How happy are you?

Ormion

30 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel quite good these days. I've suffered from pretty severe depression for most of my adult life; had a fair bit of therapy and medication that helped me cope but didn't solve the problem. Then two years ago I found a church I like and started going regularly, and since then I've been much better. I voted 7.

I used to be quite happy before. I'd say a 7 or an 8. Nowadays, it's pending between 3 and 5. Currently unemployed after having finished my vocational education in June and I'm stuck in this fucking depressing and ugly hellhole.

I voted 6. I was much lower than that a lot of my "so far adult" life in the 20's years (27 now) - but this year I feel in the middle so far with fun plans I will be having in the summer. Traveling to festivals and finally meeting long-time internet friends and psyaddicts. Doing nothing inbetween really gets me down. Im the outdoors guy with nothing to do and working nights doesnt help. but yeah, this thread is sad. GROUP HUG PEOPLE! (commences hugging)

I say I am a happy man. I'd give my life a 10. Perhaps not according to some. But we may have different points of view, I am happy because I value the things I have - I am healthy, I can eat everyday, I have a place to live, I have friends and family, I have someone who takes care of me, I have two dogs who adore me. And I believe in God, this alone is a endless source of comfort and happiness. And when I start feeling I am not that happy, God shows me that I am indeed. Just like this last Saturday, when an old, fragile man came to my door, asking for food and water. After I helped him, it made me think of how many other people like him is out there, suffering a true pain. I am blessed.

And i'm deeply disturbed
And i'm deeply unhappy
And i'm deeply disturbed
And i'm deeply unhappy

Nah kidding, if I had to rate my overall happiness than probably i would be something between 6 and 8 and it depends on real-life situations :)

And i'm deeply disturbed

And i'm deeply unhappy

And i'm deeply disturbed

And i'm deeply unhappy

Nah kidding, if I had to rate my overall happiness than probably i would be something between 6 and 8 and it depends on real-life situations :)

and how deeply disturbed or unhappy you are at the time!

I voted 5. It's quite in the middle on long-term average.

Back in earlier days I'd have voted 6 or even 7, but nowadays I'd rather say 4 or even 3 ... so I think, 5 is a quite solid average.

I hope it will not go below in the future though.

Although I did a psychological test maybe a year ago ... and there they said to me that the "satisfaction with life" (happiness being a part of that) that I have is really low (such as maybe 1 out of 10) ... they were slightly worried about me. I don't know. Maybe it was just stupidly chosen questions, I don't perceive myself being that unhappy. Or maybe it's really that bad and I just don't realize.

I like my life, so an 8 is in order I guess =)

Then again, what is happiness? It's such an abstract concept really with soooo many factors all more or less depending on eachother.

I like this thread :) Good topic, Ormion! I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses :) About 6 months ago, I was a 10 :D:D Life was amazing. Everything felt blessed. (And it was.) I've since lost a little of the grace I felt, I credit it to letting people into my life mostly. Not that they are bad people, or that the premise itself is bad -- it was time to let people in, and most of life comes with stress :) So I'd have emotionally called it a 7, although with rational examination it was really probably more like an 8 or perhaps even 9. Just today, I am dealing with the prospect that I have cervical cancer. But it's early in the game, and I could probably easily not. Nevertheless, the prospect has my head in a weird place... So I'd say, just at the moment, I'm at.... 6+1/2??

(edit: I went 7, by the way)

(edit) Overall I'd have to say a 5. Sad, isn't it? Considering I found 10 not too long ago?

I will hopefully get more information tomorrow. And hopefully it will just turn out to be nothing, anyway, that seems to be what usually happens in situations like these :) It just got me thinking, if I was given a grim outlook, what would I want to do with my life/health.. Really just gotta think positively, though :D Thanks for your kind words!! I do love the psy community, so filled with great people!