"V/A - Blacklight Moments"

Trance2MoveU

Guest antic

Best Suntrip VA to date, with no bad tracks in sight. At this moment I don't have clear favorites, but if pressed I'd say Daimon & Naltayada take the cake, although the rest is just one small step behind.

Hope there's new albums from all of those artists in the pipeline :)

Best Suntrip release to date, sadly I have found many of this labels releases lacking any real depth of emotion. I mean, Temple Of Chaos was very much falsely advertised as acidic & a bit darker in style but I heard none of that compared to say Global Sect or Hado releases.

I not can accept with your vision my friend. I think that track MerrOw - Citrus Circus one of best darkness new goa trance tracks that i listen. And track of KOB from this compilation very nice too.

• 1 year later...

Well this is quite a late answer, but anyhoo..!

I somewhat put this compilation aside after quickly listening to some parts, where only Uth remained in my memory.

After a quite psychedelic intense listening to this baby, I was dragged into stuff that was deep and extraordinary.

Uth with Cosmic Fusion still remains my favorite here, so deep, warm and beautiful. Really something special.

Khetzal surprised me with a blast from the universe! So hard, fast, full of lasers and acid! Crazy shit!

The Javi and Skooma track injects another load of acid, which I adore it it's done right. And it is.

Skarma and Mindsphere conclude my favorite tracks on this marvellous compilation. Energetic well made Goa trance. Top class.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a great compilation and have been listening to it a lot lately.

1. Wake Up And Smell The Ashes doesn't bother me so much (as it used to), though it could have been a bit shorter and more eventful, diverse, and varied IMO. The song is psychedelic, rough, and acidy, and starts off promising. It could have grown catchier (harmony wise, and varied such harmonies up) earlier on around the strong psychedelic synths/sounds that the song ultimately is, until more memorable melodies arrive towards the end. It's not bad though and has some interesting elements. I begin to lose interest around 2:44. Before that, the song seemed to be building up to being a great Hallucinongen-esque dark/psychedelic track. My advice to the artist is to trim out these filler segments, even if the song has less (but some) breathing room. Stick to what's catchier, like the part around 4:35, and reduce general repetition to reduce the song feeling drawn out until greater things arrive, so thus not to bore your listeners. There are some very good elements here, and I get hooked again from around 5:55 to the song's close.

2. These Talking Machines is great! Unique, catchy, risky, fun. It's not too heavy like KOB track more or less is on Filteria's 4th album. This one is more ideal to me along with several others including (of course) the Go Cyborg!!! track he did.

3. Black Sun I've actually been enjoying more lately. It works while doing work via iPod. The song is one of the weaker ones IMO but it's not bad.

4. Viral Breath is very catchy, strong synth work. I really like this!

5. Aramean Dreams ​ is another one I was fairly critical of in my review because I'be heard more ambitious structuring and composition/arrangement from the artist. But this track is a near perfect build up and sleek climactic rush of nighttime energy. It wears its suite well and knows what it's going for, often complimenting the energy of the tracks around it. I love the gradual build up to the energy boost.

6. Emotional Overload again really impressed me. The entire song engages. The structuring and direction keeps things interesting. The synth work is great. There is a dark influence here and there. I'm hooked. This song very enjoyable to listen to and very catchy!

7. Beyond Lightspeed (E-Mantra dmx) is another great one. The first 4-5 minutes are excellent, very addictive and cool! I strongly feel that the artist could have taken the song to the next level around 4:25 with an amazing emotive, evolution (enter key change, very sci-fi and emotive via shift in music and same tempo) similar (in concept) to the masterful evolution in Cosmosis's Higher Access track. But completely different of course. I literally hear how it could sound in my mind and I wish I could articulate the octaves, notes, etc. I see such an opportunity in this already great track to make it one of the most brilliant goa songs ever. The second half of the song is less groundbreaking to me, as I keep imagining what could have been. The song more or less peeks in the second act and acknowledges the Eastern influence (same as original) that never put me in awe. Regarding great evolutions, think Filteria's beautiful evolution in In the Heaven's Eye. Maybe one day I'll get to sit down with with the artist and "sound" it out. Some of you probably already know what I'm imagining to some degree, as if Pleiadian's released a sequel to I.F.O. that took I.F.O. to the next level. It is possible.

8. Naltayada is great. I love the AP influence without it feeling cheesy or commercial. This artist knows what he's doing. The song is so well done. I've heard this dozens of times and every time I enjoy it!

9. Depth Of Consciousness is one of the 2-3 songs I find noticeably weaker. But it's unique and interesting sounding enough to hold my attention. The song has nice harmonies and melody work that differentiate it from the others and again, gives it its own sense of space and balance between the others. This is a fairly good that gets better as it progresses. It's just nothing really great IMO but I like it.

10. Cosmic Fusion is an A- to an A for me. I find this song incredibly satisfying, catchy, and enjoyable. I love the downtempo breakdowns and how the song comes back up, the wonderful braiding of harmony/melodies, and the development, evolution throughout. This song is perfect in some ways to me. It's filled with feeling and I'm never bored for a second. The song gets catchier too as it progresses which I find ideal in this genre of music. This is like a beautiful morning, Goa Sunrise track. I hadn't even realized that before. To this day I'm loving it.

Overall this is a great compilation with a good dose of replay value!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I wish to thank you all for the nice comments about my track.
I do really appreciate. Nice vibes, I need that sorta'things to get me more involved in my 2nd album. *crosses fingers*
And yes, I agree, I did not challenged myself on this one (@ Jon Cocco, I like your comments, did you know ?).

This is so wholly unfair. The harmonic layerings of Aramean Dreams are some of the best I have ever heard in Goa Trance. Seriously, the track is one of a kind and while it feels short in length at times, it is nothing less than genius in ways I did not think were possible in this genre. The track is so deceptively clever and enigmatic.

• 11 months later...