Where are they now

DJEuforiske

Thought this could be an interesting thread for all your favorite goa/psy producers that don't produce anymore. Where are they now,what are they doing these days.

I know that Asia 2001 is still around and releasing a new album in December and of course we know where Simon is. But what about the other guys (Doof,Man With No Name,Jaia etc. or even newer artists for that matter)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been doing so much buying of back catalogue releases I haven't paid attention to what may be coming out now or their projects.

-Darshan

-Alien Project

-Suria - guessing still has a song now and again like Audialize does..

-Anax - had a killer album in '04 and found out he now does.. house music or something..?

-Miraculix

when I find time (busy lately) I'll browse around.

Slinky Wizard. I know one of the original guys died, but what are the rest up to? They had some good shit!

oh man, never knew that 8(

Man, I really miss Miraculix. :(

Me too! a quick Google search and I see he hasnt logged into Myspace since 2010 and his recent released song in 2012 was originally a track from '07. Anyway to get in touch with the artists? Anyone here based in Sweden and know how to contact this guy? haha! I'd at least like to say "hey! loved your first two albums!"

I've not heard the rest but will order them ;D

edit: he's the first result on Fbook if you enter his full name. I sent a message in hopes for a response 8)

Guest D N H

No news of Dreamweaver in Facebook. They were about to re-release Lord of Illusions and some unreleased, what's happened?

what happened to etnica and BPC?!?!

Etnica is still producing full-on under their Etnica and Pleiadians monikers.

Or was this a trick-question? :D

Etnica is still producing full-on under their Etnica and Pleiadians monikers.

Or was this a trick-question? :D

yea i guess. I knew what two of the 4 are doing. I know one went to arkanoidz but he and the 4th dude haven't been active.

And Blue Planet Corporation?!?

and what's up with gnotr? they promised us a new album ;)

we were? do you think they were talking about Matt Coldrick's ' Green Nuns on Ice' chill/ambient album?

And they made a compilation as a tribute to him http://www.discogs.com/Various-Boyd-In-The-Void/release/163472

thanks for clearing that up! and now the compilation name makes sense too.

A while back Dick Trevor promised the original album reissued, remastered and with some modern tweakage added. Apparently Matt Coldrick said no because he had been having trouble passing his bowels. It's a shame, as it would make them a lot of money I think. I hope they do it on vinyl, I'd buy two please.

Guest D N H

I would like to hear again : Darshan.

The have made only 2 comp tracks since their comeback and i red somewhere they would be more active, but not much until now.. unfortunately.

Back then, around '99, i red in a magazine a top 5 of a dj and one of the tracks was "Gizmo". Some years ago, i searched in the net but didn't find anything about it. Now happily, i see it included in the upcoming Zion604 comp.

But besides this unreleased track, where's the legendary Snakething, where's Nick Taylor?

Thought this could be an interesting thread for all your favorite goa/psy producers that don't produce anymore. Where are they now,what are they doing these days.

I know that Asia 2001 is still around and releasing a new album in December and of course we know where Simon is. But what about the other guys (Doof,Man With No Name,Jaia etc. or even newer artists for that matter)

Last album from Jaia is actualy Re:Works, realized in 2009.

Since that, Jaia fusionned with Silicon sound to make a new project : Even11. With this project they mostly produce progressive stuff, which is interesting, sound good, but which is different of the Goa trance sound you may hear in jaia's first albums.

In Feburar of 2013, Jaia made a remix of Vibrasphere - Purple, you can listen to this here

I miss old school goa trance song from Jaia ! It's not that I don't like his new stuff, even if I rather what he made before it, but when Jaia is doing Goa trance stuff it's just amazing !

Jaia rocks even in his current incarnation as Kama/Even11!

Wouldnt mind to hear some new proper psytrance made by him tho!

Hmm, Blue Planet Corporation - interesting question, havent followed their music after their first and only album.

Wasnt there double CD re-release with Blue Planet on one and Test on the other, Test being fullon music?

I'd also like to see Prodigal Sun return. What a unique style

they did say that they'd make a new album if this video got over 100 000 views, which happened iirc around a year ago.

haha! I first saw that music video on psychedelic.ru years ago before there was Google Chrome to translate webpages. I just remember what the russian links did and one had music videos ;p

well then Mr. Trevor - If you're reading this, live up to the promise and money will fly your way!

I wrote the info description on psydb.net for The Green Nuns and Cosmosis. Twice in the past the Ozora Festivals used it for their site ;p just a small fact haha!

Jaia rocks even in his current incarnation as Kama/Even11!

Wouldnt mind to hear some new proper psytrance made by him tho!

Hmm, Blue Planet Corporation - interesting question, havent followed their music after their first and only album.

Wasnt there double CD re-release with Blue Planet on one and Test on the other, Test being fullon music?

I wasn't aware of the rerelease. He released two album, the self titled album, one of my favorite albums, and A Blue Print for Survival.