Your "Peak Experience"

Shpongled247

So what I mean by peak experience is just that, your ultimate, unbridled experience on the dancefloor, at a festival or wherever. Basically the pinnacle of your psychedelic trance career! ;)

Mine was probably seeing Terrafractyl live for the first time after devouring his first album every day for months in 2009... I was already the biggest fan but experiencing that live as the sun was coming up, was just an entire journey in itself.

The whole weekend was leading up to that moment for me (and my friends probably as I was so excited haha)... And when it finally came it was everything I could possibly have imagined... Just a priceless, timeless moment.

there were many contenders, but i think the cake goes to mwnn as the closing act on a sunday at ozora (i can't remember which year. was it 08/09/10?). the weather, the people, the atmosphere, the music, everything seemed perfect.

I haven't been to a lot of psy parties, but the top of the cake was probably last summer. It wasn't even the music that put it on top; it was the kind of fullon and darkpsy I don't care much for but can dance to if it's at a party. Electrypnose was there.

What made it so great is that I was very stressed out from school, it was the first time I'd gotten to do anything fun that summer, and it was in a beautiful outdoor location so there was camping involved. It was the stress relief that made it so awesome. Well, I suppose the day-long drinking had a hand in it too.

Mine were every party I went to in Japan from mid 1990s to mid 2000. Japanese parties are so special there are no words to describe them. I used to go to the mountains of Gifu-ken, which has a luxurious nature, in the middle of mountains plateaus, during autumn/spring and feel part of the starry night, the pines, the water nearby. And I went to almost every Blue Moon party in Diamond Hall, a huge dark, tall space, where orgs would hang huge backdrops and tens of UV lights. They use tons of incense too, something rare now. I always loved the "boom" feeling I had everytime I opened the sound-proof doors and that wave of loud basslines and melodies invaded my ears, and I felt it thru my body. I would instantly enter an euphoria state, and it would get stronger and stronger as the night went by. A night I remember so clear was one that there was this DJ playing tracks with an out-there-in-deep-space textures, and I felt like I was detached from my body. I could feel my feet, but the rest of me were somewhere else, I had goosebumps in my whole "me" and I was so happy I wished I could stay there forever, it was magic. And I am proud to say I was clear, never had to take anything to appreciate trance music and its richness. Absolum, Prometheus, Domino, KURO, Tristan, tens of DJs, there are too many to mention. I miss that feeling of natural euphoria a lot. Good times :blush:

Mine were every party I went to in Japan from mid 1990s to mid 2000. Japanese parties are so special there are no words to describe them. I used to go to the mountains of Gifu-ken, which has a luxurious nature, in the middle of mountains plateaus, during autumn/spring and feel part of the starry night, the pines, the water nearby. And I went to almost every Blue Moon party in Diamond Hall, a huge dark, tall space, where orgs would hang huge backdrops and tens of UV lights. They use tons of incense too, something rare now. I always loved the "boom" feeling I had everytime I opened the sound-proof doors and that wave of loud basslines and melodies invaded my ears, and I felt it thru my body. I would instantly enter an euphoria state, and it would get stronger and stronger as the night went by. A night I remember so clear was one that there was this DJ playing tracks with an out-there-in-deep-space textures, and I felt like I was detached from my body. I could feel my feet, but the rest of me were somewhere else, I had goosebumps in my whole "me" and I was so happy I wished I could stay there forever, it was magic. And I am proud to say I was clear, never had to take anything to appreciate trance music and its richness. Absolum, Prometheus, Domino, KURO, Tristan, tens of DJs, there are too many to mention. I miss that feeling of natural euphoria a lot. Good times :blush:

Agreed Japan was the bomb. I was there at the same time from 97-2000 in Tokyo. They used to have a venue called the Yokohama Bay Hall. If you ever went there you know what I was talking about. the place would erupt into spontaneous madness all night long and was a cesspit of Japanese deviousness. Any international producer at that time would all say the same thing Japan was the best place to play and party. Went to lots of parties in Tokyo plus many outdoor parties on My Fuji, Gunmar and even Nijima Island with Goa Gill. That was very special. Everything about Japan was always the highest quality from the deco to the music to the sound systems.I had some special parties for sure but they were always consistently fantastic that every party was a special occasion and that was about once a month. Agreed Absolom blew the roof off a couple of times as did Posford, X-Dream, Domino, Cosmosis, etc etc. Couldn't have asked for more and was pretty depressed when I moved back home after 3 years to nothing.

