Have you ever lost a release from your collection?

Guest D N H

Guest D N H

Did you ever lent a cd to someone and was never returned back or you forgot about it?

Has a cd been stolen from you? Maybe a release that was damaged?

Items that your collection still misses back...

I lost a case with about 50 original goa/psy cds about 10 years ago. I don't even remember if I forgot it in the train or if it slipped from the back of my backpack when I rode my bike home from the train station. I rebought maybe 5 or 10 of those during the last few years and have probably close to 100 original cds in my goa/psy collection right now.

Ouch hearing about your loss. I haven't lost any releases and hope I dont ;p I've at least made a list on my computer for ones I own. So if there is ever a day where I can't find something, I'll check the list to see if I once owned it. There are times I forget what I have, ahah!

Guest D N H

I have lost 2 cds by lending them, Israel's 4 & 3dvision Inside, plus two badly scratched discs of a double cd comp and of a good album, which caused error in two amazing tracks of both releases.

Other than that i have donated few electronica cds.

LAW: Never lend your CDs! Mostly Never ! -As it has been said, it is better to give a cd than to lend it.

No. I lent some cds to a friend of my cousin and he kept them for 3 months. I went to his house and asked his mother to give them back. That day I swore to never ever lend cds again.

I also lost some through lending... I never see the guy anymore... I got his Filteria - Daze Of Our Lives and some petty good Full-On Comps in return though so I'm not going to complain :P

Guest D N H

Yeah thank god.

Then don't complain too much...

Apart from having received cds in a lesser great condition, i once lent a big part of my collection to receive latter the rejection to borrow few cds just to copy :huh::unsure::angry:

When i'm thinking of all my naivety, i feel an idiot and irresponsible towards the art :(

I've got 4 CDs at the moment have been missing for 4-5 years, all held by the same person. I actually haven't bothered tracking them down...

A DJ here in my hometown had a MASSIVE collection of DATs. He was lucky to have been involved with the people organising the first parties in Grecce around 1992-1993. He had TONS AND TONS of stuff, some unreleased, that the he got from various DJs and artists through the years. He lost most of it around 2002 when they stole his car and the boot was full of DATs. He didn't give a fuck about the car, but the loss of his DATs was devastating to him.

i had a bunch of cd's stolen from my car years ago (after listening they use to mount up) stupid me, 1 copy of accidental occidentalism and just had to be the mint copy, some space tribe etc, couple of suntrips but................................... this was the big loss

http://www.discogs.com/Herc-Johnny-Sin-Goa-Trance-RIP/release/350318

for the rarity factor, lucky i had it backed up

you will all say, why did you have those originals in you car???

well my attitude back then was, not gonna leave them on the shelf to gather dust and never listen to them, even if i did have back ups

fuck it....... lifes to short for things.

i just hope the person who took them appreciated and respected what they took!

but in reality i suspect they ended up in a pawn shop somewhere for a couple of bucks!

I had quite some packs that never arrived so I suppose that during the years the postal systems stole me something like 10 to 15 releases.

I once made a list of never arrived records but i think i have lost that one too... would have to search for it on the hard disk.

One that hurt particularly was an order from psy harmonics, that pack never arrived and it contained 2 rare discs:

http://www.discogs.com/Androcell-Emotivision/release/342962

and

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Clairaudience/release/89464

i had to buy them both again, and i never got refunded for this order, which was not a good story.

I also have to say i bought androcell mint for a good price in this order and when i had to buy it again was for 35 eur and arrived a cd in horrible conditions. so all in all a very bad experience. And i never bought anything anymore from australia.

Guest D N H

I had quite some packs that never arrived so I suppose that during the years the postal systems stole me something like 10 to 15 releases.

And i never bought anything anymore from australia.

Weren't these registered dispatches ?

No these weren't and mind that even wit registered mail if a pack goes lost the post office refunds you a multiplier of the price of the shipping. For instance in Italy if i ship a pack registered and costs 12 eur, they will refund me 12x3 times so 36 eur, but if the pack contains a cd worth more than that it is your loss.

You would have to do insured up to the value of the discs but than that would be expensive too. Long story short I avoided buying from australia for this reason but i suppose i was just unlucky.

Also if i were to use always registered shipping it would be very expensive to receive records. I normally pay for registered shipping only from dangerous countries such as russia or greece.

No these weren't and mind that even wit registered mail if a pack goes lost the post office refunds you a multiplier of the price of the shipping. For instance in Italy if i ship a pack registered and costs 12 eur, they will refund me 12x3 times so 36 eur, but if the pack contains a cd worth more than that it is your loss.

You would have to do insured up to the value of the discs but than that would be expensive too. Long story short I avoided buying from australia for this reason but i suppose i was just unlucky.

Also if i were to use always registered shipping it would be very expensive to receive records. I normally pay for registered shipping only from dangerous countries such as russia or greece.

very unlucky bro, did you deal with andrew direct?