License: CC

Price: Free and Donations

Track List:

01 - The Professor
02 - Come With Me
03 - H.N.I
04 - The Ziggurat Of Wondrous Wonder
05 - Outro

The Drama contains melodic curves of brain shifting frequencies that delight musical cravings, yet they push hard against the boundary walls inside our heads. With intensified, ever-shifting waterfalls of progressive euphoria, a climactic, unexpected, and eye-widening-ear-widening-soul-widening electronic implosion sends brains into star clusters. This album will take you away on a dramatic journey accompanied by a heartwarming orchestra of soothing percussion, passionate and loving piano leads, and elegant energy at every beat. The innovation is outstanding. The vibes are extreme. This album is easily top of the charts, skyrocketing up a staircase of encompassing musical accomplishments that pay close attention to detail and mood. There is not a single second within this marvel I do not enjoy.
From the first intro in "The Professor," I knew this album was going to be ridiculously entertaining. Escape Into uses a fresh and interesting recording of a man taking a sit at his piano to begin crafting the visions inside his head. The recording sounds up close and real, and then it uses the tune from the white and black instrument to start off the track. I have heard many attempt this style in the past, but it is rare to hear it done so well. The three dimensional sound is deep and full, taking me into the experience destined. This is where I simply can not stop listening. Every second, a new and interesting idea is born from seemingly nothing. It just pops up, grabs a hold of my body, and shakes me up like never before. This is what we like to call "dancing".
I haven't heard a style this diverse in a very long time. From the "get him a glass of water" voice samples from "H.N.I," to the quirky introduction followed by a full-on sub bass with zips and zaps in "The Ziggurat Of Wondrous Wonder". Nostalgic Goa drum lines, Progressive euphoric trance melodies, Classical influences, Full-On Morning and Twilight raging dance patterns, and entirely new concepts are sewn together to build a totally game-changing twist of wonderful perfection. The mood is sweetly amusing. Is this my world as a child? Is it what I feel in my dreams? Is this a recording of a distant glowing planet flying at the speed of light through space? Whatever the case, it is dramatic sound in its finest form.
The outro makes me tear up, using downtempo brilliance expected only from the masterminds of the trance community. Yet, in the midst of a free online culture, I find a particular gem in a field of treasure. It is so small, yet its twinkle shines through the darkness to bring a bright and lovely shine into my life. I feel the urge to get up and dance through the night like there is no tomorrow. I am getting lost in a soundscape of harmony with this album. I do not know what else to say, other than I will definitely keep this close to my favorites until the day I die. Download this album immediately, it will well be worth it. Take the normal drama out of your life and inject this into your veins. Your gonna love it.
10/10
(MP3, FLAC, WAV)
- Review by FatKidWitaJetPak (Nick Sumbles)
- Special Thanks to Ektoplazm for the download bandwidth.
- Special Thanks to Carol Porto for his incredibly talented artwork!

Im listening to the album right now.

This is a nice review you wrote, my friend.

The introduction of the first track, with those footsteps, remind me the first track of the album "Fiction" from jaia, called "in". I really like it.

Im only at first track right now but it sound very melodic. Not my favourite kind of psy but it's still good. Need to listen to the rest in order to give you a serious opinion ;).

well I've listened to the 3 first track of the album and I don't really like it...

First track had a good introduction but it's definitly not my kind of Full on. I can't listen to more track from this album. Probably a matter of taste.

This "Suomi" sound is definitely diverse. In fact, I can not quite define the genre just yet. What I do know is it usually involves a quirky or fun attitude towards the sound. Space Babuska and The Drama are my two favorite Suomi albums so far. I can see where not everyone would enjoy the sound in this album, but I personally felt a lot of emotion and innovation in the tracks and wrote a pretty passionate segment on it. Thank for your words!

P.S. I sent you a PM about that review team thing... but it deleted... everything.. aaaaaaaaaaaaa :[

Hmmm I wouldn't really call this Suomi.. Its just kind of strange full on.. Well maybe it has a tinge of but it's kind of all over the place.. Sort of reminds me of Talpa only nowhere near that level...

Not really my cup of tea and I love Suomi and good full on.. I think a 10/10 review is being extremely generous..

The artists call it Suomi, so that is why I do as well. I give it a 10/10 because I feel its innovates a very particular sound and sticks to it. I play this quite often in my car and it never gets old. Everyone definitely has different tastes though. I simply love it. I never give away any sort of score. People seem to agree over on Ektoplazm. The album has a 92% rating with 72 votes. But yeah, everyone will have a different perspective im sure.

I know it has a good rating that is what piqued my interest in the first place. That and your nice review there :)

Well I'm glad u stand by it and it wasnt just a first impressions glowing/afterglow kind of review, which can happen when we first hear something hehe.

As you say everyone's tastes are different! Anyway If you like melodic stuff (but a little less crazy) I think you would dig an artist called Spacey Koala, can find him on soundcloud, really nice stuff.

Keep up the good reviews mate.

Spacey Koala eh? That sounds like an awesome DJ name hahah.

Thanks for your feedback and support man. I am slowly improving everyday thanks to the community here. I have a review team / website in the works right now. The website is almost done, and it will be a nice home base for the review teams stuff. There is a lot planned down the road. I just need to keep learning more and more until it all comes together. There are still many things I can improve on, but I am glad to see many people enjoy my work in my early stages of reviewing. :)

@FatKidWitAJetPak : As I said, it's a lot a matter of taste for such an album. it's very (very !) melodic, and althought I do love melodic goa trance and nitzhonot, I can say also that it weren't my cup of tea. But your review is great and you don't have to justify for giving a 10/10, Im sure you wouldn't have given such a note if you thought the release didn't deserve it.

Well I'm glad u stand by it and it wasnt just a first impressions glowing/afterglow kind of review, which can happen when we first hear something hehe.

That's what is happening to me with last album of Atma, Music revolution. I haven't started my review on it, but I planned to do, because I liked a lot the tracks of the entire album, that I played a few time.

Analyzing every track more deeper, I slowly come to the conclusion that except some songs of the album, it isn't as good as his older stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Dream was my favorite trance release of last year, and even after only 1 listen I can say this is probably going to be my favorite of this year. I absolutely love everything these guys have done. :D This is some truly psychedelic, melodic, unique, and unpredictable music.

Really nice stuff, it's always great finding someone who's trying to make something a bit differently than others.

If you like melodic stuff (but a little less crazy) I think you would dig an artist called Spacey Koala, can find him on soundcloud, really nice stuff.

Wow, that guy can really make psytrance! Thanks for this one :). Do You have some more IM-ish/Talpa-ish trance suggestions?

Really nice stuff, it's always great finding someone who's trying to make something a bit differently than others.

Wow, that guy can really make psytrance! Thanks for this one :). Do You have some more IM-ish/Talpa-ish trance suggestions?

Heya, No worries :)

And yup, actually the man Spacey Koala is inspired most by I believe. Australian melodic but you might already know him.

http://m.soundcloud.com/terrafractyl

http://m.soundcloud.com/terrafractyl/the-nature-of-conciousness

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...