What gets played in your area?

Shpongled247

So I'm just wondering how the "scene" is around the world and what type of stuff is getting played the most at psy parties atm.

When I was in Aus it was a lot of mixed genre type festivals, and single psy nights were sometimes dark or full on but mostly a progression through all genres over the night.

Since being in London it seems mostly either full on in the main room that mostly all sounds the same (or occasionally dark) and prog in the 2nd room.

There is a crapload more parties here though every week, it's just that the variety of actual music isn't very big..

Well I do live in a part of Switzerland which is not very big, with no big cities (The biggest one of my region have like 12'000 people living in it...Yes, it's not much, I know !) but still we have some goa/psy trance parties !

First of all, every year we've our New year Psychedelic trance festival, called Timegate. I went 2 times there and what is played is mostly Psy-trance and Progressive Psytrance.

There's also some people who organize some local goa parties, with few people (Never more than 50-60 people) but with serious Dj and good organisation. What is played there is mostly Dark - Psytrance, unfortunately for me this is the Psychedelic genre that I like the less (I still like it of course).

And shame on it, there's nothing where you can listen to pure oldschool or newschool Goa trance around here...I talk about big events, of course if you meet me somewhere where I can put my Ipod touch and listen to it you're gonna hear Goa trance for sure !

you are lucky there are at all psytrance parties there, here in my area of Germany they play Rihanna - Diamonds various versions, nothing more, there are no goa fans at all here in the gross area of Germany, I have never ever heart a car passing buy that listens goa trance, only Pop or mainstream techno.

Can't complain about London. I don't go to parties often but when I do I enjoy them; the music that gets played is not my favourite kind of psytrance but it's not cheesy crap either.

Taht happens in Berlin, I don't like Berlin a lot, it is a lot in the North and the atmosphere would be faded. A goa trance party is best in the south with warm and colorful days and nights, also it is over 600 kilometers away from my area in Germany. In Stuttgart such things do not happen. it is not like Greece where goa and uplifting are an important part of the whole coutry, some countries have big psy scene, others do not.

you are lucky there are at all psytrance parties there, here in my area of Germany they play Rihanna - Diamonds various versions, nothing more, there are no goa fans at all here in the gross area of Germany, I have never ever heart a car passing buy that listens goa trance, only Pop or mainstream techno.

You know, by my aera most people listen to commerical shit - only realized in the optic of seeling the more they can-. If you go to the bar or in Night club, you're gonna hear this kind of music.

If you want to hear psychedelic trance song, you need to know the good person, in order to be invited to the local goa party. I do know a lot of those people, that's why Im up to date with most of parties going on around my region.

I think this is globally the same for every place ; if you want to meet people listening to psychedelic trance, you need to search and go to them.

I've to add that most of the people I meet in thoses goa parties aren't listening to a lot of goa trance. Some people only listen to it when going at party ! And a lot of people only listen to this when under drug influence...But hey, I think it has always been this way, and I know there are people who really enjo listening to the psychedelic genre music !

I live near Birmingham in the UK. Most parties locally play full-on, with a bit of prog and the very occasional dip into darker stuff.

This month though, we have a Retro-Goa night coming up at Kanyini. (Yay!)

No "scene" in my area.

Yep there is barely an electronic music scene in my area (Minnesota, USA), let alone a trance scene, let alone a psytrance scene, let alone a goatrance scene. Dubstep is about the only electronic music you'll ever hear around here.

Oh well, I don't think my tastes would fit in to most psytrance festivals/shows anyway, since I'm not really into most full-on or darkpsy.

We do occasionally (once or twice a year) get some good chillout/ambient artists though. Shpongle came here a few years back, and Bluetech played in a bar/small club also a few years ago.

the "medium size" parties are usually darkpsy but sometimes progressive only. and then there's the huge ones in equally huge venues (but it's still overcroweded, sometimes to the extent of being impossible to dance) that cost a fortune and offer the big names of fullon and progressive.

Melbourne Australia. A bit of everything except Goa really. There's a dedicated dark/forest/psycore night every month that is fun. Once my second modular is finished in the new year I'm planing to run a bi-monthly event in a club of experimental psychedelia. I'll be doing live modulation which will be fun once i get some good triggers for the system etc. Dreaming to get Makyo & Ishq out here one time to play.

