Your very first releases...

Guest D N H

The first cd I bought myself at a shop was VA - Rave Now! 5 when I was 14 years old. I had hardly listened to music before that because I didn't really like any music I heard ariound me.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Rave-Now-5/release/138538

I listened to the first track and it was a revelation. :o:wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50RAG6p9RC0

The next two releases (about a year later) were VA - Goa Head 3 and VA - Chakra Red. Then followed VA - Dream Creation - The Sound of Freedom I think. Kind of funny how the only goa/psy releases that were available at my more or less ordinary whatever-media shop ("LIBRO") at the time were imo really good ones. :D

My first goa/psy record I ever bought was Psykovsky's Da Budet, as I was more into Dark back then. Next up followed Radical Distortion - Psychedelic Dreams, Fraggletrollet - Playground of Spirit and VA - Temple Of One from glowing flame records. This was to gauge what I would like best. It turned out to be Radical Distortion, and the rest is history :D

Still adore Da Budet though!

Very first psytrance that I heard as a kid was Alien Protein, didnt understand it at that time, wasnt capable of :D!

Times passed and I rediscovered that CD somewhere in 2003/2004, what a bliss, what a joy!

There was also one CD from Distance to Goa and one CD from Destination Goa VA's, I did enjoy Cosmosis - Doors Of Perception due to its more-understandable sound back in the days, whereas the rest of CD's and tracks took a while to open up my mind years later when I re-discovered them and gave them my first listen!

Guest D N H

Very first psytrance that I heard as a kid was Alien Protein, didnt understand it at that time, wasnt capable of :D!

That was happening to me too in the beginning and sometimes depending the sound. That's because the quality and the complexity of this music exalts the mind's perceptiveness.

Times passed and I rediscovered that CD somewhere in 2003/2004, what a bliss, what a joy!

There was also one CD from Distance to Goa and one CD from Destination Goa VA's, I did enjoy Cosmosis - Doors Of Perception due to its more-understandable sound back in the days, whereas the rest of CD's and tracks took a while to open up my mind years later when I re-discovered them and gave them my first listen!

That was happening to me too in the beginning and sometimes depending the sound. That's because the quality and the complexity of this music exalts the mind's perceptiveness.

I played Swiv 3D back in the day and didn't actually really realize how awesome the soundtrack of that game is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SnUGgsVnQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kogf3PdAGVo

:posford:

Haha, yeah, at that time when I first heard it, I wasnt trying to get into it, I was more into mainstream trance/scooter kind of pop music so at the very tip of my ears it sounded like some combination of weird acordeon sounds :lol:

Yeh :lol:

my first was

total eclipse in '96

then the next ones i purchased a while later all at the same time

technosomy - synthetic flesh

d5 - transdimentional

flying rhino - first flight, black rhino

v.t.o.l - single

slide - search e.p

the first psytrance/Goa Trance CD I bought was

Various - Digital Alchemy
Released:01 Oct 1994