Finally some artist that sounds like Astral Projection

radi6404

Maybe because it's a complete ripoff of Ambient Galaxy? =) Either that or a remix, but there's never any credit given to AP. I still don't understand the backgroundstory of this track...

@Annoebis, the track is similar to astral indeet. However it is barely listenable because the mixing and mastering is one of the worst I have ever heart, so it ruins the listeinig experience big time. Even my amateur tracks are more balanced than this.

@Annoebis, the track is similar to astral indeet. However it is barely listenable because the mixing and mastering is one of the worst I have ever heart, so it ruins the listeinig experience big time. Even my amateur tracks are more balanced than this.

:lol::wub:

o my....

Radi what sort of speakers/headphones are you listening on. The mixing is nothing to smirk at... That i'm sure of.

Radi, for once I really have to ask for you to explain in-depth how you think the mixing is the worst?

That track is literally THE MOST AP track ever released by someone not AP.

I do agree the agressive synths are brighter than anything old school AP but that just comes with the year alone. You ain't gonna get soft bright synths with modern production. Listen to AP - One. Come on man, it gonna be like that in 2013.

Now I'm gonna agree that it could be better with the mastering, but it's far from the worst contenders. At least it has a low end and a high end lol.

Penzoline has a good point. ----^

They are quieter than most goa tracks, however the ratio between the synths and percussion seems intentional. Not all tracks need the kick and high hits ripping through the mix

The ratio between synths and percussion is way too big with skarma and it ruins the great song. Astral Projection have a smaller ratio between the synthlines and percussion and most other artists. I don't want loudness charakter which is focused on the high frequencies, but I want tracks that are balanced.

Radi, for once I really have to ask for you to explain in-depth how you think the mixing is the worst?

That track is literally THE MOST AP track ever released by someone not AP.

I do agree the agressive synths are brighter than anything old school AP but that just comes with the year alone. You ain't gonna get soft bright synths with modern production. Listen to AP - One. Come on man, it gonna be like that in 2013.

Now I'm gonna agree that it could be better with the mastering, but it's far from the worst contenders. At least it has a low end and a high end lol.

You can get anything with modern production, it is the all about the gain and the effects you use. Listen to my tracks produced last year, the lat two tracks and tell me do they remind you of the old production or of the modern production?

Astral projection - one? Great osund, nothing to complain about, the synths are soft and in line with the rest of the music. Also the track back from hell, great tracks, big respect to Astral.

It is very amuzing for me how people claim that modern production and modern synths will always sound different to old ones, but that is only the case because the artists want it to be. If the artists want to have the old sound with new gear it is not a problem. You have to know which synths to use and how to use them, the rason most new stuff sounds so digital is because the artists use the fammous synths like albino and z3ta, which are not analogue sounding at all. They should use other synths, there is good freeware and synths available to buy like Synapse audio synths for example. The programming can get you sound that is as old and blurred out as hallucinogen - Jana if you want to, so it has nothing to do with the production at all.

And sorry Penzoline, that should not be a personal attackt at all.

This is the closest anyone ever got to the AP sound

Ehhh. I always found synsun far more agressive and crazy(psychedelic) in its tone to ever really make the connection. Now that I think about it, looking back, most Synsun AP track is Black & White and it feels like Synsun was based on that damn track..

Even with that in mind, most, if not 99% AP tracks held back in many ways compared to what Synsun does, stylistically that is. Still, that connection is just crazy for me. I guess all it takes is one track lol.

Ehhh. I always found synsun far more agressive and crazy(psychedelic) in its tone to ever really make the connection. Now that I think about it, looking back, most Synsun AP track is Black & White and it feels like Synsun was based on that damn track..

Even with that in mind, most, if not 99% AP tracks held back in many ways compared to what Synsun does, stylistically that is. Still, that connection is just crazy for me. I guess all it takes is one track lol.

They have even one more AP like track, but it seems like it is unreleased as it is not on one of the 3 albums released by Phototropic! The tracks is 10 min long, and is very floating like "electric blue"! No name though, I just know it is synsun, it was on a promo from them a LONG time ago, when we compiled Apsara :)

Sorry to say to Skarma is a feeble "version" of AP... it's more regular trance than goa-trance (that track in particular).... Radical Distortion is indeed more "on target", well at least when considering the golden age of AP.

if in doubt... listen to these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL3nf17KpU4&feature=share&list=PL311F2F7FBB611CAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS9jWkhoKt0

I never once thought of Astral when listening to that album... And those tracks don't remind me in particular of them either.. And I like radical distortion. Just don't think they are similar.

Skarma on the other hand it was the first thing that came to my mind... At least to certain astral tracks sounds.