Astral Projection fresh style, way too few tracks

radi6404

So some of the best goa trance tracks are really in the later period of Astral projection in my opinion and it is a big shame there are not a lot of such tracks out there, since they are really the tracks that give a great mood and summer feelings. The bright feelings, the bright sounds and the melodies and synthlines they used are really pure trance.

The tracks I am talking about are

God is a DJ - Astral projection Remix

this track is epic, this is definatly in the top 20 of goa trance and one of the best Astral projection tracks, the part between 1:20 and 2:50 is one of the best moments of Astral Projection, that sound they used is just incredible, no words can describe how beautiful it is.

Anything is possible

Chaos

Amen

Technodrome

The other tracks of Amen are really very good in my opinion, they are really uplifting and the sound is impressive.

What do you think about them? Is there anything similar to such style, maybe from other trance styles? God is a DJ Remix is for sure one of the best goa tracks out there, the impressive sounds at the beginning, the melodies in the middle. When I first heart that song, I could not trust my ears, it is a track where Astral Projection really show their capabilities, absolutely impressive.

No one else here thinks that Astral Projection were any good after their first few albums. at all.

at least not in a Goa sense....

Maybe in a watered down oh this might be ok full on mixed in type sense.

So no. no one will reply.

Because frankly, their "fresh style" as you call it,

Sucks.

reactiongener7ajhz.gif

:P

But compared to what came before it it does no?

Its like... if your favourite hamburger place in the world just suddenly switched its ingredients one day without telling you...

and you took a big ol bite in anticipation only to find they replaced the meat pattie with dog shit.

:(

:D

Not true at all, for me Amen is not any worse than the older stuff aktually. And they basically did the same as on any other old album, they used the same sounds, basslines, filters, a few more than on older tracks. The only thing they did is replace the strong goa trance melodies with mroe trance like melodies, where I don't see any problem, since they did it well and I like the normal trance melodies aswell.

And by the way

Nexus

Amen

Technodrome

1000 000 years from now

Chaos

all do have the normal Astral melodies like earlier, only the toher tracks have different melodies, taht are closer to Burning up in stlye, where is the problem there?

While ofcoruse I undertand that Ten is crap I never really saw how Amen is, I like lighter melodies in trance aswell.

Amen is like Metallica's St.Anger, no body likes it. Personaly i find it boring.

Shame on your words. Such words would only come from someone who has no clue about music making at all and does not know how to produce msuci neither knows that it is not easy to produce music. Really disrespectful your words.

So Radi, your opinions are universal truths?

Ofcourse not, but on one side people here are constantly asking for an evolvement, make a big drama because shpongle has no new sound, now they get their evovement with Astral and then they leave the most nasty comments. It is not pausible to me how that can be when even amen has a few normal goa tracks like Nexus and Amen. But generally I see how harsh people are on artists, complaining about Shpongle, complaining about Astral, it is unbelievable. I complaina bout newschool, but I complaina bout the whole style, not complaining marginal changes of an artist like changing melody style to normal trance on a few tracks.

I am not forcing you to like, but the harsh words against Astral and Shpongle hurt.

Shame on your words. Such words would only come from someone who has no clue about music making at all and does not know how to produce msuci neither knows that it is not easy to produce music. Really disrespectful your words.

Well you're right, i never was into music production by myself, at least not in some serious way, but saying that i don't have a clue is a silly statement, especially because on daily basis i speak with my friends and artists and i have some insights from various producers/musicians about the complete process. And now, i'll explain a bit my statement/comparation above and educate you a bit :)

The Astral Files / Trust In Trance / Dancing Galaxy / Another World = Kill'em All / Ride The Lightning / Master Of Puppets / And Justice For All.

Amen = St.Anger

Each of albums i compared above are the true classics of the genre, music that has been made with soul and emotion and no-one can't tell me otherwise, especially because all early AP and Metallica's releases are the true classics of psytrance and metal genre respectivley. Amen was just an attempt to create something different with modern approach, just like St.Anger. In case of AP it was an attempt to explore more psytrance/fullon than it was to expore goa trance, in case of St.Anger it was attempt to explore more groove/modern/nu metal sound that in it was to explore thrash metal.

Both of thoose albums failed to deliver something unique and special, especially because many of other artists in that period of time made better albums in genre that was in some sort of trend back than. There are some things that i like in Amen and in St.Anger but overall and especially compared to the old releases from both mentioned, they failed to deliver something special.

Many people will disagree and i can respect that, afterall when it comes to discuss music, opinions are like ass holes, everybody got one, but some facts still stand - and the fact is that both of mentioned releases tried to be something that they're not and they failed in that.

And please, don't call me disrespectful, just because i'm not considering AP or Metallica to be my holy cow, even i like both of them. You're being disrespectful to anybody here on Psynews who doesn't share same opinion like you, you're the one who should be ashamed.

I rest my case here. Have a good day.

I am not disrespetful to anyone who does not share my music view, but I am against people who complain all the time about an artist and want the artist to be exactly like they want to, a bit of evolvement, but not too much, too much is bad, no evolvement is bad aswell. Astral Projection made a little evolvement in Amen and many here hate it. Shpongle stays how they were in the past and people hate it aswell, so what is right. If you and a few others here want the music to sound exactly like they want it to, it would be best to produce it yourself.

I am not disrespetful to anyone who does not share my music view, but I am against people who complain all the time about an artist and want the artist to be exactly like they want to, a bit of evolvement, but not too much, too much is bad, no evolvement is bad aswell. Astral Projection made a little evolvement in Amen and many here hate it. Shpongle stays how they were in the past and people hate it aswell, so what is right. If you and a few others here want the music to sound exactly like they want it to, it would be best to produce it yourself.

I want to be suprised, but in positive way. Their vision of something 'new', 'fresh', 'evolvement in the sound' was not positive suprise in my case, that's all. I'm not complaining, there is a plenty of quality music out there :)

I am not forcing you to like, but the harsh words against Astral and Shpongle hurt.

Why do you take it so seriously? I mean, music if my life force but I don't go into rage mode if someone says shit about my favourite music, unless (and solely UNLESS) it's said with an undeniable intention to piss me off.