I have made a facebook site if your interested to see all the flyers and photos from that period

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001290752503&sk=photos

You were lucky, to live in Tokyo in that golden era! I never went to YBH, but I remember Bay Side Jenny and many other spectacular venues in Tokyo. I read that artists dreamed of playing there, for the venues, the Japanese crowd, exactly as you described. We had also Mother Club in Osaka, another legend in psy story. Japan was the best place to experience Goa, we were very lucky!!

there were many contenders, but i think the cake goes to mwnn as the closing act on a sunday at ozora (i can't remember which year. was it 08/09/10?). the weather, the people, the atmosphere, the music, everything seemed perfect.

2009. Incredible moment really. I was also thinking on that one, but X-Dream at freedom festival 2007 and Oforia at Thyssen Studios in 1998 are also quite high in the list.

I've only been to that Ozora and it was great. Only moment I did not enjoy was Shpongle live, to many people and to many groupies......

• 3 weeks later...

I registered here to answer this question. So: "Hello everyone!"

My most amazing experience on a dancefloor has been a while ago. In 1998 I was in Vashisht (India). I went to quite a few great parties in Manali, which is close by. Those parties were very small, financed by a donation box in the middle of the dancefloor, and generally very trippy(!). I remember a certain very small party in the mountains, the sun was rising above a snow covered mountaintop exactly at the moment when the track "Panic in Paradise" by X-Dream was reaching its peak. It was one of the most beautiful experiences I ever had!

No party after that was able to come even close, and I already had lost hope that I will ever be able to experience true magic on psytrance parties again, until: 2008. My first Ozora (I was on Solipse 1999, too - which also was a very nice party - , but it wasn't called "Ozora" back then). The moment when the dancefloor was opened to the public, but no music was playing, yet. The people were slowly walking onto the dancefloor. It was very quiet. Nobody shouting. Everybody in quiet anticipation of the things to come. We were all just standing there, for at least 30 minutes (or so it seemed). It was a very beautiful, peaceful atmosphere. So beautiful indeed, that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I was really touched! Needless to say: the party didn't disappoint. And I realized, that psytrance is not dead. There are still awesome parties to be experienced.

Edit: I have never been to Japan, but in 1998 there were quite a few Japanese people around on the parties in Manali. They were really crazy, but not in a bad way (not like the Israelis ;-) ). They were always respectful to the local people, but when they were on the dancefloor there was nothing holding them back! I *loved* them!

Mine was probably hearing Atmos playing "Klein Aber Doctor" for the first time at an old Copenhagen club called The Tube. I was surrounded by a bunch of MDMA zombies all sweating profusely. Was heavy as fuck.

:ph34r:

back at 1996 i was in holidays in Santorini island here in Greece

a friend of a friend has a dozen of tapes

he told about about goa sound etc

i stuck to listen Etnica's-Alien Protein 1st time

my 1st connection with goa sound

i was listening this album all night long at the roof of a house at the edges of the volcano,with the company of bottle of whiskey

original_santorini-eolia-yacht-club.jpg

i never had such a warm feeling

i lived great parties but never got this feeling of the 1st time

Mine aren't like I'm 'head in the clouds' level of peakness, but just really happy. I will get to that peak point some day depending who I see. This past may I saw Southwild for the 3rd time and I been a fan of him since Rastaliens act in 2003 music I came across. I only remember stopping to dance once when this woman to my left and I connected and share psy dances with one another and she eventually passed me a drink 8) we became friends since then. She was the real trooper, being at the dancefloor for at least 18hours. the next day was the last day and I was super happy to dance to some prog with a group of people I met that night and hung out at the fire-pit with. smiles and easier grooving. what a party ;D

• 3 weeks later...

the first one or two years i got into psy and goatrance were a fascinating time, like experiencing new music, new people, new parties, new substances. quite a lot altogether, in the beginning i couldn't really "get into" the weird atmospheres especially on dancefloors. i always appreciated the energy and the wtf-attitude, but for my part it took time to really hang-loose there. after maybe two years going to smaller and really big festivals i made the decision to leave things behind and to start to travel with a buddy. there was this small festival near my hometown where me and my friends wanted to do some kind of a goodbye party, and it was this party where i found myself dancing in the dancefloor, feeling what everyone was feeling, loosing control over my thougths and my body. that feeling came so suddenly and was so overwhelming that i started to cry with huge smiles. that was - after years of going to parties and connecting to the scene - the moment where i really felt that i arrived at my place.

funny sidenote: the last track there was cosma's the time has come (R.I.P), shortly after the release, and it fitted so perfectly to my situation - leaving my hometown and at the same time finding a new home