They do seem to love darkpsy here indeed...Wonder if it has something to do with the weather.. Hmm.

In my personnal opinion in has something to do with drugs...Seriously man, Dark psytrance is the Psychedelic genre that I listen to the less and that I apreciate the less, but when Im under drug influence (Cannabis), it completly change it, I like it then !

Hi Darkill thank you for sharing your drug habit with us but there are places for special ppl like u to get help. Drugs are bad mmk?

Yay yay, was just trying to explain something, but nevermind. I means that I see a lot of people love being under drug influence when listening to dark-psytrance (That's not my case I can still enjoy dark psy without it) and they only listen to this then.

But anyway it's not the matter of topic here so !

then do yourself a favor and go to Fullmoon Festival this year! Do it for me, man! for me!

http://www.goabase.net/67817

A bit of everything psy gets played here. not heard any goa classics yet at a party.

I guess Belgium is a great Goa country... We have an old-school party at least once a month (most of the time there are several a month) and apart from that we have some full-on (which often gets mixed with old-school too, at least on the big ones), and then some forest (which gets mixed with old-school too a lot) and the occasional Dark party. I guess Dark and Progressive get played the least, although I could be wrong.

not heard any goa classics yet at a party.

Same for me ! I heard Prog, Psytrance and Dark psy trance at a party but I never heard oldschool or newschool goa trance at a party.

I guess Belgium is a great Goa country... We have an old-school party at least once a month (most of the time there are several a month) and apart from that we have some full-on (which often gets mixed with old-school too, at least on the big ones), and then some forest (which gets mixed with old-school too a lot) and the occasional Dark party. I guess Dark and Progressive get played the least, although I could be wrong.

I definitly need to get a trip to Belgium once a time in my life, in order to have great taste with beer, chocolate and of course goa trance ! I saw some live of agneton in belgium, damn dude it just make me want to go to see him playing live !

I've only once heard actual goa played out. Once a friend/promoter got Dick Trevor to play a daytime gig and he did a retro green nuns set as well.

Was pretty awesome except he started playing that after his new full on set and the crowd lost energy or didnt know what to do with the frenzy of acid/303. I however did haha :P

Same for me ! I heard Prog, Psytrance and Dark psy trance at a party but I never heard oldschool or newschool goa trance at a party.

I definitly need to get a trip to Belgium once a time in my life, in order to have great taste with beer, chocolate and of course goa trance ! I saw some live of agneton in belgium, damn dude it just make me want to go to see him playing live !

You definitely should! You're always welcome :)

Maybe you should consider coming over for Fractal Gate this year? It's end of October and the line-up is fantastic... E-Mantra, Tim Schuldt Old School, Cosmosis Old School and Nebula Meltdown.. All live :D

Wow, lame that people don't understand the old school style. GNOTR rules!

Yea, it's a shame that a lot of people only Know dark psytrance and full on and doesn't know that all of these would never have existed if Oldschool goa trance never appeared !

I can understand it's easier to get into Psytrance & full on since it may sound more "techno like" or "club like" then goa trance. I means the bassline often sound a bit like this in darker so they're getting into this easily...But with goa trance it play a lot on the importance of the melodies and it sound differently, people have difficult to get into such song. Wich is a shame !

You definitely should! You're always welcome :)

Maybe you should consider coming over for Fractal Gate this year? It's end of October and the line-up is fantastic... E-Mantra, Tim Schuldt Old School, Cosmosis Old School and Nebula Meltdown.. All live :D

Well I already go somewhere this summer, at Reisefieber festival in Switzerland. I don't think Im gonna do more than one psychedelic trance festival this summer, but thanx for this invitation ! Maybe in a few year !

What about you coming in Switzerland :P ?

Yea, it's a shame that a lot of people only Know dark psytrance and full on and doesn't know that all of these would never have existed if Oldschool goa trance never appeared !

I can understand it's easier to get into Psytrance & full on since it may sound more "techno like" or "club like" then goa trance. I means the bassline often sound a bit like this in darker so they're getting into this easily...But with goa trance it play a lot on the importance of the melodies and it sound differently, people have difficult to get into such song. Wich is a shame !

I have discussed with people before and came to the conclusion it's just that people nowadays dance to the bassline primarily and goa new and oldschool isnt so much bass driven. Melody isn't what people latch onto for some reason. :/