A Psychedelic Magazine

darkill

What do you think about it ?

I think it would be great if such a magazine existed !

There would be a lot of reviews about new releases in Psychedelic trance music.

We woulde write some article about psychedelic trance festival too.

We could also include interviews of psytrance and goa artists.

We would have a reviewer team and every month someone would take care of the main cover of the magazine. Someone like Richpa, who is doing it for free psychedelic release cover's !

The name of the magazine would be....The Psychedelic Magazine ! Or Psy-mag, but I don't like this last one, it sound like it's about Pop-goa lol.

It would definitly give a huge support to the psychedelic trance scene. If an artist would have his release reviewed with a nice appreciation, a lot of people would read article and surely take a listen at the release, and then share it with their psy friends circle !

I don't plan making such a magazine, but what do you think about the idea of such a thing ?

Gread idea indeed, need a lot of time and energy for that but if few people join on start it could be possible, maybe not for every month but it can be done.

Also we will need some nice designers, to make templates for pages and stuff... :)

Do you mean a paper or a virtual magazine? A physical one would have the problem of distribution. There's one I like very much, it's Posivision, created by Ree.K. It's free and full of ads, reviews, and interesting articles. It was a psy/goa mag at first, but now it covers almost all genres, commercial or not. Survival tactics, one guesses...

Im down for any reading material regarding the music. I haven't paid attention if the little Mushroom Magazines still come with psyshop cd orders ;p

I too was thinking physical mags may have a problem since print is dieing out.

There is one i know called Mushroom magazine

http://www.mushroom-online.com/v2/

Covers psy, goa and festivals along with psychedelic culture.

I also just recently wrote some articles (one on Goa and Suntrip) for another Australian magazine just starting up called Dreamland, will link you when its online.

Really good idea though there needs to be more, distribution and cost is the hard part though.

On the dream creation magazine site can be found a few numbers an interviews from the 90's. Sadly the magazine is not done anymore. Also there were Revolve & implant magazines wich I don't know if are still alive.

http://www.dream-creation.co.uk/

Online seems that the good old Chaishop is still there.

http://www.chaishop.com/

Do you mean a paper or a virtual magazine? A physical one would have the problem of distribution. There's one I like very much, it's Posivision, created by Ree.K. It's free and full of ads, reviews, and interesting articles. It was a psy/goa mag at first, but now it covers almost all genres, commercial or not. Survival tactics, one guesses...

Well I mean it may be both. Of course if it were paper magazine, it would make it more profesionnal and also we would need to make it payant, otherwrise we couldn't survive.

But I don't mind if it were virtual. It would be even easier for the spread of the magazine if it was virtual, because on the internet things go fast and people could share the magazine easily.

And if it was virtual we could make it free, so we wouldn't have to find tactics in order to survive !

There is one i know called Mushroom magazine

http://www.mushroom-online.com/v2/

Covers psy, goa and festivals along with psychedelic culture.

I also just recently wrote some articles (one on Goa and Suntrip) for another Australian magazine just starting up called Dreamland, will link you when its online.

Really good idea though there needs to be more, distribution and cost is the hard part though.

I've taken a look at this. I guess this is a payant magazine ? Still it look nice.

We would need a whole team in order to make such a magazine.

We would need some writers, in order to write article about interview and goa party. We also need reviewer for reviewing the new releases.

And of course we would need some people in order to take care on the design of the magazine, working on covers and banners.

And finally we would need an internet page for having the magazine online !

Personnaly I would definitly be very interested in reviewing release for such magazines !

psytrance magazines? I believe they started making those in the 90s.. so the idea is pretty old, but i understand there are new generations that never saw these.. Revolve is about to cease activity if the situation doesn't change (had a nice talk with Nigel in London) and he actually wants to Evolve to a different format, maybe just digital. Still check out the Summer 2013 edition, it is interesting!

http://www.revolvemagazine.co.uk/

I started to work on interviews recently regarding the Goa trance scene, and if you gonna need some of them, i'm gonna be more than happy to share it with magazine creators (if they find them good enough).

psytrance magazines? I believe they started making those in the 90s.. so the idea is pretty old, but i understand there are new generations that never saw these.. Revolve is about to cease activity if the situation doesn't change (had a nice talk with Nigel in London) and he actually wants to Evolve to a different format, maybe just digital. Still check out the Summer 2013 edition, it is interesting!

http://www.revolvemagazine.co.uk/

I took a look at those, it seem to be nice but as it's payant I haven't a close look to the magazines. I saw that in 2009 they reviewed an album I do know, would be nice if I could see how they reviewed this great stuff.

Sounds like a great idea, just gather up people who are willing.

Yes, we definitly need people who know what is going on in the actual psychedelic scene and who know what is psychedelic trance, and I think this forum is one of the best place in order to find those people !

I started to work on interviews recently regarding the Goa trance scene, and if you gonna need some of them, i'm gonna be more than happy to share it with magazine creators (if they find them good enough).

That's very kind of you ! If we start such a project, I will think about you ;). But nothings is such, for the moment it's only a dream