Early Infected Mushroom

GagaISM

Infected Mushroom  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still listen to The Gathering and Classical Mushroom?

• Yay
    • Nay

Maybe they aren't gods anymore, but they were gods. The parts with voice are not really my cup of tea, but the melodies they created are the most complex melodies together with simon posford that exist in psychedelic electronica in my opinion. Just listen Shakawkaw, what a melody, really complex melody work, they are true musicians and know what tehy are doing for sure. They are just very crazy, taht is all, but the music is extremly intelligent.

I do agree with radi on this point. Their melodies are very nice but also often too very complex, shakawkaw is a great example. But in the whole "The other side" of convertings vegetarians there's a lot of beautiful melodies. That what I love in IM.

I also liked Returns of the Shadows from The gathering, very nice track, sounding melodic at end ! I like too heavyweight, wonderful one.

Guest D N H

The first album along with tracks from that era were great. The 2nd one didn't catch my attention much. Afterwards, few tracks grabbed my attention here and there.

Still The Gathering is great.

To answer the poll question - nay.

Why? (Nay-why :lol: )

Well, IM were good at first, as my very first introduction into psytrance, they had this sound that took the most distinct sounds and techniques of psy/goa trance and used-abused them, thus making it very attractive for someone, who wanted to be overloaded with defined weirdness-techniques of goa trance, but with time this overload wears off and you start to notice the real gems in psytrance.

There, Id say that IM took the very best, distinctive parts of psytrance(cliche of psytrance?) and made their name with that, I would call it easy-to-digest pop music from realms of real psytrance, at least their first ones were...

...or, at least those tracks that I enjoyed listening to at first, you know, they still sound good, but, IMO, lack the spirit and spirituality(ooops!) and psychedelia/cosmis psychedelia that real psytrance and goa have!

Thus, I never gave them second chance once I discovered other artists with more deeper sounds.

No denying that their first 2 or 3 albums are classics in the genre - especially the first 2 - It took me awhile to warm up to The Gathering but man, what an album! Psycho and Virtual Voyage are killer on there too..

I love the experiemental disc/disc2 on "Converting Vegetarians" also - that disc is way underrated..

I can't agree totally with Regar above either - I feel some of what you're saying, but I don't agree with the analysis - at the end of the day, Infected Mushroom created two albums that you would never mistake for anything else - their sound is totally unique to them - something I can't say for a lot of the old-school goa artists like Etnica, Dimension 5, Chi-Ad, etc.

Thus, I never gave them second chance once I discovered other artists with more deeper sounds.

Which are? There is some deeper stuff out there but not a lot, take the singing away and most of their tracks are just psychedelic symphonies, melodic work that wont be created by by many oldschoolers and none of the newschoolers.

I can't agree totally with Regar above either - I feel some of what you're saying, but I don't agree with the analysis - at the end of the day, Infected Mushroom created two albums that you would never mistake for anything else - 1)their sound is totally unique to them - 2)something I can't say for a lot of the old-school goa artists like Etnica, Dimension 5, Chi-Ad, etc.

1)Im not saying that you couldnt recognise their sound, you could, more so than others, but theres the whole point - they picked the most distinct psytrance elements and made tracks full of cliche, at least thats how it sounded to me back then.

2)Hmm, quite the opposite, you could tell the difference between oldschoolers even if you heard the track for the first time, there were audible/sensible differences, you could never guess 100%, but that depends on how well you knew thos artists, their music ;)

As I mentioned, IM had lots of positive cliches of psytrance used and abused in their tracks thus making them attractive for the pedal-to-the-metal newcommers who were thirsty for some psytrance beats :).

they picked the most distinct psytrance elements and made tracks full of cliche

Huh?

If anything IM were great because they didn't have any of the usual cliches. Their sound was something completelly unique back then, completelly different than Goa and old school Psy.

Infected Mushroom's new music, be it Bad or Good, has more details and "sublimity" (ok maybe in some sense I am wrong here) in each sound, layer, emotion, melody, whatever then the star system you arrived from. Nuff' said.
They (Erez) are awesome in production and I love the many many voice sample fucks that comes out of Duvdev's vocal. true. I mean it. ASs long as he doesn't sing hehe, even though, "Send Me A Angel" which is in Hebrew speaks so hard Israeli, so hard that I can feel his spit on my face when listening on computer speakers. Now that frikking psychedelic dimensional shit right there. Listen to one snipped of which ever new Infected track and be baffled by the share amount of details. Fantastic I say. + Erez is fucking Tara Reid, who (she) in my honest opinion, is super digg (hot as fuck). Which makes him even more of an idol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzC315fVcPo

bOmsHanGa

I actually dont own any of their cds. by time I started collecting, they already took that downward spill in the music. so, since then, they have been out of my mind ;p I have liked their stuff loads in the past.

Maybe its just my ears but i have converting vegatarians and the legend of the black shawarma and even though I don't enjoy them too much, I do go for an occasional listen. Its not the worst stuff i've ever listened to but its definatly not the best :P

I have respected Infected Mushroom and ALWAYS will. Every one of their albums sound different from one another, and I personally feel they bring new ideas and innovation into electronic music. They may not innovate as much as they use to, but their performance still stands strong... In fact, I consider them to be some of the best performers in the world. There comes a time when producing perfect content every album becomes improbable, and I do not think of them any less when I hear a new album that doesn't match the original Infected Mushroom expectation. They are making money, and they deserve it. It is extremley difficult to make a career out of producing music. There are many rules you have to bend and let go of in order to get into that mindset.

I mean damn, as long as they never become egotistical skrillex-like asshats that think "WAH WOH WOBBLE WOBBLE OH MY GOD WAAHHHOOOOORUMPH" sounds good, then I'm perfectly alright with whatever they do.

IM are one of the main reasons I got into pystrance, so I will always thank them for that. I don't really listen to them much anymore, but it's still good music. After hearing so much other psytrance IM feels pretty shallow now. Maybe I just listened to it too much, who knows.

Everything they've done for the last decade has been excruciatingly bad though. I feel embarrassed for them when I hear it.