Brand new Shpongle just released!

Lemmiwinks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i think of what Posford could be doing with his time and expertise, and then listen to what he is doing with, i become sad

pretty sure at this point that "Shpongle" is a VST fed with ethno-samples, and that we've heard every element of that new track used before in an existing Shpongle track

when i think of what Posford could be doing with his time and expertise, and then listen to what he is doing with, i become sad

pretty sure at this point that "Shpongle" is a VST fed with ethno-samples, and that we've heard every element of that new track used before in an existing Shpongle track

hehe nice way of putting it ;)

So true. It is actually a while that I'm not excited about his output.... I mean... it is pretty good music, but nothing that excites me really. On the other hand the new Benji Vaughan album sounds pretty slick.

some people want it to sound like old shpongle, not too complicated and world music influenced. I love the first shpongle because it is not very world music influenced, vapour rumours could be a goabient track, but some of the later stuff is too world music influenced.

This track is exactly what people want and expect and Simon does not want to lose the big shpongle audience with adding 50 000 000 synthlayers and fx at the same time like with newschool music, people want to hear timless music like his old releases on shpongle I and shpongle II, so he is doing allright.

Music does not have to evolve, is classic outdated or timeless, does it ahve to evolve, adding more instruments playing at the same time? No it does not, so is shpongle, timeless music since 1997.

For those people who do want to hear more tracks liek they were produced int he ninetees he does exactly what he should, those who have enough may come short.

So true. It is actually a while that I'm not excited about his output.... I mean... it is pretty good music, but nothing that excites me really. On the other hand the new Benji Vaughan album sounds pretty slick.

Tell me more about the Benji Vaughan album please? Is it Prometheus or another project? Thanks

BTW I think the new track is badass

Tell me more about the Benji Vaughan album please? Is it Prometheus or another project? Thanks

BTW I think the new track is badass

Well, he is releasing it under his own name on Twisted and it is called Even Tundra. A month ago or so it was on soundcloud free to listen and sounds quite good. A mix between psy chill and Trentemøller stuff.

i take it you know less than nothing about music, and music production

i've heard the track and yes it sounds like they're just repeating themselves, but still, such a thing is very hard to do! and they do it flawlessly!

i wouldn't even want to know how much work goes into one sphongle track since i know its not gonna be just a few days or weeks...

and even though i'm more a fan of the classical shpongle sound, this track sounds much like the style they had on nothing lasts... and to me it really delivers!

Well, he is releasing it under his own name on Twisted and it is called Even Tundra. A month ago or so it was on soundcloud free to listen and sounds quite good. A mix between psy chill and Trentemøller stuff.

Thank you sir! Didn't mean to threadjack, btw. Viva Shpongle!

woah, the part between 2:30- 3:30 made me have goosebumps :) too bad the rest of the track isn't like that :(

Oh my god! Shpongle out out music that sounds like... Shpongle!

And for some reason that's considered shit, immature and infantile?

What about an entire label called Suntrip that puts out release after release that sounds like exactly the same pseudo Etnica crap time after time? And we suck it up because there's no real alternative!

Oh my god! Shpongle out out music that sounds like... Shpongle!

And for some reason that's considered shit, immature and infantile?

What about an entire label called Suntrip that puts out release after release that sounds like exactly the same pseudo Etnica crap time after time? And we suck it up because there's no real alternative!

Absolutely true, fully agreed.

Haha hopefully not, for Simons sanity sake at least lol..

As for the track, I like it, I don't looooove it.

But and this is a huge but, for me I can't really judge a Shpongle track as its own entity.

They all fit into the ecosystem of the album, in their own perfect space and time and all contribute to the overall whole, and overall journey of the album,

so its not really about epic single tracks for me....

In saying that though this track is nice and feels like a continuation from where they left off, noticeably using some of the same audio techniques as on the last album. I expect as we dig deeper into the album its full majesty will unfold and we will be able to hear entirely new techniques and sounds as simon has done on each album previous..

Can't wait! :D

• 2 weeks later...

i take it you know less than nothing about music, and music production

i've heard the track and yes it sounds like they're just repeating themselves, but still, such a thing is very hard to do! and they do it flawlessly!

i wouldn't even want to know how much work goes into one sphongle track since i know its not gonna be just a few days or weeks...

and even though i'm more a fan of the classical shpongle sound, this track sounds much like the style they had on nothing lasts... and to me it really delivers!

mate does it matter whether i know anything about music production? the track is rubbish

i am glad you enjoy it though, at least someone is