• Trust In Trance
    • Dancing Galaxy
    • The Mix
    • Another World
    • In The Mix
    • Unmixed
    • Amen
    • Ten

I'm sure there's been a poll like this many times and more, but times change and so does tastes. I'm personally among the few that believe Astral peaked rather late with Another World. It all just seemed to come together on that fourth opus. Opinions?

A-12458-1253291830.jpeg

I voted Another World, then would be Trust in trance then Dancing Galaxy..

That's pretty much what my list looks like as well. There's just something about Another World... Both in the melodies and the overall mix. It's a very balanced album.

Now here's a question for the Astral Projection nerds. What was AP's "main label" back in the 90's? I realize all of their albums got licensed from Phonokol, but the artwork/prints of the Transient pressings tend to be of a higher quality. That leads me to think that Transient might've been taking care of putting the releases together with artwork and so on...

Trust in trance is full of classics. No filler, no cheese, no nothing except brilliance. The others have their ups and downs, but nothing else is as solid as trust in trance's insanely amazing selection of classical goa.

Now here's a question for the Astral Projection nerds. What was AP's "main label" back in the 90's? I realize all of their albums got licensed from Phonokol, but the artwork/prints of the Transient pressings tend to be of a higher quality. That leads me to think that Transient might've been taking care of putting the releases together with artwork and so on...

Phonokol was. IIRC Transient just did the disrtibution in certain areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Trust in trance is full of classics. No filler, no cheese, no nothing except brilliance. The others have their ups and downs, but nothing else is as solid as trust in trance's insanely amazing selection of classical goa.

Agreed! :)

I also have a problem with the softer sounds/tracks of AP that shines more through in the later albums, I can't help feeling that they are pretty cheesy, so I would any-day place The Astral Files after Trust In Trance...