slip and slow then speed up when it grips, so give the belt a clean, and the pully it loops around, and then the actual deck platter, remove (and replace platter very carefully), and clean around the edge where the belt runs. Maybe use an alcohol cleaner for that.

Lubrication of the spindle bearing and belt pulley....... these get dry over time (there are appropriate oils to use), then if no joy - it may be other working mechanisms that mean taking the deck apart slightly to get inside.

Great to know you're getting to them again, have you been mixing CD or just not at all recently? Are you still buying the old Goa ? :-)

Thanks for that advice,will open it up and have a look,to be honest though they have always played pretty fast, i reckon it is a equivalent to a pitch at 40 fast on cdjs,say a track like four carry nuts - lucy is 144 bpm on cdjs on my decks it plays around 148.I'm about to mix a set i just finished putting together,see how that goes,once that's done i will have a look, i have had them since 2004. i do find though that its easier to build the tempo with vinyl, Yeah im always mixing Cd's,Oldschool is king no other sound like it in my view,Can't be beaten :)always on the look out for the rarer stuff :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that advice,will open it up and have a look,to be honest though they have always played pretty fast, i reckon it is a equivalent to a pitch at 40 fast on cdjs,say a track like four carry nuts - lucy is 144 bpm on cdjs on my decks it plays around 148.I'm about to mix a set i just finished putting together,see how that goes,once that's done i will have a look, i have had them since 2004. i do find though that its easier to build the tempo with vinyl, Yeah im always mixing Cd's,Oldschool is king no other sound like it in my view,Can't be beaten :) always on the look out for the rarer stuff :D

Yes, me too, still always on the look out for gems. ;) Glad to know all going well, and good luck sorting the decks out. :) I look forward to your new mix .

Yees! Pure bliss! Many thanks for providing the tracklist as well, Jim!

I often have a bad case of getting words/names stuck on the tip of my tongue regarding track names so I really like when I know exactly what I'm listening to, or rather being able to know exactly what I listen to if I want to know!

Keep the old school vibe alive Mr. Appleton! Cheers! :)

Cheers Paradox, thanks for listening in. I'm still stuck on that last track...must have been a CD I just randomly grabbed, I've gone through loads trying to find it but still no luck yet lol, that will teach me to make notes as I go along .. :D