Brand new Shpongle just released!

Lemmiwinks

I hope it will be similar to ineffable mysteries, that album was probably their best, the last album can not copare to that masterpeace. Alone the track ineffable mysteries is superb.

Not sure if serious because that was their last album :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate does it matter whether i know anything about music production? the track is rubbish

i am glad you enjoy it though, at least someone is

I wouldn't say the track was rubbish, but I'm not a huge fan either. I would say that over time Shpongle's albums are lacking more atmosphere and detail, and are definitely becoming less introverted. This probably appeals to some, not to us who listened to Shpongle from the beginning and began to attach a certain enchanted ambient 'feeling' that you get to their name, especially with their first and second albums.

Mmm Simon has always said Shpongle is headphone music not dancefloor music, as we all know. But perhaps as the years went on I think and they started playing live more tracks were written , perhaps subconsciously im not sure, that fit a dancefloor a bit more.. Still headphone music to me though :)

Mmm Simon has always said Shpongle is headphone music not dancefloor music, as we all know. But perhaps as the years went on I think and they started playing live more tracks were written , perhaps subconsciously im not sure, that fit a dancefloor a bit more.. Still headphone music to me though :)

I think that you hit the spot here. If you've seen the size of their live outfit recently, you see all kinds of vocalists, dancers and percussion experts - quite a journey away from just Simon and Raja working in a dark studio together. Plus as we know Shpongle have attained a level of mainstream recognition unparalleled for artists of this genre. It's only to be expected that their sound adapts to become more friendly to their new audience.

mate does it matter whether i know anything about music production? the track is rubbish

i am glad you enjoy it though, at least someone is

well maybe if you realized how much work and knowledge it takes to make that kinda stuff, you wouldn't be calling it rubbish so fast

and maybe if you realized anything sensible in your life, you wouldn't be calling anything rubbish so fast

well maybe if you realized how much work and knowledge it takes to make that kinda stuff, you wouldn't be calling it rubbish so fast

and maybe if you realized anything sensible in your life, you wouldn't be calling anything rubbish so fast

I fully agree on that. It is hard to do such tracks, pure musical art. And in general you should not call something rubbish fast.

So, any bets on which songs will be in 7/4 or 7/8? I'm guessing Further Adventures in Shpongleland.

I'm not sure as I'm not even looking at all track titles before release or listening to any more samples. Apparently u can or could listen all tracks samples on amazon.. I'm staying away though!

I'm not sure as I'm not even looking at all track titles before release or listening to any more samples. Apparently u can or could listen all tracks samples on amazon.. I'm staying away though!

All those samples are really short and basically come from the intros of each track so they are not a good indication of what they will sound like.

I think that you hit the spot here. If you've seen the size of their live outfit recently, you see all kinds of vocalists, dancers and percussion experts - quite a journey away from just Simon and Raja working in a dark studio together. Plus as we know Shpongle have attained a level of mainstream recognition unparalleled for artists of this genre. It's only to be expected that their sound adapts to become more friendly to their new audience.

Which genre are you talking about?

Ambient?

Some sort of lounge/world hybrid?

Psychedelic electronica?

The Shpongle "aesthetic" is what is so successful. Whether they are "psychedelic" or not is not really the point. People like Shpongle because it's catchy, interesting, rhythmic, and fun to listen to. Clearly they have done something right if they can get average people who are not commonly interested in electronic music to listen to some of the most effects driven music ever made.

All the whining in this thread reminds me of what happened the last time Shpongle released an album with Simon getting pissed at all the people who pirated the album. Let's hope that doesn't happen again!

Hope what? That Simon wont get getting angry at pirates? :P Hilarious.

It will for certainly be pirated so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one.

As their music gets more worse with every album they push out even I stop to buy their albums. They aren't just good enough for me.

And this track is just, really shitty.

It's like people force themselfs to like Shpongle. I don't know why.

Hope what? That Simon wont get getting angry at pirates? :P Hilarious.

It will for certainly be pirated so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one.

As their music gets more worse with every album they push out even I stop to buy their albums. They aren't just good enough for me.

And this track is just, really shitty.

you and i's tastes are so similar in many ways, but have to disagree on this one, i thought their last had some of their best

am staying away from anymore samples til the finished product

+100000000 and hallucinogen. I never got the hype and wonder how it started in the first place.

When I first heard Hallucinogen, I didn't get it. It really didn't sound all that appealing. Then I listened to it at a party on a big speaker system and witnessed energy like never before. It took me a month or so, but I finally started liking it and now I can't get enough. I DJ with it all the time and the crowd just goes nuts. The sound is so progressive and pure. It's the first of it's kind. There are definitely more advanced and much better albums out there (I am speaking of Twisted) but looking back, it was fucking incredible. This is coming from a 21 year old, so I never grew up with it. I just opened my mind and thought "whats the big deal". I can't really explain it. It just hit me, kabam, and I fell in love.

Hallucinogen has a different atmosphere to most other goa trance. It sounds wilder and more twisted and experimental. That could be the reason some people don`t like it, it is by far less linear than a lot of other trance musuc. He modified and edited a lot in his tracks, the bubbling for example is something I know only from him and a small number of other artists, I love that really much. Also the voice chopping according to rythm in shpongle and hallucinogen is something special by Simon. It really is emotional and psychedelic, It is darker and awakes different emotions to other msuic, but it is very powerful and musically advanced.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email today saying I was supposed to get an email with a download link for the preorder earlier except there wasn't one. By the way, it's no coincidence that they chose to drop it like this precisely 5 days before the original release date, and the preorder went up on June 5th. Next there will be 5 songs on the album all in 5/4 time signature and Si will have the number 5 tattooed to his forehead precisely 5 times.

Edit: Sent a quick message to support and they helped me out. About to listen to the album for the first time.

I got the email and I am listening to the album right now.

If you preordered click on your original email with the receipt on it.

At the top you will see a link with "live receipt"

You'll get the download there!

I like it so far.

Its a bit different to the other stuff i think. not as out there but i like it